Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

The American Heritage Event: Friday, July 2nd, 8 PM EDT

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trace

Original event concept developed by pakx and Br0nZ3. Mainly pakx. Thanks, pakx! You rule!
    Original event concept developed by pakx and Br0nZ3. Mainly pakx. Thanks, pakx! You rule!

The American Heritage Event

July 4th. America's Independence Day. That's right, America. Canada and Mexico can stifle their "we're part of America, too" whining for a few days, and South America can just shut it. Not that it matters, because America's going to be shooting off lots of loud fireworks. We won't be able to hear you.

Which is why this event's taking place two days earlier, on July 2nd. It's an event so patriotic, it was envisioned by a Canadian. It's the American Heritage Event!

What is the American Heritage Event?

You know all those muscle cars and hot rods that are in Forza Motorsport 3, but no one typically uses on most tracks because they don't drive as well as modern cars? It's time to even the playing field.

During the American Heritage Event, only classic American cars will be allowed, and we will only race on tracks based in America. Those who perform the best in races and have paintjobs patriotic enough to make a bald eagle cry for reals will win prizes and have a nation's gratitude for one spectacular night.

Like the nation born out of fireworks, bald eagles, and an unlimited supply of durgers, we reserve the right -- nay, the FREEDOM -- to change or refine these rules at any time.

How do I sign up?

Quite simple!
    1. Get some American cars. Basically, aim for anything American before 1980 that isn't too heavily influenced by Europeans (so avoid the GT40s and Cobras). A list of approved cars is below. Oh, and spare me the arguments on whether a car's influenced by Europe or not: I won't have it, and neither will the fire-breathing bald eagles. They just HATE semantics or well thought-out arguments against car lists.
    2. Make sure you have setups for each of those cars. We're racing classes D through A in the American Heritage Event, so have a setup for D, C, B, and A. If that means multiple setups for one car, or four (or more) cars...well, I leave the FREEDOM to you!
    3. Paint those cars up for America! Paint your cars to show off your love for the USA. Don't love the USA? Pretend really hard. Since I won't be keeping a close eye on the exact amount of wins or finishing order of each player, the key to winning this event's going to be who has a paintjob as patriotic and memorable as their driving. Bonus points for depictions of classic presidents! Negative points for confederate flags, or trying to be witty by showing up with another country's flags. We've seen that joke before, pally. Just be patriotic to the US for a night!
    4. Be ready to race on July 2nd. Oh, and feel free to announce your intent to participate in this thread and show off any super-patriotic paintjobs to make your opponents sweat. Sign-ups aren't necessary, but a love for America is!

Prizes

Prizes will be finalized closer to the event. So far, Br0nZ3 and Pax have offered A-Class and B-Class 1969 Dodge Charger R/Ts with their custom tunes to those who finish in the top three (and perhaps we'll have a stock car, too!). These are extremely well-tuned Chargers, and would fit well in anyone's garage.

Donations or pledges for prizes are also welcome, and I might have some questionable consolation prizes for people who show up.

Allowed Cars

The list may change if new cars come out between June 2nd and July 2nd.

Chevrolet
    1979 Camaro Z28
    1960 Chevrolet Corvette
    1969 Camaro Z28
    1970 Chevelle SS-454
    1970 Corvette ZR-1
    1967 Corvette Stingray 427

Chrysler
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S

Dodge
    1969 Charger R/T
    1969 Charger Daytona Hemi
    1970 Challenger R/T Hemi

Ford
    1970 Mustang Boss 429

Pontiac
    1968 GTO Hardtop
    1973 Firebird Trans Am SD-455

Shelby
    1968 GT-500KR

Cars You Can Use, But I'd Prefer You Didn't

(I personally think these cars could dominate races by being too new. If you disagree, feel free to use them. If I'm right, though, it'll count against you!)

Buick
    1987 Regal GNX

Chevrolet
    1990 Camaro IROC-Z

Pontiac
    1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA

Don't Use These Cars

(They may fall under our "old American car" criteria, but we won't accept the use of these.)

