Forza Horizon Expansion gets DIRTy

#1 Edited by SushiX (137 posts) -

With just a few more days until the launch of Forza Horizon starting on October 23, the news for the game keeps coming strong. As if hitting the open roads of Colorado wasn’t enough, today we’re unveiling the first glimpse of the first expansion pack for Forza Horizon… and rally fans, this one’s for you. The “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” is coming on December 18 to Xbox LIVE and will be available for 1,600 MS Points (or included as part of the Forza Horizon Season Pass).

Delivering an immersive and authentic rally racing experience on the roughest untamed roads of Colorado, the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more.

Look for further details on the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” in the coming weeks, leading up to the release of the pack on December 18.

Forza Horizon Season Pass Details: We’ve got the full details on the Forza Horizon Season Pass below, including newly announced content that makes the Season Pass an even better value to Forza Horizon fans.

Here’s the complete rundown of content available to Forza Horizon Season Pass owners:

Month One Car Pack

The Month One Car Pack for Forza Horizon will be available starting on October 23 and will include six cars for use in Forza Horizon:

2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione -- It’s notable that Ferrari considers itself a racing team first and automaker second. Leaving no gaps in the realm of elite performance, the XX line was created to bridge between Formula One and production cars. The Evoluzione has only 30 more horsepower than the previous 599XX but is a full second faster on Ferrari’s exclusive Fiorano test track.

2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged -- One of the biggest and best-kept secrets of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the Gumpert Apollo Enraged dropped jaws at its unveiling. The ultra-exclusive three units of production are street legal, but realistically are ready-to-race track cars.

2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider -- In the tradition of the open-air Giulietta of the 1950’s, but with all the performance and technology of the 8C Competizione Coupe, the 8C Spider is as graceful as you’d expect from an Alfa. It is also ready to pounce given a little motivation. Its body lines are supple; its interior boasts exposed carbon fiber and aluminum.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 -- Revamping a classic car to match its predecessor is a difficult trick in the car business. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does so in every way and then some. Pure fun mixed with nostalgia doesn’t get much better than this.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador J -- Sparing no expense, and designed in a total of six weeks for its one prospective customer, Lamborghini created the open-air Aventador J. In its cockpit you won’t find any climate control—for obvious reasons—or navigation; they would simply add weight. Powered by the standard Aventador’s 700 horsepower 6.5-liter V12, the roofless—and ruthless--J can easily achieve speeds north of 180 mph.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air -- Before the terms “stanced” or “tuner” were even a thought in the mind of any car enthusiast, there was the ‘57 Chevy. The Bel Air was the most upscale of the bodies sporting the most chrome and a golden grill. Whether you keep it classic, flourish it in flames, or drop in a big block, it will always get looks.

The Month One Car Pack is included free for Forza Horizon Season Pass owners, or available individually for 400 MS Points.

Six Monthly DLC Car Packs

Beginning in November, Forza Horizon fans will enjoy a steady stream of monthly DLC cars and the Forza Horizon Season Pass will give you instant access to all these cars as they are released. Each monthly DLC pack will include six incredible cars bound for Horizon Festival greatness – from cutting edge supercars to eminently drivable classics and all points in between. Individual DLC car packs will cost 400 MS Points but Season Pass owners will have access to the first six monthly DLC packs, from November 2012 through April 2013, at no additional cost. As always, fans will be able to use their DLC cars in a variety of monthly DLC-focused community events, contests, and challenges, including photo contests, Rivals events, and more.

Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack

The Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack will include new events, new cars, and new achievements and will cost 1,600 MS Points as a standalone purchase. The Rally Expansion Pack is included in the cost of the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass. Look for more info on this exciting expansion pack in the weeks to come.

Five Exclusive Season Pack Bonus Cars

In addition to the Month 1 Car Pack, the six Monthly DLC Packs and the Rally Expansion Pack, Forza Horizon Season Pass owners will also receive five exclusive Season Pass bonus cars, with one car delivered monthly for the next five months. Season Pass Bonus Cars will be available for download on the third Tuesday of each month from November 2012 through March 2013. The Season Pass Bonus Car for November is the 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept. Look for more details on future Season Pass Bonus Cars in the coming weeks.

The Forza Horizon Season Pass will cost 4,000 MS Points and represents savings of more than 15 percent over buying the individual content packs. Look for the Forza Horizon Season Pass, available for purchase on Xbox LIVE, beginning on October 23.

"Play and Win" Incentives: Players who purchase and play “Forza Horizon” during the first week of release will receive a free gift car – the 2010 Saleen S5S Raptor; a unicorn car typically only available from the “Forza Horizon” community team. Those who download and play the currently available Xbox LIVE demo for Forza Horizon and then play the full game will receive a 2013 SRT Viper GTS, complete with a custom livery.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Rally_Expansion_Announce/

~

A lot of people had been shocked by the $50 price tag on the Season Pass, does this potentially justify the cost for you?

#2 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

Are we really just allowed to post press releases as forum topics?

#3 Posted by j3ffro919 (242 posts) -

I'm amazed at the sheer amount of hate this release has brought to their facebook page. Several hundred comments of "OMG I WANT THIS IN THE GAME FOR THE PURCHASE PRICE" etc. I feel like I'm the only person that' thinks this is a good thing. Sure it effectively doubles the price of the game, but if it can keep you playing for 5-6 months that's a value proposition that few games can touch.

