Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Will there be a Forza 4 or is this enough to last for 5 years?

ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ReDfr0st

There are so many cars now with the latest dlc, will there be a need or demand for forza 4? Each dlc is 400 msp, and i tell you right now if they release fm4 at E3 I will be pissed. There will not be enough improvement to make it worthwile, I dont think. What technology could majke it better. Natal? maybe in five years to have that immersive driving exprience, but i dont want that yet! I like fm3 how it is for now. 

willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By willylo

I don't think we'll see a new Forza for a little bit at least. I'd assume they'll keep with the DLC until GT5 comes out, mainly to see where it gauges and if it does better or worse. That's it's only real racing sim competition anymore, so we've still got a long time with Forza 3, GT5 is probably a while off.

I don't think Natal will add much to that, if they were to bring support, the 360 steering wheel does everything you need already. AND, it'll be 50 bucks cheaper than the Natal, if the 150 is the right price. :P.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By pakx

the rumor is that Turn 10 is actually going to be producing the next Project Gotham Racing game.

to be honest i couldn't complain if a new Forza was announced for 2011 as long as it had the things fans have been asking for like environmental effects and more online slots, ive clocked in more than 300 hours since the game came out last october, and that's more than i can say for... well ANY game i own or ever have owned.

even if it is announced at E3, it's not likely to com out in 2010, Turn 10 is a small dev team and they've been hard at work chugging out a new car pack every month, so it's not likely we'll see Forza 4 any time soon.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By meteora

Nah, Forza 3 is a excellent game. Wait until GT5 comes out and see what they can take from them that's good, and bring it to Forza 4.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

I doubt we'll see a new forza game for a while, this one isn't even a year old!

ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReDfr0st

i never played fm1 or fm2 so i dont know the release gap between them. is it 2 yrs?

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
    deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I want a Forza 4 sooner than later and preferably made by non retards (Turn 10 are fucking useless)

Forza 3 

*Worst sound of any racing game

*Worst controls of any racing game (the steering assist is retarded)

*Worst tracks of any racing game!

*Worst art style

*Worst sense of speed ( I am using bumper view and even the donkey in RDR feels faster than anything in fm3)

And etc.

Only good thing about FM3 is the paint editor :(

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#8  Edited By TobyD81
    @ReDfr0st:  FM2 was released May 2007, and FM 3 came out October 2009, so there's about two years. I say keep on enjoying FM3. If you're worried about spending too much on car packs, don't buy 'em! I've skipped a few myself, and I haven't bought any of the track packs. I'll only buy a car pack if it has a car I really want to drive.
    ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReDfr0st
    @TobyD81: ty i skipped a few and I bought the R & T because the e63 is the drift beast 
    MRMONKEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MRMONKEY

Hey all just looking for a really good car designer, if any 1 is and can prove it hit me up on my tag : MR YAFOKN MUNKY

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By metal_mills
    @BergDK said:
    "

I want a Forza 4 sooner than later and preferably made by non retards (Turn 10 are fucking useless)

Forza 3 

*Worst art style

*Worst sense of speed ( I am using bumper view and even the donkey in RDR feels faster than anything in fm3)

And etc.

"
    You are wrong.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @BergDK said:
    "

Forza 3 

*Worst art style

And etc.

"
    You are wrong. "
    Understatement of the century.
    ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By ferrarimanf355

If there is a Forza 4- and the E3 Kinect demo makes it likely- I just hope all the DLC and my game save for Forza 3 is forwards compatible. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK

I figured i'd bump this instead of make a new thread... 

There certainly will be a forza 4. Expect late 2011/early 2012. To be honest though, I don't think there needs to be - Forza 3 could last 5 years simply on fully experiencing and racing all the cars alone. Trouble is, you can't really do that. Racing against AI gets very old, and because of turn10s neglect of the online multiplayer system, there are a mere handful of cars that dominate each class. Which means you either spend ages looking in frustration for alternatives to experience whilst still being a race competitior (Like the Mclaren F1 in S-class, Rossion Q1 in A...), or you're simply a mindless sheep who won't get bored racing the same old AWD shitbox. 

