4th Annual GB100 GP Endurance Race - Jan. 1, 2013 8:00 PM EST
^^^THIS POLL DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING NOW! CAR SOCCER WON!^^^
A new year is upon us, and with that comes yet another GB100 endurance series in Forza Motorsport! This year, we're looking into redefining exactly what the 100 stands for in GB100.
The 4th Annual GB100 Grand Prix Endurance Race
WHERE: Forza Motorsport 4 online
WHEN: January 1st, 2013, 8:00 PM EST.
HOW TO JOIN:
- If you're in the Giant Bomb car club, you're set! Just wait for an invite (and be sure to let me know if it doesn't work).
- Otherwise, send a message to Peace Egg saying you want in on the GB100.
- When the time comes around, I'll start a lobby and invite everyone I see in Forza 4. If possible, feel free to join my lobby without an invite!
- If you'd really like the ability to easily join the lobby on your own, you can send Peace Egg a friend request, as well, but at least let me know what it's for if you don't think I'll know who you are by gamertag alone.
In the incredibly unlikely event more than sixteen people show up, the order will be first come, first served, with Race Night Regulars getting invites first.
As voted on by you and the rest of the Giant Bomb community in the poll above, the potential options are as follows:
- Car Soccer: Two 45 minute sessions of no-damage collisions-always-on any-class-goes car soccer, followed by a ten-minute "overtime" period with full damage for fun.
- Fujimi Kaido: Five two-lap races of Fujimi Kaido, a fun and challenging Japanese mountain course. Starting at F class and working up to B class.
- Sonoma: Four 25-minute races at the NASCAR circuit of Sonoma, that place Ryan visits for a NASCAR race every year. Starting at E class and working up to B class.
- NASCAR: Stock NASCAR stock cars (yes, stock Stock Car stock cars) in four 25-lap races around Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Sunset Peninsula, Twin Ring Motegi Speedway, and Sedona's oval.
- Have fun.
- Don't be a dick.
- Damage will be set on cosmetic this year, so damage will not be a concern. Assists will be allowed.
- If you hit or take out someone accidentally, abide by rule 2 and give them back their position once they've recovered. Just a helpful suggestion of courtesy!
As always, prizes are subject to be added or changed. Depending on turn-out, prizes may take some time to be gifted.
Last year, I made the mistake of letting participants choose from a pre-set list, creating a lengthy and annoying process that lasted well beyond the running of the GB100. This year, I may spend an inordinate amount of money sending ugly and unique cars to everyone who participates. The overall winner, as judged by completely arbitrary criteria, may have an opportunity to pretend I'm Calypso and wish for the car of their dreams and deepest desires.
Just expect me to burn a lot of credits on gift cars, especially if there's a good turnout. I always tend to do just that.
January 1st, 2013, 8:00 PM EST.
A night of endurance competition awaits you. You should join us!
Fujimi Kaido obviously. Only in Japanese drifters like Silvias, RX-7s, and Mitsubishis and other such cars. I would go with an Evo VI but I don't have XBL Gold anymore so I can't partake, plus I have other stuff on the go right now, like punching sharks.
That was my main goal, if I would of made it all 45 laps, was to try and save the replay and see if my xbox would explode. I just couldn't make it though.
@Grnd_Lb_Knt: I can try. I wonder if it will even let you gift a replay that big.
Oh and btw, I thought the actual challenge of 100 minutes of soccer was incredibly fun.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.