Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

This game just isn't doing anything for me.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

Now while I will gladly admit that Forza Motorsport 3 will probably be a much better game then Gran Turismo 5 hitting stores (we think) in 2010, the game itself isn't winning me over. Don't get me wrong, I understand the passion and love for the game and I think the storefront content is simply stunning, there are many talented painters out there who understand and know how to use Forza's decal system a lot better then I. But when I play a racing game I want the racing to be fun and I'm finding Forza 3's racing to be a total borefest. Now I'm not making final judgement on the game at all and intend to play it further, plus I've been told that it's in multiplayer where the fun is to be had. Eventually I will check out some multiplayer but right now I don't really have a car worthy of being that much fun to race online against others.   

But it is affecting my desire to race further, the cars handling feels great. But when you have a quick go in one of your all time favourite cars (the Ferrari F40) and find it all rather dull, then questions have to be asked. Maybe Race Driver: GRID as spoilt me slightly, but I don't see why Turn 10 or Polyphony Digital can't make there racing more fun with some random actions. Maybe it as more to do with the type of racing fan I am rather then the actual game, after all folks love these games and they have every reason to do so. But it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, I understand the passion for tuning and painting the cars but for the actual racing, maybe it's online where the fun is being had.  

Maybe I'll come around to it soon enough and suddenly get as addicted as some folks do, Turn 10 have done a stunning job with the tuning set-ups and decal painting system but they could do with more time on the actual racing, the actual spine of this game unless I'm missing the point. Right now I'm tempted to exchange it for something a little more exciting like say Need For Speed: Shift (despite my hatred for the NFS franchise) but I shall give it time, after all I love simulations on PC so maybe I just haven't had that true racing moment with it yet. 

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Seedofpower

Ok, you do that. I be over here trying to understand why you didn't just write this as a blog and not linked it to the forums.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    @TrueEnglishGent said:
    " Now while I will gladly admit that Forza Motorsport 3 will probably be a much better game then Gran Turismo 5 "
    I like how you start off with fanboyism right away. You lost all credibility right then.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's the nature of sim racing... 

Unless you like going around a track hundreds of times and tuning your setup to take those tenths/hundredths off your times, you're probably not going to like the single player much. I love it.

The online is definitely one of the most exciting parts of it. Racing in a full grid of human opponents is so much fun. Leading an entire race only to outbrake yourself on the last lap, losing 2-3 positions can be maddening but also extremely rewarding.. knowing it's entirely your fault you didn't win the race. 

It's not the simmiest game I play (I play Live for Speed on the PC), but the physics are realistic enough to be a hell of a lot of fun.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Matfei90

I came from GRID to Forza. The latter is just as thrilling for me.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond
    @TrueEnglishGent: Maybe it isn't for you, but when I play stuff like the NFS Shift demo or GRID or DIRT the complete lack of accuracy in the driving model (it's a complete travesty in both games) turns me off.  If you're going to have real cars, at least try to have realistic handling.  Ridge Racer and the sort are fine, they don't feign realism, in fact I'd probably play more games like that if more good ones existed.  I just can't stand the messed up racing of some series...
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7  Edited By Sin4profit

It's a Sim thang...like people who play flight sims doin a mission that lasts 10 minutes with only 2 minutes of actual action. 

I've raced around a benchmark track for long amounts of time just trying to learn to control my heavy-ass '69 Charger, Spent too many hours tryin to make decent decals, spent an embaressing amount of time trying to do a burnout just to see if my tires would blow out if i got the wear up to 100% ...they didn't, by the way, much to my disappointment, and now i'm thinkin of buyin one of those $350 fanatec steering wheels...

...so the game's for those types of people......and we don't speak of those types round'eer.

MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MonkeyPulp
    @TrueEnglishGent: 
    I'm on the same boat. I have been spoiled by Burnout Paradise, :P.  The crazy races in that have made Forza races go by so damn slow.
    Something tells me that if I had a 500$ racing wheel and peddles, this game would blow my mind. I'm just not willing to dig my pockets that deep.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

This game is overrated...

