Day One

#1 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

First off, who plans on buying the season pass tomorrow? I plan on buying MS Points tomorrow when I pick the game up to do just that.

Also, if anyone is interested in racing tomorrow afternoon, hit me up (GT is mjwickstrom1). Just let me know via message on here or XBL that you're from GiantBomb. I'll be on all day and would love to do some racing, car soccer, rivals mode, etc. to pass some time, especially since I doubt I'll be available for the first race night.

#2 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

Sounds awesome, I'll send you a friend invite when I get home, xbl gamertag j3ffro919

#3 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6387 posts) -

I was hoping Amazon would've shipped my copy Saturday so I could get it by tomorrow (I live waaaaay the hell in the sticks), but it just shipped this afternoon, so I doubt I'll be able to play until Wednesday. Damn you, waiting! Damn you's straight to hell!

#4 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: If it makes you feel better, I don't think the Microsoft Store is going to ship my copy until release day (tomorrow) so I'll be lucky if I even get it by Thursday. D:

#5 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6387 posts) -

@slowbird: Bah, it's just because we're so skilled that they need everyone else to have a handicap, right? Right? Echo?

#6 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1091 posts) -

@matt_wickstrom:I added you on Live. My GamerTag is LLeg3nd

#7 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

Im down. Feel free to add me. GT: HolyCrapItsAdam. Im not gonna buy the DLC cars though cause there are already more cars in that game then I will use so no point to have even more.

#8 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

@slowbird: Bah, it's just because we're so skilled that they need everyone else to have a handicap, right? Right? Echo?

We'll go with that, sure. XD

#9 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -
#10 Posted by gnarlycore (86 posts) -

Got it an hour ago, between the system update, redeeming preorder/lce bonuses and installing the discs, I still haven't played it.

#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@gnarlycore said:

Got it an hour ago, between the system update, redeeming preorder/lce bonuses and installing the discs, I still haven't played it.

Tell me about it, the wait is killing me.

#12 Posted by dunc12 (107 posts) -

I've got the game, but I have to wait till I get off of work to play. Work cannot go slowly enough. At least I work at Audi :P

#13 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

@matt_wickstrom said:

Looking good. Out of interest, is the limited edition 10 mucsle car pack thing the one that is included in the season pass?

#14 Posted by Daltonv (6 posts) -

@Garfield360UK: Ya, the muscle car pack comes "free" with the purchase of the season pass.

#15 Posted by gnarlycore (86 posts) -

Yea essentially we paid an extra $20 for nicer packaging, and some ugly BMW art cars, and a book I'll read once while I'm on the toilet.

#16 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

@gnarlycore said:

Yea essentially we paid an extra $20 for nicer packaging, and some ugly BMW art cars, and a book I'll read once while I'm on the toilet.

Pluss 10 american muscle cars, 5 VIP cars, VIP status with the community (free cars etc) and top gear and Forza stickers! And I paid only 10$ more for this package so good deal. Now, if it only could get in my mailbox then I would be happy.

#17 Posted by gnarlycore (86 posts) -

I thi k the main bummer is you still have to buy all the cars you paid real dollars to get.

#18 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

@gnarlycore: I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, I've completely forgotten about most cars I've bought in the DLC of past Forza games, just because I never had the credits to buy all of them, or that I never realized you actually had to buy them in game.

#19 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

You mean in-game? That's no problem seeing that upgrading cars is now free when you hit level 4 with that car manufacturer. Also you can always do a test drive of that car in free play, which is essential what I did with all of the DLC cars from Forza 3. You only need to buy them in the career, which in my opinion is much better than getting everything for free like in Shift 2.

#20 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

I´m visiting the FM4 forums daily, waiting until the game to come out on friday (like the rest of Europe). Good to hear everyone is having a good time so far though. So the Muscle Car Pack comes with both the LCE and the Season Pass!? That is a bit unfortunate! I was planning on getting the Season Pass and i pre-ordered the LCE.

#21 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

@Bouke: The American Muscle Car Pack is the first batch of DLC. When you buy the season pass it automatically unlocks the Muscle cars. Also, buying the game new gets you the Muscle cars as well. It's also available on the Marketplace for those who buy the game used, or don't get the season pass.

#22 Edited by Grnd_Lb_Knt (179 posts) -

@Bouke Those who purchased the LCE got the Muscle car pack. Those who then go on to purchased the Season Pass will be given 250,000 credits at the end of the month.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/add-ons/forza-4-season-pass/95584

You are still saving 5 USD even if you already have the LCE. The car packs are going to be 560 MS points.

Played all day yesterday. Great game!

#23 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

@Grnd_Lb_Knt: @matt_wickstrom:

Ok that sounds good! I was confused how it would work, because i intend to get both... thanks for answering, only one day left to release!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.