That said if it doesn't float your boat, that's understandable. I S-Ranked FM4, but I know the vast majority of people don't like playing the same thing for that long.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@j3ffro919 said:

I'm amazed at the sheer amount of hate this release has brought to their facebook page. Several hundred comments of "OMG I WANT THIS IN THE GAME FOR THE PURCHASE PRICE" etc. I feel like I'm the only person that' thinks this is a good thing. Sure it effectively doubles the price of the game, but if it can keep you playing for 5-6 months that's a value proposition that few games can touch.

That said if it doesn't float your boat, that's understandable. I S-Ranked FM4, but I know the vast majority of people don't like playing the same thing for that long.

Word. The amount of support they have positioned behind this game seems great. People are just entitled bastards that don't have the faintest clue how the industry works. And December is a pretty quick turnaround for new content.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9578 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@j3ffro919 said:

I'm amazed at the sheer amount of hate this release has brought to their facebook page. Several hundred comments of "OMG I WANT THIS IN THE GAME FOR THE PURCHASE PRICE" etc. I feel like I'm the only person that' thinks this is a good thing. Sure it effectively doubles the price of the game, but if it can keep you playing for 5-6 months that's a value proposition that few games can touch.

That said if it doesn't float your boat, that's understandable. I S-Ranked FM4, but I know the vast majority of people don't like playing the same thing for that long.

Word. The amount of support they have positioned behind this game seems great. People are just entitled bastards that don't have the faintest clue how the industry works. And December is a pretty quick turnaround for new content.

Though I agree they really should have expected an outcry and waited for the details. Rather, speak in general terms about what the season pass will get you instead.

#6 Posted by MikkaQ (10261 posts) -

Then that makes sense, 30 bucks for the cars like in Forza 4, 20 bucks for the expansion pack.

Still, that's a lot to spend when you don't know the quality, seems like something I'd wanna read about before buying.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Demoskinos said:

@j3ffro919 said:

I'm amazed at the sheer amount of hate this release has brought to their facebook page. Several hundred comments of "OMG I WANT THIS IN THE GAME FOR THE PURCHASE PRICE" etc. I feel like I'm the only person that' thinks this is a good thing. Sure it effectively doubles the price of the game, but if it can keep you playing for 5-6 months that's a value proposition that few games can touch.

That said if it doesn't float your boat, that's understandable. I S-Ranked FM4, but I know the vast majority of people don't like playing the same thing for that long.

Word. The amount of support they have positioned behind this game seems great. People are just entitled bastards that don't have the faintest clue how the industry works. And December is a pretty quick turnaround for new content.

Though I agree they really should have expected an outcry and waited for the details. Rather, speak in general terms about what the season pass will get you instead.

This IS one of the things that the season pass gets you.

#8 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

That actually looks like a pretty awesome add on...

#9 Posted by JasonR86 (9578 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Demoskinos said:

@j3ffro919 said:

I'm amazed at the sheer amount of hate this release has brought to their facebook page. Several hundred comments of "OMG I WANT THIS IN THE GAME FOR THE PURCHASE PRICE" etc. I feel like I'm the only person that' thinks this is a good thing. Sure it effectively doubles the price of the game, but if it can keep you playing for 5-6 months that's a value proposition that few games can touch.

That said if it doesn't float your boat, that's understandable. I S-Ranked FM4, but I know the vast majority of people don't like playing the same thing for that long.

Word. The amount of support they have positioned behind this game seems great. People are just entitled bastards that don't have the faintest clue how the industry works. And December is a pretty quick turnaround for new content.

Though I agree they really should have expected an outcry and waited for the details. Rather, speak in general terms about what the season pass will get you instead.

This IS one of the things that the season pass gets you.

I understand that. But sometimes lacking specifics gives off a better impression. It leads to implications like "The team is still working on it" while still explaining to potential buyers of the season pass what they might expect. Sometimes less detail is better.

#10 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

All these people bitching about the same old DLC bullshit. Is what is in the box worth $60 to you? No? Then don't buy it and shut up.

They're putting the motherfucking Aventador J in. This represents the first time I've ever been excited for DLC. I hope the people on FB are sure to stop the morality of DLC circle-jerk long enough to appreciate the game.

#11 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

@Jace: I agree with your sentiment but won't be buying the season pass. I want the expansions but this game I see as more about driving than car collecting. But is the pass worth the price? Hell yeah

#12 Posted by ObsideonDarman (640 posts) -

This seems like a great expansion. Personally I think the season pass is a great thing for this game. It's probably the best use of the season pass so far seeing as the DLC support for Forza 4 was astounding.

#13 Posted by Sin4profit (2903 posts) -

As someone who's made a conscious decision to not buy 360 games anymore, Horizon, hearing about this Rally pack, and GB's 5 star review has me REALLY itching to pick this game up. After Need For Speed Most Wanted i may loop back and buy it later.

#14 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

wow that is pretty good. i got excited about it. i do hope that it's good.

i have to say forza is actually good for people who want a season pass. i think it's worth it if youre a DLC person. i do think that they released a september car pack for 4. it's good since they were working on horizon. usually developers don't support their game after a year of being released. i don't buy too many DLC for games.

#15 Posted by MachoFantastico (4474 posts) -

Looks pretty good, to be honest I purchased the Forza 4 season pass and didn't really mess with all the cars they released. The price is the issue for Horizon but having played the demo, I wouldn't be shocked if I ended up purchasing that season pass, I could see myself playing Horizon for a good while. Demo was great.

On a side note, what's with some reviews saying it looks less visually impressive than Forza 4? From the demo alone I thought it blew Forza 4 out of the water.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.