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

Turn all the assists off, and hop into a LMP. I assure you, the last word in your head will be "borefest". Especially in multiplayer. Me, i simply can't stop playing, i usually head off to A-class circuit lobbies, so as a result i spend a lot of time tuning cars to A class (because it has the best variety of cars), testing them, tweaking them and pwning R8 nubs online. I then mix it up with some slow F and E class single player events, which i find are very fun to drive as there is more to them than downforce and massive power.  

And then i hop into R1

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By trophyhunter

well in my option no racing can ever beat burnout paradise except the next burnout

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " This game is overrated... "
    LOL just realized, you bumped this thread just to say that? lmao fanboys
    Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Reuben

I used to find Forza a bit boring but really just turn up the difficulty.  If you are on the easier difficulty setting and you get to 1st place right away then I can see why it's boring since you just stay in 1st the whole race. 
    I'm not saying that's what you're doing but many people tend to do that.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond
    @Reuben said:
    I used to find Forza a bit boring but really just turn up the difficulty.  If you are on the easier difficulty setting and you get to 1st place right away then I can see why it's boring since you just stay in 1st the whole race.  I'm not saying that's what you're doing but many people tend to do that.
    That's a very good point actually.  There is something of a flaw in Forza 2&3 (never played 1), where many events allow you to enter a car significantly better than the competition, and even on hard AI you'll spend most of your time in 1st.  The game should scale the AI cars and give you more credits and XP, similar to how Quick Race works.
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @Diamond said:
    " @Reuben said:
    I used to find Forza a bit boring but really just turn up the difficulty.  If you are on the easier difficulty setting and you get to 1st place right away then I can see why it's boring since you just stay in 1st the whole race.  I'm not saying that's what you're doing but many people tend to do that.
    That's a very good point actually.  There is something of a flaw in Forza 2&3 (never played 1), where many events allow you to enter a car significantly better than the competition, and even on hard AI you'll spend most of your time in 1st.  The game should scale the AI cars and give you more credits and XP, similar to how Quick Race works. "
    Remember the adaptive difficulty in Max Payne? That would actually be pretty cool in a racing game if you drove against harder AI drivers and got more XP out of it, and if you couldn't beat the AI then maybe tune them down a little and level at a slower pace.

And OP, if the core gameplay is boring you, why not just fuck around online with some XBL friends? The best part about a private game is you can get away with not playing the game correctly and have a hell of a time doing it, case in point.
    walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By walreese55

I agree with OP. I pre-ordered Forza 3 and I haven't touched it since Gay Tony came out, two days later. Maybe I should put the difficulty up, but it's not doing it for me. And with MW2 coming next week (WOOT), I don't see myself playing forza that much.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @crunchUK said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    LOL just realized, you bumped this thread just to say that? lmao fanboys "
    I play forza ALOT! I love car sims! but F3(2.4 really) isn't much of an upgrade from FM2. If people are really happy with getting ripped off like this, I feel bad for the future of gaming. All they added was storefront... new useless drag tracks that serve no purpose without the real drag physics...

Cars still look like there floating on the track. multiplayer graphics are a joke! and better in FM2. FM3 is FM2 with flashy graphics.  To me this game is only good to drift and thats about it.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Milkman

Okay, so can I have your copy then?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    I play forza ALOT! I love car sims! but F3(2.4 really) isn't much of an upgrade from FM2. If people are really happy with getting ripped off like this, I feel bad for the future of gaming. All they added was storefront... new useless drag tracks that serve no purpose without the real drag physics...  Cars still look like there floating on the track. multiplayer graphics are a joke! and better in FM2. FM3 is FM2 with flashy graphics.  To me this game is only good to drift and thats about it. "
    That is wrong on so many levels... 
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Bouke
    @DuhQbnSiLo:
    Its funny how you said that Forza 3 isn't much of an upgrade from Forza 2!  Funny and WRONG!
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @crunchUK said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    I play forza ALOT! I love car sims! but F3(2.4 really) isn't much of an upgrade from FM2. If people are really happy with getting ripped off like this, I feel bad for the future of gaming. All they added was storefront... new useless drag tracks that serve no purpose without the real drag physics...  Cars still look like there floating on the track. multiplayer graphics are a joke! and better in FM2. FM3 is FM2 with flashy graphics.  To me this game is only good to drift and thats about it. "
    That is wrong on so many levels...  "
    @Bouke said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo: Its funny how you said that Forza 3 isn't much of an upgrade from Forza 2!  Funny and WRONG! "
    Please show me where you see improve me other than graphics and storefront? 

