Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 29, 2007

Forza Motorsport 2 brings Microsoft's racing sim series to the Xbox 360 with new tracks, new cars, and an impressive livery editor.

Oops, wrong brake button!

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Nate

I've had this game for about a year now, but just started playing it seriously a little over a week ago. So far I'm really enjoying it. I've probably only put about 6 hours into it, I've got three cars and I've been fine-tuning them . . . BUT ANYWAY I just downloaded the forza 3 demo and was looking at the controls as the game was loading.  "Oh" I thought, "they changed the brake to LT instead of the A button. Ok". I started playing and noticed - wow, this car brakes a lot better than any of my cars in Forza 2. This is way easier!  Then it hit me - I tried the A button (hand brake) and noticed it braked a lot more like my cars in Forza 2 did. Yup, I'm a dumbass! I've been playing with the e-brake only in Forza 2. Now I'm really excited get back to it tomorrow and play with my newly discovered brake button! I think I'll do much better - might even be able to up the difficulty to earn a little more cash in career mode. 
    I don't know what game I've been playing that gave me the impression that the A button is always the brakes. GTA 4 maybe? Anyone else have a similar problem?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

GTA 4 used the Left Trigger as the break too. Pretty much all games do that. I've never heard of a game that has the Right Trigger as accelerate, and the A button as break.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @MattyFTM said:
    " GTA 4 used the Left Trigger as the break too. Pretty much all games do that. I've never heard of a game that has the Right Trigger as accelerate, and the A button as break. "
    me either.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

lol nice going, that must have been hard.  You must be a drift master by now though.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

That is amazing. Well, at least the game will be easier for you now. I have no idea how you managed using the emergency brake all this time.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

I love me some handbrake.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @MattyFTM said:
    " GTA 4 used the Left Trigger as the break too. Pretty much all games do that. I've never heard of a game that has the Right Trigger as accelerate, and the A button as break. "
    I believe Battle Field : Bad Company uses right trigger to go and A button to break. at the very lest its very weird.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @Jeffsekai said:

" @MattyFTM said:

I believe Battle Field : Bad Company uses right trigger to go and A button to break. at the very lest its very weird. "
    Are you sure? I thought BF:BC used A to accelerate & X to break? Like older driving games before they used triggers?

EDIT: Found the instruction manual online here, & apparently you could use the left trigger or A to accelerate, and the left bumper or X to break. Bizarre.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emilio

Welcome to the world of driving games.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Insectecutor

You guys play driving games with a pad?

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Nate
    @Emilio said:

" Welcome to the world of driving games. "

Yeah, this is the first driving game I've really got into since Mario Kart for the SNES. Anyway, I tried it today with my new found brake, and It's pretty nice :) . It's no walk in the park for me, but I think I'm doing a little better.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.