The Giant Bomb Forza Horizon Car Club

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by MysteriousFawx (383 posts) -

My copy finally turned up today! Been blasting around the streets and just realised there was bound to be a GB Club, sent a request :) GT is the same as my Giantbomb name, MysteriousFawx

#202 Posted by dgtlty (160 posts) -

Started Horizon last weekend and having a great time so far. Joined GB2. Rivals is a nice feature and it's great to have some human competition even in the single player.

#203 Posted by aurahack (2271 posts) -

I'd love to get an invite into the car club if I could. :'D GT: Suplex Pizza

#204 Posted by MysteriousFawx (383 posts) -

@aurahack: That is an awesome GT...randomly picked? Or are you just blessed with an hilarious brain?

#205 Posted by Jay_Ray (1101 posts) -

Requested to join GB2, my GT is Jay Ray2

#206 Posted by aurahack (2271 posts) -
#207 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

Looking to (finally) join up with a Forza car club! Woo hoo! My gamer tag is big bad sleazy.

#208 Posted by toolus (118 posts) -

I'd like to get an invite to the club. GT is Toolus70

#209 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

Really stupid question here, but by "active member," do you mean taking part in the Race Night events? Or just in Forza Horizon in general? There are gonna be many nights when I won't be able to join because of my crappy, wildly varying Internet access.

#210 Posted by ChefBoiiiHardy (1 posts) -

@PsEG: I am willin to have fun and meet new people :D Gamertag is ChefBoiiiHardy (<-There are 3 i's).

#211 Posted by Trace (3556 posts) -

We should be caught up on invites sent out and requests accepted now. Sorry for the delay in that.

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

Really stupid question here, but by "active member," do you mean taking part in the Race Night events? Or just in Forza Horizon in general? There are gonna be many nights when I won't be able to join because of my crappy, wildly varying Internet access.

Don't worry about it for GB2. Nobody's getting kicked from GB2 for inactivity, just the original GB club.

I'm looking into removing a wave of inactive users from the original club next week. Stay tuned for that.

#212 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

@PsEG: Great to know. With the glut of holiday games I'm playing through, being in the secondary group is probably best for me at the moment. I am, however, looking forward to checking out more of the club's designs and such. Speaking of, if anyone wants to pimp out a cool design or needs something purchased from their storefront for the achievo, hit me up. I've got gazillions of credits and would be happy to help.

#213 Posted by MutantOctane (1 posts) -

Very interested in GB or GB2 membership and participation. My GT is MutantOctane. I'm on several times a week, but typically race 'offline' via rivals events. Looking forward to running some laps with your crew

#214 Posted by Discobacon (1 posts) -

Hello, Would love to jojn the club. My gamertag is omanne. See ya

#215 Posted by loafking (12 posts) -

Don't know if this is still going on but my GT is LoafGod. Vroom vroom

#216 Edited by acehardware96 (1 posts) -

I know I'm late to the party, but I want in... Please... GT: dEAD nERVE either club is cool with me

#217 Posted by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -

Hook a brother up Laz...

#218 Posted by Kyelb22 (297 posts) -

Just picked this up on Black Friday looking to join the club. GT is Kyelb22

#219 Posted by megabite10164 (41 posts) -

@PsEG: Boom Boom. Megabite10164 for GB2

#220 Posted by Slayden (1 posts) -

hey i have been playing forza for a while now and i just picked up forza horizon. I am looking to join the club, preferably giant bomb team 1, but if its full team 2 is fine, thanks.

GT: KoD iClutch

#221 Edited by Trace (3556 posts) -

All invites should be sent out. In addition, six inactive members from the main club have been removed (and offered spots in GB2), which means a few of the early GB2 members will be receiving invites to the main club. I'll be firing invites down the list daily until the main club's full, then start the purging cycle again next Sunday (provided we're full by then).

A few quick notes:

1. Assume that you're joining GB2 by posting in here. There are about 65-70 people at this point who want a spot in the main club, so jumping straight from a request to team one simply will not happen. I'll edit the main post to clarify this.
  2. If you receive an invite to the main club and it's full by the time you try to accept, please delete the invite if possible. Otherwise, I won't be able to send another invite when space opens up, and you'll be passed over.
#222 Posted by SuicidalManiac (40 posts) -

Late to the party but sent an invite request. GT: ChilliTris.

#223 Posted by h83r (470 posts) -

Hey guys! Got my hands on Forza Horizon over Black Friday for $15. Felt kinda bad because this game is definitely worth more than that. Anyway, if people still play, I'd love to get in on the club, get some online racing, online achievements done.

GT - Aounslaught

#224 Posted by poperamone (78 posts) -

Hey guys just sent an invite to join team 2 as I finally picked this up Gt-poperamone

#225 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

Remember, folks, if you need someone to purchase your decals or designs for the achievo, I'm always willing to help. Someone had the insane idea of making me co-leader of the secondary group, so I suspect I'll start trying to throw together some invites for random races and what not.

#226 Posted by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: I am on right now and looking for someone to do some multi-player achievements with?

#227 Posted by NicolasVH (56 posts) -

Would love to join GB2! Gamertag is NicolasVH.

#228 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

Could I get an invite into one of the clubs? GT: ColdCyberfuNk

Thanks.

