Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Forza 3 S-Rank Update

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Edited By slowbird

It's been ~3 weeks since I got the game and I have 99 events to go, if I counted right.  That means 120 or so done.  I thought I was closer than that, but I know I'm past halfway anyhow.  I gave up on trying to make the races fair and just started using R1 cars in the open events and blasting past the F class crapmobiles to get the races over with.  Also, I hate racing against M. Rossi in the Veyron.  It's so hard to beat him on a fast track, even if he does go off the road a lot.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By slowbird

It's been ~3 weeks since I got the game and I have 99 events to go, if I counted right.  That means 120 or so done.  I thought I was closer than that, but I know I'm past halfway anyhow.  I gave up on trying to make the races fair and just started using R1 cars in the open events and blasting past the F class crapmobiles to get the races over with.  Also, I hate racing against M. Rossi in the Veyron.  It's so hard to beat him on a fast track, even if he does go off the road a lot.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Devil240Z

I did it. I got the S-Rank. Biggest mistake of my life. it took so freaking long. 

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slowbird

yeah, I think today is when I realized I wasn't having fun anymore.  I'll just keep doing it though, like some kind of robot.

TalonLardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TalonLardner
    @slowbird:  Do you have a goal or deadline for S-Ranking it? I find too that taking a break from the game for a week or so, then coming back can help with these sorts of grinds.
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slowbird

Well, I was just trying to get it done as fast as possible.  I got super frustrated during the long-ass boring-ass Yaris Cup and had to entertain myself by building up as big a lead as possible so I could drift the whole final lap and still win.

I take breaks to tune cars and buy storefront paintjobs when I get really bored.

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dunc12

The "hired driver" will almost always win when used, even if it's a stock race. I just set up the computer to start racing and come back when it's done. Kinda lame I know, but it helps with those really boring races.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slowbird
    @dunc12: Thanks, I considered it but wasn't sure if it could hang in a stock class race.  I will probably use it for the Miata races, lol.
    dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dunc12
    @slowbird: It also really helps for getting through the endurance races
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slowbird
    @dunc12:  I usually try to see if I can lap the whole field in those.  That's kinda fun to me, though I don't blame anyone for hiring a driver there.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Devil240Z
    I originally bought the game at launch, Got to around 25% completion, took 6 months off and then got the other 75% after playing for a few hours a day for a few months.  

I was determined to finish the game before GT5 came out. Still waiting for GT5... 
    ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By ReDfr0st

I just popped this all gold ach today after a while of just doing nothing but grinding races. so now i have the s rank. Im really excited , but its wearing off quick. and i only have 6 mil cr for that  
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#12  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I know I'm never going to S-rank the game because of the drift achievement, but I'm definitely gunning for the all gold and a car from every manufacturer achievements.  I only need about another thirty race sets for the former and about 1.5 million credits for the latter.... at least, until more DLC cars become available.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slowbird
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw:
    Hey, the drift achievement is not the same as drift leaderboard scores, meaning you can use the rewind feature and still get the achievement.  Find an AWD vehicle that you can slide around good, or build a powerful FWD vehicle with wide front tires, and go hit Fujimi for a lap or two.  Or look for an S-class drift tune on the storefront if you want to do it with a RWD car.  That's how I got it.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By trace

As crazy as it might sound, for the drift achievement using rewind on Fujimi Kaido and either the Ford Focus or SEAT Leon Supercup you get as driver level rewards should suffice. Either car can work just fine stock, I think, as long as you practice using the handbrake to break the car loose. The uphill will be a little bit painful and require a bit of throwing the car around, but on the downhill just use the handbrake instead of the brake for every turn (and keep it in 2nd or 3rd gear for the SEAT). A little practice and you should be fine.

ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReDfr0st
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw: dont download any dlc until after you get the achievement for a car from every manufactuer 
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#16  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    @ReDfr0st:
    Oh, it's way too late for that.  I've picked up all the car packs at some point or another.  I play the Forza games for the cars, primarily.  Honestly, I really don't care much about the achievements.  They're just sort of a way to focus my Forza gaming sessions.  If I don't S-rank it, it's no sweat off my back.
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slowbird
    @ReDfr0st said:
    " @Sparky_Buzzsaw: dont download any dlc until after you get the achievement for a car from every manufactuer  "
    oh yeah, I had to buy a million dollar car to get it. wtf lol.
    ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReDfr0st

By the time you finish the all gold deal youll have enough money to buy every car in the game not just one from every manufacturer. 
    and you will be at level 50 no problem. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.