The Giant Bomb Forza Horizon Car Club

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1681 posts) -

@icytower38: See, I thought I had. I guess I will go to youtube, but I would like just a screencap I could gaze at for about 40 minutes trying to figure out which dots I have and which I don't...

#152 Posted by Demoskinos (15275 posts) -
@icytower38
@Demoskinos @EarlessShrimp check youtube, there's a good set of video's up but have not seen any good images. My recomendation is to check the dirt driveways and car parks off the side of the roads, also there is one on the damn.
Ah Ha! Paydirt!
http://vgfaq.com/guides/forza-horizon-discount-signs-locations/

#153 Posted by Lathos42 (13 posts) -

Well, I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to join the club should a spot open up. Just picked up Horizon last night and I've been playing the shit out of it so far. GT: Lathos42

#154 Posted by Trace (3581 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp said:

@PsEG: Do in game messages include beating things like speed cameras? Lately I've been cruising around horizon to find all the stupid discount signs (I still need 5 more and I'VE DRIVEN ALL THE FRIGGIN' ROADS). So, I'm not sure if it recognizes the fact that I'm being 'active'? I'm assuming race night attendance and such will play an active roll in lieu of the messages?

Absolutely. Any and all evidence I have that you're active will factor in, including speed camera messages. So don't worry about it too much and keep playing! I'll figure it out once we get to a point where over turnover's necessary, and I'm not just planning to boot people without warning.

#155 Posted by SgtSphynx (1622 posts) -
@PsEG said:
Once we're full, it will take a few weeks to determine initial inactivity, so it will take quite a bit of time to cycle in any new members. Again, accept my apologies for this, but since there's no easy "last active" indicator in-game, I end up analyzing all of the club's in-game activity and gamertags to determine who's playing and who isn't. It is, needless to say, a gigantic pain in the ass.
No apologies needed bro, as long as I'm on the waiting list, it's cool.
#156 Posted by Miniexadoor (33 posts) -

Probably full by now but send me an invite if you get room: Exadoor

#157 Edited by Robo (821 posts) -

If yall get room again, toss me an invitation. Been playing the shit out of this game since I got it. I may contribute some vinyl designs too. I'm a bit rusty and I don't quite have the free time of some of the more detailed decal makers, but I should be able to put together some decent GB-related stuff.

GT: RoboCrump

#158 Posted by Asky314159 (64 posts) -

Put me on the waitlist too!

GT: Asky314159

#159 Posted by Demoskinos (15275 posts) -

I'm going insane here... I've driven all 216 of the roads but my stats screen says I'm missing 3 speed traps and 1 speed zone. =(

#160 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

I'd like to join if there are any slots available: SerHulse is the GT, ta.

#161 Posted by RiteHandLuv (10 posts) -

Sorry to the guys this morning for not having a mic. MY headses batteries died and didnt have replacments. Got my butt kicked anyway so all you would have heard was me screaming and cussing at the TV. Anyways looking forward to playing with you all again.

#162 Posted by KK90 (4 posts) -

Would like to join the GB racing Club, My xbox live user name is KK90.

#163 Posted by Krushr (53 posts) -

My copy finally rocked up, GamerTag is Krushination

#164 Edited by Darklight (212 posts) -

So far every game I played with people from the club have been enjoyable and I like the atmosphere. I just wanted to post this to apologize that I'm not speaking even if I have a mic. It's to hide the horrible truth that I'm french and even though I can speak english, I'm not practicing often anymore and I don't want to bother anyone with my butchering of english.

Anyway, great club, great fun.

#165 Posted by beef_daddy (97 posts) -

Butcher away, we don't mind! and it was some great racing last night, we still need to get the 200 mph challenge done.

#166 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

@beef_daddy: It will be done tonight. I fully support no racing until it's done. Or racing as long as we get it done eventually. You choose, really.

#167 Posted by airin8971 (1 posts) -

I would like to join. My Gamertag is "airin8971". Thank you

#168 Posted by Mooks (53 posts) -

Howdy hi folks, loving horizon and would love it even more with some GB riders :-)

Gamertag - mr mooks

Cya online!

#169 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1699 posts) -

: I just picked up Horizon today with Need for Speed, and would like to join the GB car club, if that's cool!

My GT is BeardOfZeus26.

Thanks!

#170 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

If there's still room I'm totally down.

GT: superpow93

#171 Posted by xivia (14 posts) -

Ohhhh Gamertag "Xivia1" and I want to go BOM BOM BOM!

#172 Edited by san_salvador (148 posts) -

This should be a code for the Dodge Challenger, I already have one.

3FXGM-6GKCF-GRK69-9HWHX-QR3JZ sold!

Enjoy!

#173 Edited by Rave (379 posts) -

@PsEG just got this an made a request in game hopefully there is still room

gt: knothome

@san_salvador: Thanks I used the code! :)

#174 Posted by Flaime (528 posts) -

I would like to join.