#229 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

My gamertag is MuscleRiderX

#230 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Just got this from the sale, so I'm down. GT is Joshthebear.

#231 Posted by knitlife (45 posts) -

Thank you M$ store sale, this game is goofy! GT knitlife.

#232 Posted by Generiko (445 posts) -

My Gamertag is AdamantErik and I would like to join this gang

#233 Posted by mclakers (125 posts) -

Just picked this game up on Black Friday, really enjoying it so far would like an invite GT: thesearchisover

#234 Edited by h83r (470 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

Remember, folks, if you need someone to purchase your decals or designs for the achievo, I'm always willing to help. Someone had the insane idea of making me co-leader of the secondary group, so I suspect I'll start trying to throw together some invites for random races and what not.

Hey bro! I DO need that achievement! If you could help me and buy the shitty batman logo I made, I would be incredibly grateful. Thank you! Also, I'd be down for race whenever. Class finals are upon me right now so I'm a bit busy, but if I'm on and get an invite, I'd be down.

Gamertag - Aounslaught

#235 Posted by Trace (3556 posts) -

Well, I never thought we'd reach this point, but this little quip in the main post finally came true:

"You may instead send a request to join to GB2. Restrictions will be heavily lowered for that club until it's close to filling up."

GB2 is close to filling up. Since making a third club for the purposes of Horizon is a bit crazy (and also this game is way more popular than I expected, y'all), these two clubs will likely be it for me. Requests to join are now disabled. If you want in, this thread is your only way in. No sneaking in with a request like a lurker anymore.

On the bright side, there are recently opened-up spots in the main club that haven't been claimed yet. I'll be firing off invites for those daily-ish until they're filled, and then start a new cycle of purging inactive members from GB1.

#236 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

@h83r: I will gladly get to that ASAP. @cannonballBAM: I'll get yours soon too - don't think I forgot about that.

#237 Posted by Dethfish (3665 posts) -

I finally got Horizon. Can I get a invite to join your silly little club?

#238 Posted by Quemador (167 posts) -

Hell yeah im interested

GT: Quemador

#239 Posted by Class_A_Ninja (55 posts) -

This games great, I'd like to join. GT: Class A Ninja

#240 Posted by StrainedEyes (1324 posts) -

I just got this. Count me in! GT: StrainedEyes

#241 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Okay, just picked up a 360 due to the Black Friday sales. It's like picking up a PS2, venturing into last gen. Not that the graphics are worse than PS3 which I've been using since 2009, but because day one, I went and picked up all the games I used to play on 360 in 2005-08 like PGR and Gears 1... cause they're all like $2 at GameStop. And holy shit Forza 2 has some dated graphics and menus and techno hippie steam punk dude your getting a dell hacker ass music. Anyways, since I'm returning to Xbox after nearly five years (I see my 'fuck this shit it red ringed again I'm never buying another Xbox' posts from when Giant Bomb was in beta), I haven't been able to figure out what email I used then, which still was a second account for 07-08 after losing my 2005-2006 account over another red ring "oh shit what email/pass did I use" catastrophe. I'm hoping to recover either of them... I even beat Battlefield 2 Modern Combat's stinking impossible 500 completed online matches achievement. Long story short, the account I'm using in the mean time is: RulySandpiper3

That sucker was given to me by default for creating a Windows 8 account. Jerks refuse to give you that free first month of Gold with a console purchase if you create the account on Windows 8. But I may keep it. RulySandpiper3... Who are the other two? Anyways, just digging into Horizon single player, obvs this'll be my first time playing one of these with GB, and hopefully if y'all still run race nights for Forza 3 and 4 ill pick those games up soon. And club or not, if someone wants to add me as friends on XBL just to trade designs (and maybe give me a welcoming boost) I'm around ;-) cheers

#242 Posted by Adam914 (31 posts) -

would like to join Roll Tide94

#243 Posted by darkjester74 (1576 posts) -

Hey guys, not sure if you are still accepting. If you are, please send me an invite: darkjester74

Just picked up Horizon during the Black Friday sales ($15 at Microsoft Store!) and really enjoying myself. Makes me kinda regret getting NFS:MW at full price. :(

#244 Posted by StefanTheMongol (52 posts) -

@PsEG: I would like to join.

GT: StefanTheMongol

#245 Posted by h83r (470 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

@h83r: I will gladly get to that ASAP. @cannonballBAM: I'll get yours soon too - don't think I forgot about that.

Hey! Thank you boss! Got the achievement. Really appreciate it. Hope to see you online!

#246 Edited by Geveeso (26 posts) -

I would love some (more) GBers to play with in Horizon.

GT: Geveeso

EDIT: I should clarify and say I'd like a Car Club invite (but adding me as a friend is OK too.)

#247 Posted by smattered (1 posts) -

id like to join. new to the site but definately not racing games. gt is smattered thanks

#248 Posted by Draginite (1 posts) -

Heya! My GT is Draginite. I'd love to join the car club.

#249 Posted by pweidman (2334 posts) -

Sounds good, add me if ya got any room.

GT=PWEID5

#250 Posted by betterboulder (190 posts) -

I'd love to join the club.

GT: PositiveCalvin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.