Anyway... It all looked very promising when they added the RWD lobbies... there was a huge new set of cars you could experience in a race environment. Until the RWD hoppers got removed that is. And don't get me wrong, there are some awesome intense racing situations in multi-class, as well as an accidental yet incredibly neat glitch where your rank always goes down even if you won your class; it filters out all the rank-obsessed idiots with awesome effects - Leaving a remainder of excellent racers who aren't afraid to try out wacky oddball cars for the hell of it. 

But since, there hasn't been a single change or addition to the MM pile - Sure, there are lots of playground gametypes, but they're more of a joke for when you're too drunk to play properly - There's no depth or real excitement in them. I would honestly pay THOUSANDS of MS points for them just to put in a few hoppers where you can experience different things. Why can't we have a V8 supercars hopper? Or a GT2 hopper? Why can't turn10 provide these sort of things which they said they would be alternating weekly prior to release? They said adding a hopper was effectively a mere button press... don't you think it's about time somebody did that in their coffee break or something?

ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReDfr0st

I feel what your saying, And all you need to do is get a group of guys out of the public hoppers by creating a private lobby and then inviting all of you recently played people. just hit your xbox button go to friends then go over to far right.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Bouke

If turn10 is smart they re-release Forza 3 with all the extra DLC arround the time GT5 launches, for less moneyz. But i wouldn't want another Forza this soon after the third game. I love Forza but i wouldn't mind waiting for the next xbox, to see a new Forza. Also the Kinect support seemed ok, but it doesn't look like it could push a new release on its own.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pweidman

Forza 4 should come in 2012, following the 3 year cycle they've established for the first 3 games.  Day/night, and weather cycle's up next, and T10 please include more real world race tracks versus the new fantasy tracks they made for Forza 3.  And a new F1 class?  Timed season races that coincide w/the real events(Rolex series for example), ala TW golf?
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By rjaylee
    @pweidman:
    It doesn't even need to be an F1 specific class. At the very base, they need to just bring open-wheel racing to the series. F1 cars is simply a segment of such. The biggest problem is that F1 probably is contractually bound to Codemasters now with their upcoming release of F1 2010. Maybe they would still split the license though.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pweidman
    @heatDrive88 said:
    "@pweidman:
    It doesn't even need to be an F1 specific class. At the very base, they need to just bring open-wheel racing to the series. F1 cars is simply a segment of such. The biggest problem is that F1 probably is contractually bound to Codemasters now with their upcoming release of F1 2010. Maybe they would still split the license though. "

Yeah i know Codies has that game coming(looks good too), and yeah there are license issues galore I bet.  How 'bout an OW class, just open wheel cars, from Mazda Series rides to Indy, to F1's junior series cars, forget the name, etc.?  Old Formula Ford races?  Could be awesome. Dunno, but they gotta expand the offerings somehow.
    ReDfr0st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ReDfr0st

You know what would be cool? dirt racing. No not dirt2  i mean real dirt racing like rally, late model american dirt ovals. stuff like that, maybe those cars that slide around the track too

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By pakx
    @ReDfr0st said:
    " No not dirt2  i mean real dirt racing like rally "
    uhh what?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

forza kinect will come out, then they should work on Froza 4 for the next console and make it a release title.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Sander

~Bump~  
    Do we have to wait for Forza4 to have the option to map our own buttons? Having to chose from terrible presets is the single reason that kept me from buying this game. If Forza3 got that patched, I may be down(though with f12010 and GT5 close, it may be too late).
    ScottishGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ScottishGamer
    @BergDK said:
    "

Forza 3 

"

Have you played Gran Turismo 4? Or Gran Turismo 5 for that matter. Can anyone explain why GT 5 uses the same sound for the tire squea as GT 4l!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.