3rd Annual GB100 GP Endurance Race - Jan. 1, 2012 8:00 PM EST

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by beef_daddy (97 posts) -

I will take the 599 GTB Fiorano

#52 Posted by Jugnutts (437 posts) -
@PsEG: If I can pass I'll do that. I'm here to have fun and don't need a prize. If i have to take one give me the FF.
#53 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

@Jugnutts: Yep, you HAVE to take one! It's a requirement. (Not really, I can put the FF up for grabs if anyone else wants a bonus car)

The last pick goes to . Choose wisely.

#54 Posted by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -

I'll take the F430.

#55 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

@PsEG: I should get the remainders. It's only fair/right/proper.

#56 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

@Sparklykiss said:

Well, fiiiine! Miss "I want every car" here will get the California and Jugnutts's FF.

I'll try to get most of the cars ready tonight, though it might take me a little while to sort everything out. Have patience, but most of you should receive your cars by the weekend. A few might require friend requests, but I haven't verified that yet.

#57 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

@PsEG: Don't show me that sass! I was the only one not able to pick! (I know I was last, but shhhh. Also YAY. :D) Make 'em pretty, PsEG. I have minimal faith in you.

#58 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

@PsEG said:

@Sparklykiss said:

Well, fiiiine! Miss "I want every car" here will get the California and Jugnutts's FF.

I'll try to get most of the cars ready tonight, though it might take me a little while to sort everything out. Have patience, but most of you should receive your cars by the weekend. A few might require friend requests, but I haven't verified that yet.

Did you get all of the cars sent out? Or am I doing it wrong, I'm assuming there should be some sort of message, but I'm not seeing anything.

#59 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

@j3ffro919: The cars will be sent out within the next day or two, hopefully. I've just been in the process of finishing up a few extras.

#60 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

@PsEG: Very cool, I hope you don't think I was complaining ("GIMME MY FREE CAR NOW DAMMIT!!!") I just wanted to put it on your radar in case you had transferred 'em and it got screwy or something.

#61 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

...and although it's later than I wanted, most of the cars should be sent out! The only people that will wait a little longer are Sushi and Vigilante, since I had to fire off friend requests to send gift cars your way. Besides the Ferraris everyone selected, here's what you're getting:

Deluxe ugly trucks and SUVs!

I bought a bunch of trucks and SUVs, upgraded (or downgraded) them to certain classes, and slapped ugly paint jobs on all of them. You will receive one of the following, selected at random:

• A PT Cruiser, downgraded to F Class!
  • A PT Cruiser downgraded to F Class, but it also has a disgusting wing and aftermarket hood!
  • A Saleen truck, rationally upgraded to D Class!
  • A Dodge Ram bumped up to A Class! Weird ugly glint on its paint, though...
  • A Land Rover, upgraded to A Class!
  • A GMC Syclone, upgraded to S Class!
  • A Jeep SRT8, upgraded to S Class!

Deluxe CTS-Vs or Pintos!

The top three drivers received CTS-Vs, because those things are like pigeons in the world of Forza. Keval received a familiar paint job, though free of certain vinyls because I have standards.

For the rest of you, those whom I knew had the latest DLC (and one whom I figured might not but I'd taunt him anyway) have received Pintos, upgraded to F100 (yes, you read that right) and given stripes inspired by my visit to the Detroit Auto Show this weekend. Those of you I wasn't sure about have received one of the following cars at random as consolation:

• The Nissan Leaf! Quiet, functional, rechargeable at your local university's computer lab! The Nissan Leaf!
  • The Suzuki Liana! Great for reliving the days of Top Gear where they bickered about dumb topics like the Cool Wall! It's the Suzuki Liana!
  • The Volvo Battle Wagon! When you need to take your kids to soccer practice but don't want any guff from traffic. From Volvo, the makers of safe and uninspired vehicles, it's the Volvo Battle Wagon!
  • The Ford King Cobra! Featuring the aggressive body style of a tiger and the performance of a sickly gerbil, Ford would like you to forget...the King Cobra!
  • The Saab 99 Turbo! When 98 turbos aren't enough and you need professional stain-fighting power, the Saab 99 Turbo!

That's 39 cars given away! To make it an even 40, I chose a participant at random and fired my least favorite Audi LMP in their direction. Have fun with that, Jugnutts!

Anyways, let me know if you haven't received your cars, and thanks again for participating in this year's GB100. I'm hoping to work on the video recaps over the next few weeks.

#62 Posted by Falconer (1704 posts) -

@PsEG said:

For the rest of you, those whom I knew had the latest DLC (and one whom I figured might not but I'd taunt him anyway) have received Pintos, upgraded to F100 (yes, you read that right) and given stripes inspired by my visit to the Detroit Auto Show this weekend.

I did just get paid... *curses under breath* might as well I guess *sigh*

#63 Posted by slowbird (1746 posts) -

@PsEG: your form of trolling is the best form of trolling...it's trolling with free cars! Yay! All hail our benevelont dictator, PsEG! *claps*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.