Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 29, 2007

Forza Motorsport 2 brings Microsoft's racing sim series to the Xbox 360 with new tracks, new cars, and an impressive livery editor.

So i just revisited forza 2 - An epic tale of awesomeness.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By crunchUK

my God.

This game

is so

very

intense!

Picture the scene - It's a 5 lap of silverstone grand prix and i am in my F355 challenge:

GO!!

It's been a while. I slam down the accelerator (its mid-rear drive) and the rear wheels squeal and buckle in protest. Panicky, i quickly ease off and give my car a chance to "get a grip", and shifting up to 2nd i soar ahead of the rest thanks to a neat little weight reduction upgrade. But the relief is short lived -  he first bend is coming up. Taking a wild guess i ease off the throttle and power in at 110, Turning the wheel right round and feeling the back wheels struggle to keep a grip. I miss the grass on the outside by a milimetre and heart in mouth i wham down the throttle yet again. 

No Caption Provided

Right after that is my least favourite bend in the whole game- right angled that gets sharper as you go along. I play it safe and watch with dismay as the F40 whizzes past me, laughing at my caution. So i decide to knock it up a notch (BAM!) and at the next turn, i hit the handbrake and skid all along the sweeping hairpin, clinging on to the wheel so hard it hurts and revving with mega caution. By some miracle i don't spin out.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I'm feeling great. So great that i forget completely about braking for the next bend. I push down on the brakes with all my might and, shifting down frantically, come to almost a complete standstill. It's a disaster, however the day is saved and thanks to some miracle AI intervention the F40 is still behind me. Feeling relieved i get it together and power down the straight and completely ace the last 2 hairpins, coming up incredibly fast and braking for dear life to hit the apex and go out again at an amazing speed. I soar onward and complete the first lap.

No Caption Provided

But it's not over yet........

Epic

For the record all this transpired on champion difficulty - Simulation damage, no assists (including teh nubzor ABS), AI on hard, and most galling of all, no racing line. With the force feedback wheel it is one hell of an experience.

In fact i would go so far as to call it the king of all racers

so Get playing this game, all of you!

/blog

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By crunchUK

my God.

This game

is so

very

intense!

Picture the scene - It's a 5 lap of silverstone grand prix and i am in my F355 challenge:

GO!!

It's been a while. I slam down the accelerator (its mid-rear drive) and the rear wheels squeal and buckle in protest. Panicky, i quickly ease off and give my car a chance to "get a grip", and shifting up to 2nd i soar ahead of the rest thanks to a neat little weight reduction upgrade. But the relief is short lived -  he first bend is coming up. Taking a wild guess i ease off the throttle and power in at 110, Turning the wheel right round and feeling the back wheels struggle to keep a grip. I miss the grass on the outside by a milimetre and heart in mouth i wham down the throttle yet again. 

No Caption Provided

Right after that is my least favourite bend in the whole game- right angled that gets sharper as you go along. I play it safe and watch with dismay as the F40 whizzes past me, laughing at my caution. So i decide to knock it up a notch (BAM!) and at the next turn, i hit the handbrake and skid all along the sweeping hairpin, clinging on to the wheel so hard it hurts and revving with mega caution. By some miracle i don't spin out.

I'm feeling great. So great that i forget completely about braking for the next bend. I push down on the brakes with all my might and, shifting down frantically, come to almost a complete standstill. It's a disaster, however the day is saved and thanks to some miracle AI intervention the F40 is still behind me. Feeling relieved i get it together and power down the straight and completely ace the last 2 hairpins, coming up incredibly fast and braking for dear life to hit the apex and go out again at an amazing speed. I soar onward and complete the first lap.

No Caption Provided

But it's not over yet........

Epic

For the record all this transpired on champion difficulty - Simulation damage, no assists (including teh nubzor ABS), AI on hard, and most galling of all, no racing line. With the force feedback wheel it is one hell of an experience.

In fact i would go so far as to call it the king of all racers

so Get playing this game, all of you!

/blog

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By RandomHero666

Nice, driving with ABS off is hard enough, but with no racing line, Traction, stability... and a steering wheel, must have pretty damn intense :P

Hope it was worth it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crunchUK
    RandomHero666 said:
    "Nice, driving with ABS off is hard enough, but with no racing line, Traction, stability... and a steering wheel, must have pretty damn intense :PHope it was worth it."
    dude if you drive with ABS you HAVE NO SOUL. Seriously the cars come to life with no assists on, they get personality. And yep, the wheel is totally worth it, the whole £70.

but seriously though, go to the difficulty menu and set it to champion difficulty... get in a fast car and prepare to shit bricks

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ParrapatehRappa

Forza sux.

