Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Buy or wait till 4?

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hwy_61

Was looking at the ultimate edition on Amazon and was wondering if should buy it, or wait till October.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

If there wasn't enough incentive for you to jump in before now, you might as well wait.

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jugnutts

If you have the spare cash one incentive for at least picking up a used copy is you will get rewarded in Forza 4 for some aspects of your progress in Forza 3 like the cars in your garage. I would imagine a used copy is pretty cheap.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By unsolvedparadox

The Ultimate Edition is very affordable, you'll still really enjoy the Forza 3 experience until 4 comes out. I believe the new game loses access to Porsche vehicles too, so you can you get your fix in 3.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By RawknRo11a

plus there is an achievement in Forza 4 for importing your save from 3 (or something to that effect)

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I restarted my FZ3 just to beat it before 4 comes out.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By redbliss

I doubt the game is going to change that much between the two games. You might as well get the Forza 3 ultimate edition. Plus, I think Forza 4 allows you to transfer your garage or something like that from 3. The only thing I dont like about 3 is the difficulty. Not that the game is too hard or too easy, but I feel like there should be a difficulty for the AI between normal and hard (or medium and hard, or whatever the medium difficulty is called).

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By HumanityPlague
    @redbliss: There's a pretty nifty glitch (intentional or not) in Forza 3, where you can completely destroy the AI.   When you have a choice of 3 events, the event on the right is almost always an event type of "any mid-engine car", or "any 4WD car", or something like that, with no other restrictions.  So, you pick it, and get dropped into a race of C, B, or A cars.  Meanwhile you're in an R1 car.  Very fun to blow past them.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Aus_azn

Forget about both. Buy Forza 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I went ahead and purchased the Ultimate Edition of 3. Really enjoying it so far. And the loss of the Porsche license is kind of a big deal to me, so this game rectifies that. 

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By pickassoreborn

Forza 3's great while it lasts, there is one achievement which involves getting top marks on all events; all well and good until you see what an undertaking that is - I've been playing it off and on since its release and I don't even think I'm halfway through those events, eventually there's a lot of track deja vu. The Ultimate Edition should include the fantastic Fujimi Kaido track though, definite favourite of mine. Definitely looking forward to Forza 4, I only hope they've made the career mode a bit less punishing for completists.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By slowbird

@pickassoreborn said:

Forza 3's great while it lasts, there is one achievement which involves getting top marks on all events; all well and good until you see what an undertaking that is - I've been playing it off and on since its release and I don't even think I'm halfway through those events, eventually there's a lot of track deja vu. The Ultimate Edition should include the fantastic Fujimi Kaido track though, definite favourite of mine. Definitely looking forward to Forza 4, I only hope they've made the career mode a bit less punishing for completists.

Based on the achievement list that's been out there, not even close. In fact, it's probably twice as hard now. Not only is the "gold on all events" thing still there, but now they've got a few achievements that will require you to have millions and millions of credits and own lots of very very expensive cars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.