Flaime92

#175 Posted by Trace (3581 posts) -

Hate to say it, everyone, but the club has finally hit 100 members. We'll stay at that cap for a while until I can definitively determine people who aren't active. At this point, that's only about eight people. Once I am able to free up space for people who have moved on, I'll continue inviting down the waiting list, generally based on the order in which you posted. Anyone booted for inactivity can ask to rejoin, no problem, but they'll be at the bottom of the waiting list.

Really sorry to those of you that aren't able to make it in yet, since I'd love to have a club that includes literally every Giant Bomb fan that plays Forza Horizon. Guess that's not exactly normal, though.

#176 Posted by Optix12 (628 posts) -

quite abit late to the party but when there is free space please add me. GT: Optix21

#177 Posted by whatthegeek (63 posts) -

I imagine the club is all full up by this point, but if you've got room, I'd like to get in on this action.

GT: What the Geek

Thanks!

#178 Posted by Rave (379 posts) -

Would anyone be willing to make an overflow room of sorts for people wanting in? If there are enough waiting we may have enough to have a good secondary gb club?

#179 Posted by Professorreid (28 posts) -

I would like to join the Forza Horizon Club when spots become available. My gamer tag is Professor Reid.

#180 Posted by KK90 (4 posts) -

Wanting to join the Race Club KK90.

#181 Posted by Sneeze (91 posts) -

Yup please add me to the waiting list :)

GT: Ketahy

#182 Posted by Trace (3581 posts) -

@Rave said:

Would anyone be willing to make an overflow room of sorts for people wanting in? If there are enough waiting we may have enough to have a good secondary gb club?

I was initially against this, but given the amount of people who haven't made it into the club (about 30 by my count), a second club for overflow might be a really good idea. The main problem is finding someone to manage it that is willing to make a sacrifice and never make it into the main club, and most people aren't willing to do that (which is both reasonable and understandable).

Then again, I have a few dummy gamertags for race nights, and I can give one of them Xbox Live Gold at the moment, so...give me a day or two to figure this out. I might be able to create a looser second club for overflow, and once space opens up in the main club, I can pick people from there. It seems potentially reasonable!

#183 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1681 posts) -

@PsEG: we could start a kickstarter to fund your extra gold account... right?

#184 Posted by tsigo (100 posts) -

Adding myself to the waiting list.

GT: saigoh

#185 Posted by Rave (379 posts) -
@PsEG thanks for looking at it, if I had more free time I'd offer to host it but I don't really play until weekends. I always appreciate when people are able to spare a bit of time to do this
#186 Posted by PatientBeast (34 posts) -

Dropping my name off to the waiting list. Look forward to hear from you guys.

GT: PatientBeast

#187 Posted by Marlowe (33 posts) -

Add me to the wait list.

GT: Marlowe78

#188 Posted by kimbered_45 (1 posts) -

Gt: sr ii knifeshow

Play quite often, need people to play online with, do free roam challenges, and drift with if anyones decent at it.

#189 Posted by Trace (3581 posts) -

I've made a very bad decision. Giant Bomb now has two car clubs in Forza Horizon.

Those of you who were too late to join the first crew will receive invites to join GB2, or Giant Bomb Team Two. You may also request to join this club in-game, and I'll honor it without the annoying restrictions I placed on the first club. You won't be with many or any of the early birds, but you will hopefully have lots of Giant Bomb users to race against and challenge in Rivals. Plus, I'll be inviting people from Team Two to join the main club once space opens up (if I can determine that).

It's not the best solution, but hopefully it'll be better than leaving 30+ people without a decent club of Giant Bombers for months. First wave of invites go out tonight in just a few minutes.

#190 Posted by GEOFFERS (16 posts) -

If there are still places? Any chance of an invite? Thanks Xbox GT: Geoffers

#191 Posted by j3ffro919 (244 posts) -

Any chance one of you would purchase my design? GT is Starburns Lives. I'd be happy to return the favor.

#192 Posted by AngryForrestt (22 posts) -

I would like to join the Giant Bomb car club. I was a member of the Forza 4 car club and I am much more active in the new forza, I've allready hit lvl 17 and I play almost every night. My gamertag is Gundao2020.

#193 Posted by Optix12 (628 posts) -

Thanks for the 2nd car club, it means i dont have to hold out on other offers in case space opened up on car club 1.

#194 Posted by cannonballBAM (617 posts) -

gamertag: cannonballBAM

I have already applied to the GB2 crew. Just waiting for my approval.

Thanks!

#195 Posted by ttocs (786 posts) -

I'm new to the whole forza scene but would love to learn from you guys. I just signed up fro GB2. Hope to see you guys in game.

#196 Posted by Rave (379 posts) -

Wow it's awesome that group two already has so many member, glad we didn't have to wait for an opening and can atleast play as a collective waiting

#197 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1699 posts) -

@PsEG: Woo, thanks for the GB2 invite! Been enjoying this game a ton since I picked it up earlier this week.

@j3ffro919: I went ahead and bought it, not a problem.

#198 Posted by Bubbameister33 (26 posts) -

Invite: Bubbameister33

#199 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

Gamertag: Rappelsin

I live in EU though, hopely that's not a problem.

#200 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -

I would like an invite to the car club, my GT is: CMoody01

Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.