#1 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This guy has been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories all week trying to get the world record.

The world record is 5 hours.

I don't even know how to feel about this. It's a mix of confusion, terror, sympathy and pure astonishment. This entire game is just RNG, he just sits there for hours on end making all these cards together to turn them into different cards. I have no idea how this fucking game works or how he understands any of this. It's like watching someone give a lecture about quantum physics in a foreign language. I don't know what the fuck is happening, but he just keeps going, it never stops. What drives him? What motivates a human being to do this to himself?

I don't understand this and it scares me.

Someone please explain to me what is going on. I don't know how to go on living after this.

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (7558 posts) -

I see no guy.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

You must be talking about http://www.twitch.tv/ssbmstuff.

About 2 weeks he played for about 30 hours straight and still didn't beat the game. The ending is so ruthless is crazy.

#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I see no guy.

Twitch embed didn't work. It might be because of the new layout.

#5 Edited by Bollard (5024 posts) -

He's currently an hour ahead of the record, I kinda just wanna watch to see if he can botch that up.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -
#7 Posted by konig_kei (575 posts) -

Heart of the cards!!! he'll need it!

#8 Posted by HerbieBug (3840 posts) -

It takes a certain breed to speedrun a game. An even more particular subset of that breed to speedrun a game that is so random and so long. There are people regularly doing single session runs of Final Fantasy games, nine and ten hours or more without a break. It's really quite amazing.

I don't think I could do it myself but I absolutely love watching speed runner streams. The dedication! The wild emotional swings! :)

#9 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

@herbiebug: There was a guy a few weeks back trying to do a perfect speed run of Batman for the NES.

It was fucking art.

#10 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11001 posts) -

I am enthralled watching this fellow grind out cards on a 11-year-old Yu-Gi-Oh game. Why.

#11 Edited by HerbieBug (3840 posts) -

@herbiebug: There was a guy a few weeks back trying to do a perfect speed run of Batman for the NES.

It was fucking art.

Funkdoc? Yeah, that guy is awesome. :D