Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

A Few Questions Regarding the Game

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

I have a few questions regarding this game that I haven't seen answered yet in any of the previews I've read and am wondering if anyone here knows the answers.  

-Has the driving model changed from 3?  I loved how 3 felt but there were a few problems.  The cars felt different from one another in some ways but not in others.  For example, a RWD car felt different then an AWD car.  However, I could rarely feel a difference between two RWD cars or two AWD cars.  Further, all four wheels rode on a singular plane under the cars in 3.  By this I mean that the cars didn't feel as if each wheel had a unique suspension.  Rather, they all sort of shared one universal suspension which made the experience feel a little less realistic.  Have either of these issues been addressed?  

-Has the collision detection and damage model been improved?  In 3, the damage model was fine and it was cool how the damage affected the driving experience.  However, bumping into walls sometimes led to some very unrealistic physics.  At times, the cars almost behaved like bumper cars.  Rather then the car compressing as it hit a wall it bounced off as if it had hit a spring.  This happened when the player's car hit other objects as well like other cars.  Is that going to be addressed?

-Will there be weather and day/night changes to tracks?  3 had a pretty good number of tracks and locations.  However, because the season mode is so long I eventually got tired of looking at the same tracks over and over again.  I know that the developers can't put an endless supply of track locations in the game due to size constraints.  However, by changing the time of day the race occurs and the type of weather being experienced the tracks, though exactly the same as they were before, can look and play very differently.  Will this be a feature in the new game?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JasonR86

So, no one knows the answers to any of these questions?

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By xMP44x

I can't say for the first one, but I believe the damage model has been changed somewhat. As for the weather and time cycles, I think they're still remaining as they are. As I said though I'm not entirely certain and I haven't really been keeping up to date so I might be wrong.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JasonR86
    @xMP44x said:
    I can't say for the first one, but I believe the damage model has been changed somewhat. As for the weather and time cycles, I think they're still remaining as they are. As I said though I'm not entirely certain and I haven't really been keeping up to date so I might be wrong.
    Actually, I answered one of my own questions.  There will be a day/night cycle component.  I'm happy to hear that the damage model has been changed.  I hope it allows for the cars to compress when they hit something.  I don't want the cars to become so wrecked that the player has to drive perfectly all the time.  But I want at least a bit of a better sense of reality.
    HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HayFourZee

Some tracks will give you the option to play them at day or dusk but they haven't shown any night racing. Also they are working with Pirelli on there new tire physics.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JasonR86
    @Hay4z said:

Some tracks will give you the option to play them at day or dusk but they haven't shown any night racing. Also they are working with Pirelli on there new tire physics.

Do you happen to know if there will be individual suspensions for the tires or at least some difference between the axles?   
    HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HayFourZee

@JasonR86: I'm not sure I just remember in an interview they said they were redoing there tire physics.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Bouke

Although i´ve played some of the game at Gamescom last week, these questions are to specific to answer from the short time i´ve played it. All i can say is the game feels and looks really good, it seemed they had more difficulty options and a harder AI then Forza 3. Car physics felt really good, but like you said you could either race a AWD or a RWD car, differences within that category i could not test. 

Damage models look much improved and it felt "realistic" the way the car damaged. Setting damage on realistic would damage the car with the slightest content, making it key to avoid any crashes.  

As far as i know there will be different times of day on specific tracks like dusk and afternoon, but not a complete cycle or anything like that.  
    Hoss360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hoss360

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.