Mirite?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK
    ParrapatehRappa said:
    "Forza sux.Mirite?"
    No you're not
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

I hate Forza 2. It came with my 360 and no matter how hard I tried to get into it, I couldn't. I mean, I can't even beat the first friggin race for crying out loud! It's just not my bag of chips.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RandomHero666
    crunchUK said:
    "RandomHero666 said:
    "Nice, driving with ABS off is hard enough, but with no racing line, Traction, stability... and a steering wheel, must have pretty damn intense :PHope it was worth it."
    dude if you drive with ABS you HAVE NO SOUL. Seriously the cars come to life with no assists on, they get personality. And yep, the wheel is totally worth it, the whole £70.

but seriously though, go to the difficulty menu and set it to champion difficulty... get in a fast car and prepare to shit bricks

"
    I usually do it on hard, manual, and stability/traction off, just for the extra cash, then drive a U999 Golf R32 against the nooby AI, so easy, but ill try it your way now maybe. Maybe even get out my wheel, which has a speedometer sticker on it.. at 45mph :/

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK
    RandomHero666 said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "RandomHero666 said:

"
    I usually do it on hard, manual, and stability/traction off, just for the extra cash, then drive a U999 Golf R32 against the nooby AI, so easy, but ill try it your way now maybe. Maybe even get out my wheel, which has a speedometer sticker on it.. at 45mph :/"
    Turn ABS off.

You now have a new game in your hands
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RandomHero666

Thanks for the car crunch, we had fun, and ill take good care of her.

No Caption Provided

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

it says "lol" on it DID U C DAT

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RandomHero666

Indeed i did see it, but what is on the side?
    Its like a no smoking sign but i cant make out whats on it with crappy forza cam

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Diamond

When the game was new I loved buying and selling awesome car liveries.  I actually made a bunch of classic car design remakes and sold tons, then bought lots of awesome car designs.  I enjoyed the gameplay more than a Gran Turismo game.  I think I will be hyped for Forza 3 if they improve the graphics and keep the livery features.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Halo fanboy playing something else besides Halo, good job fanboy!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
    RandomHero666 said:
    "Indeed i did see it, but what is on the side?Its like a no smoking sign but i cant make out whats on it with crappy forza cam"

IT's a petrol can :P

and

Captain_Fookup said:
    "Halo fanboy playing something else besides Halo, good job fanboy!"
    Retarded post from retarded poster is retarded. No surprises there. Go back to yahoo answers troll

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK
    Diamond said:
    "When the game was new I loved buying and selling awesome car liveries.  I actually made a bunch of classic car design remakes and sold tons, then bought lots of awesome car designs.  I enjoyed the gameplay more than a Gran Turismo game.  I think I will be hyped for Forza 3 if they improve the graphics and keep the livery features."
    Oh yes, there are some truly amazing paintjobs over at auction house. And a lot of hentai =/
    Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
    crunchUK said:
    "Diamond said:
    "When the game was new I loved buying and selling awesome car liveries.  I actually made a bunch of classic car design remakes and sold tons, then bought lots of awesome car designs.  I enjoyed the gameplay more than a Gran Turismo game.  I think I will be hyped for Forza 3 if they improve the graphics and keep the livery features."
    Oh yes, there are some truly amazing paintjobs over at auction house. And a lot of hentai =/"
    You looooooooove the hentai I bet. Sick bastard.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By PureRok
    crunchUK said:
    "Diamond said:
    Oh yes, there are some truly amazing paintjobs over at auction house. And a lot of hentai =/"
    /me fires up the auction house to buy some hentai cars.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have never gotten into Forza 2 that much but I got it for free from someone that bought a new 360 so I didn't have much incentive to play it. I should sometime, it looks very interesting. And LOL at the second car there, crunch.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By SpecTackle

Driving sims make me sleepy but I like the customization and shit. I give this blog a B+

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RandomHero666

Some cars are ridiculous looking, i mean that in a good way though, cars with 1000 layers on each side must take one hell of a long time to make.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GalvanizedNails

Forza 2 is the shiz man! i wish i could just get back into it like I used to. I think I've logged around 150 hours on it totally. It consumed my summer vacation last year!

A recreation of a Miata livery me and some buddies made for a Spec Miata tournament
    A recreation of a Miata livery me and some buddies made for a Spec Miata tournament

My amazing LP640
    My amazing LP640

My pimp of a 355 :p
    My pimp of a 355 :p

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK

Wow... how on earth do you get cars to look that good? Somehow mine always end up kind of garbage or simplistic

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.