New Giant Bombcast Vinyl group

#1 Posted by Renahzor (991 posts) -

Im working a bit on some new vinyls, the first is done and ready for DL and use in your favorite design:

The colors are more correct in game, I still cant figure out how to take good pics of my vinyls since I don't do many car designs.     Search in vinyls for GBDC as always or find my store under gamertag: Chocula89

Im hoping to do a few more of the crew over the next couple weeks, Enjoy!
#2 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

that looks spot on, nice job!

#3 Edited by Bamsen (336 posts) -

good job sir because that is awesome

#4 Edited by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Downloading now!  :D 

(You should have charged something for it. It's really good.)

#5 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Damn dude, that's some kickass layering you got going on there.

Whenever I try to make something, I just end up with a bunch of circles and triangles and shit.

#6 Edited by ProfessorEss (7278 posts) -

That's awesome man. The best part is that you don't even have to know of GiantBomb and/or the Bombcast for that to be a sweetass cartoon cop graphic.

#7 Posted by Sin4profit (2905 posts) -

Good work there. 
man, i wish making vinyls in Forza 3 wasn't so cumbersome. more power to ya.

#8 Posted by Renahzor (991 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  

I've made quite a bit on my other vinyls, and my Chie car design in particular.  Im sitting on a modest pile of credits and I dont normally spend them quickly, I could maybe make a couple hundred thousand best case, or I can give it away and more people will download it!  At this point in forza I just really enjoy making stuff, at most id put it up for 1k-3k and make a slow stream of money but its really not what motivates me to make these!  I like being top 1%(#460ish of 110k) of graphic designers on the leaderboards, and having a vinyl up that has 500+ downloads is really fun for me, so Im trying the route of free = more popular this time around, since it worked last time, LOL! 

@Sin4profit:  
@wolf_blitzer85:  

I actually get on a pretty good roll when im making a semi complex vinyl.  This took about 4-5 hours total working time, and Im getting faster with each one.  I kinda like that its a bit complex and difficult because when you make something that looks decent you feel good about it!  I do wish they had transparent masking and such for some designs but thats just what we have to work with(this would be reeeealy helpful on shading), but after a while you develop a feel for the interface and for which shapes manipulate to look like what you need. :D The hardest part for me actually is layer ordering to get everything correct, this one took some trial and error on that front, a bit rusty after about a year of inactivity!

This weekend im going to put in some time on the next one, either vinny or brad, not sure which yet, since brad kinda has to be done with drew.  lol!

#9 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -
@Renahzor: Nice work! I was just about to do one of the crew myself. The more the merrier I guess :p 

@Renahzor said:
" @JJWeatherman:  

I've made quite a bit on my other vinyls, and my Chie car design in particular.  Im sitting on a modest pile of credits and I dont normally spend them quickly, I could maybe make a couple hundred thousand best case, or I can give it away and more people will download it!  At this point in forza I just really enjoy making stuff, at most id put it up for 1k-3k and make a slow stream of money but its really not what motivates me to make these!  I like being top 1%(#460ish of 110k) of graphic designers on the leaderboards, and having a vinyl up that has 500+ downloads is really fun for me, so Im trying the route of free = more popular this time around, since it worked last time, LOL! 

@Sin4profit:  
@wolf_blitzer85:  

I actually get on a pretty good roll when im making a semi complex vinyl.  This took about 4-5 hours total working time, and Im getting faster with each one.  I kinda like that its a bit complex and difficult because when you make something that looks decent you feel good about it!  I do wish they had transparent masking and such for some designs but thats just what we have to work with(this would be reeeealy helpful on shading), but after a while you develop a feel for the interface and for which shapes manipulate to look like what you need. :D The hardest part for me actually is layer ordering to get everything correct, this one took some trial and error on that front, a bit rusty after about a year of inactivity! This weekend im going to put in some time on the next one, either vinny or brad, not sure which yet, since brad kinda has to be done with drew.  lol!    "
I agree with you on the money part. I'd rather just create, now. Most of my credits came from a couple of vinyl requests I took on the FM forums, and they each paid a couple mil each, so I'm not really interested in making any money. I'm in the top 2% btw, but I've only made a handful of designs. 
#10 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -
@Renahzor: Thoroughly awesome. Never got into Forza but love seeing the crazy stuff the community keeps putting out. 
#11 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

Looks amazing!  Brilliant stuff. I just can't wrap my head doing anything more than really simple designs.

Who's next? ;-)

#12 Posted by ch3burashka (5004 posts) -

Random question: does GT5 have any kind of comparable feature for decorating/coloring cars?

#13 Edited by Renahzor (991 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:

" Random question: does GT5 have any kind of comparable feature for decorating/coloring cars? "

Not to this extent as far as I know.  If I've been informed correctly, each car in GT5 can only be painted with a color chip you acquire from another car in your inventory(limiting your color options) and each chip is one time use, and some cars have a "Race Modification" which adds a race livery to the car among other things, but nothing custom.

@Jambones:
Vinny will likely be next, He'll lake less time to complete than the others.  I was debating a car design when Im done with the crew but these are taking more layers than I anticipated, may need to get creative if I still go that route.  lol!
#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Renahzor said:
" @JJWeatherman:  

I've made quite a bit on my other vinyls, and my Chie car design in particular.  Im sitting on a modest pile of credits and I dont normally spend them quickly, I could maybe make a couple hundred thousand best case, or I can give it away and more people will download it!  At this point in forza I just really enjoy making stuff, at most id put it up for 1k-3k and make a slow stream of money but its really not what motivates me to make these!  I like being top 1%(#460ish of 110k) of graphic designers on the leaderboards, and having a vinyl up that has 500+ downloads is really fun for me, so Im trying the route of free = more popular this time around, since it worked last time, LOL!  "
As far as I'm concerned, anything below 5,000 is basically free and I'll DL it if I like it. I guess I assumed most people did the same, but maybe not. I'll gift you a car for this since it was free. :P 

(I'm not even sure if you can gift to random people...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.