Less painting  options (cant paint calipers, less body kits, some rims are missing)

Last time i check sequels are suppose to add not remove. 

This game is boring, its like playing FZ2  all over again. Less imports (they are most likely planning on charging us more for crap that should have been in the game from day one. How do you not have the GT-R?? Civic Sedan Type-R? one 370Z... 

are you people that blind?
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By PureRok
    @DuhQbnSiLo: What? They don't have a GT-R!? That's bullshit.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

maybe u should get a new game instead of playing forza 3.  forza 3 is a great game.

need for speed: shift is a more glitchier game. the corvettes don't drive in the game. it's pretty much forza.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    That is wrong on so many levels...  "
    @Bouke said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo: Its funny how you said that Forza 3 isn't much of an upgrade from Forza 2!  Funny and WRONG! "
    Please show me where you see improve me other than graphics and storefront?   Less painting  options (cant paint calipers, less body kits, some rims are missing)  Last time i check sequels are suppose to add not remove.   This game is boring, its like playing FZ2  all over again. Less imports (they are most likely planning on charging us more for crap that should have been in the game from day one. How do you not have the GT-R?? Civic Sedan Type-R? one 370Z...   are you people that blind? "
    While I agree that the GT-R should have totally been in the game, they've improved in ways that make the game more approachable to people who don't want to go through an endurance race multiple times because they fucked-up 50 minutes into their previous attempt or find racing sims hard to approach. It's a stagnant genre, and I appreciate the efforts to get more people into it and more online features. Hell, if my dumbass brother can enjoy this game anyone can.

And no, I'm not blind, I just didn't own Forza 2 and wanted a good car game with longevity.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Bouke
    @DuhQbnSiLo:
    I've played the hell out of Forza 1 & Forza 2 (and planning to do the same thing with Forza 3) and every installment has a lot of improvements over the previous. Like you said there are things that could have been added to make it even better. I was suprised with the GT-R missing aswell, but the game has over 400 cars and there is plenty of variation. I'm just happy they didn't make 20+ skylines and stuff like that, because with the upgrade system and the livery editor the options are endless. I really think that cars like the GT-R , Civic Sedan Type-R maybe 200SX / 240SX, will be made available via downloadable carpacks.     
    Off-/ and online graphics are an significant improvement over Forza 2. But other then the obvious point, Forza 3 controls better, with improved physics the difference between cars is even more noticeable. Not sure why they took a bunch of rims out, but with the drag- and chroom rims (which i never use) they added, overall there is more to choose from. There are more parts you can upgrade.  
    You dismiss the storefront like it's no big deal, when it is great to share anything you've put effort into, like a design or tuning set up or a movie you've made.  
     Saying Forza 3 is bad for the future of gaming just sounds really dumb. It is a great game, with things that could have been even better, but guess what!? If it had nothing to improve upon, we would all just buy Forza 3 and be happy forever! And if you feel ripped off; return the game, get your money back! Go back to playing Forza 2...
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @TrueEnglishGent: Give Dirt 2 a try, man. It's very fun and a really good game. Probably more up your alley than Forza 3.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crunchUK
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " @TrueEnglishGent: Give Dirt 2 a try, man. It's very fun and a really good game. Probably more up your alley than Forza 3. "
    I enjoyed dirt 1 a lot but dirt 2 always feels a bit.... ridiculous whenever i try and play it
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Suicidal_SNiper said:
    " @TrueEnglishGent said:
    " Now while I will gladly admit that Forza Motorsport 3 will probably be a much better game then Gran Turismo 5 "
    I like how you start off with fanboyism right away. You lost all credibility right then. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.