tschonbeck's Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360) review

Sticky tarmac

To start off let me say that I’m a big fan of the Forza Motorsport franchise. And Forza Motorsport 2 didn’t make me like it less.

Graphics
On the graphic side Forza Motorsport 2 is a beautiful game, bit while looking realistic it also looks a bit cartoony compared to a newer game like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on the PlayStation 3. All in all a very good looking game, that cares for the details of the cars and the surroundings.

Audio
The music soundtrack is not memorable but just okay. The in-game sounds with the engines and shrieks from the tires are spot on and very worthy of a good game.

Gameplay
The game looks and feels like a real car simulator. The control with the Xbox 360 controller is very precise. Unfortunately I haven’t tried it with a steering wheel but I would very much like to try it to see if it makes this game even better.

My only really negative thing I have to say about this game is that it is extremely long. I have played for weeks and I just wanted to finish it but eventually I gave up and went for online play.