Count me as interested. fuzzyjw510
The Giant Bomb Forza Horizon Car Club
This topic is locked from further discussion.
Hi i am wanting to join your car club on horizon? My GamerTag is Boosted Bullets
i have only just started playing this game and am very impressed with it, i drive a toyota supra and i have most of the DLC for the game. i would be greatful if you could let me know if i am able to join?
So here's what's happening with the clubs. You may have noticed absolutely no movement during the last few months. This is accurate, and here's why:
- Other than a shared garage for multiplayer and test driving (which doesn't seem to help with the new 1000 Club challenges), the only other major benefits for the club in Horizon are the club tag and the added leaderboard competition. The benefits are less significant than in Forza 4.
- More importantly, there was no way to easily and efficiently tell who was active. The only reasonable manner involved an annoying and time-consuming process of messaging people who weren't playing multiplayer. It wasn't viable in the long-term.
Those of you who have played Horizon recently know that the 1000 Club adds a bunch of challenges for every car. It also gives me a leaderboard and date you were last active in said challenges. That is helpful for managing a club.
Since six months have passed since Horizon's release and I'm sure a bunch of people in the clubs have moved on (and understandably so), here's what will happen:
- Sometime within the next couple of days, I'll boot everyone out of the club who isn't showing any 1000 Club activity, save for a few long-time Giant Bomb Forza supporters and Ryan.
- After doing that, I'll go through GB2 and invite all of its active users to join the main club.
- A few days later, I'll go through this thread and spam invites in the order of posting.
- People who signed up just to post a request to join will be skipped over for a few more days, since there are a fuckton of you and I don't know whether you're long-time lurkers on the site or just people searching for any club to join. Sorry about that.
- Should the main club fill to capacity, then GB2 will be emptied out of inactives and the process will repeat.
There's the update. Consider yourselves updated.
I put my wheel on eBay. This is probably against the rules.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.