Ford
    1966 GT40 MkII (TOO EUROPEAN)
    1985 RS200 Evolution (Rally? WAY TOO EUROPEAN)

Shelby
    Cobra Daytona Coupe (TOO EUROPEAN)
    Cobra 427 S/C (CAN'T TRUST IT, IT LOOKS TOO EUROPEAN)

Track List

Any of these tracks in any configuration could be used during the American Heritage Event.

• Maple Valley
    • Mazda Laguna Seca
    • New York Circuit
    • Road America
    • Road Atlanta
    • Sebring
    • Sedona Raceway
    • Sunset Peninsula 
    pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By pakx

No Caption Provided

beef_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By beef_daddy

Count me in

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jugnutts
    God Bless America!

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pakx
    @Jugnutts: mine has a gun and a GTO Hard Top in the background, i win!

here are a few examples of what we're looking for paint-job wise for this event:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jugnutts
    @pakx: Dude, mine has boobs! Clearly that means I win.
    Wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wickstrom

Count me in!

Keval_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Keval_N

Hmm, not sure if I'm going to be able to make it for this.  I might be going to Chicago from July 1 - 6.  

Too bad, I've already bought cars and made paint jobs:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jugnutts
    @Keval_N:  You should totally gift me your cars then.
    Keval_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Keval_N
    @Jugnutts: I was actually considering gifting the cars to someone, but I've actually grown to really like them.  Especially the Daytona, it's worth the ~400,00 credits (i think it cost somewhere around there?).
    pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pakx
    @Keval_N:  atleast gift the tune setups and paint jobs so your cars can rep.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By trace

Today's the day! That's right, TODAY! I hope everybody's got their cars ready for some classic American racing. If not, I have a few suggestions!

There's a lot of expensive old cars to choose from, believe you me, and they can really put some damage on your bank in Forza. However, a few of the acceptable cars are relatively cheap, and will probably remain cheaper overall after upgrades! Here's my suggestions:

Car Name
    Starting Class/PI
    Cost
    1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 F159$14,000
    1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA F194$6,000
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S E206
    $38,000
    1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z E219$6,000
    1968 Pontiac GTO Hardtop E222
    $39,000
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 E230$31,000
    1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 E236
    $25,000

Also remember that you only need a single car to cover the A through D classes, if you so wish. Bring one eligible car or fourteen, if you so choose! Just make sure you save your setups for each class if you use one car for multiple classes. That way, you can change your tuning setup in the multiplayer lobby easily.

Finally, one final note: While we'll be doing a lot of 'MERICAN racing tonight, per the suggestion of others, I will also be adding the possibility of drag racing and/or demolition derbies to our options tonight. You've been warned! I also hope to see a lot of you there.
    jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jugnutts

Wait a tick, I thought you didn't want us to run some of the cars you just suggested??

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trace
    @Jugnutts said:

" Wait a tick, I thought you didn't want us to run some of the cars you just suggested?? "

Indeed, I'd prefer you avoid the Trans Am GTA and IROC-Z, since they're pretty new by comparison. If money is an issue, though, those cars are certainly an option, and they're relatively cheap. The only drawback is if they cause their player to absolutely dominate a race...well, we'll look down upon that. Glaringly.

I do have an IROC-Z in my collection for tonight for D class races. I am just as vulnerable to this "don't dominate with a newer car on AMERICA'S day, asshole" rule as anyone else, and I'll have a spare car ready to swap to if I begin to cause problems. Hypocritical? Maybe slightly. This might change before starting time tonight.
    jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jugnutts
    @PsEG:   Fair enough.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trace

And like that, our racing is over. My thanks to Jugnutts and Pax for making it out -- they're both winners in my book. The American Heritage Event didn't have very good attendance today, and because of that, most future special events will either take place during the Thursday Race Nights or consist of special time trial challenges that don't require attendance.

Know that the threat of rampant Americanism and patriotism in your Giant Bomb community Forza racing is still very real, and if you didn't pick up any cars for this event, you should still consider buying an old American car. Trust me.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Wicked poster, wish I could have made it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.