Demo out now....

#1 Posted by Edin899 (628 posts) -

I like it alot, graphics look good. Driving is excellent.

There is 1 thing that i don't like and that's the music.

It is horrible.

And there isn't a way to turn it off in the demo sadly.

#2 Posted by Karlif (46 posts) -

You can turn of the music by playing a custom track, and then pause it. Voila, music gone!

#3 Edited by GirlsGeneration (153 posts) -

Nice I'm definitely gonna check out the demo later today, and what's with people saying the music is bad in FM4 I'll probably like it FM3 had pretty good music

#4 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

Its great but the AI seems really really easy imo. yes i put it on hard first race and won never racing the track before with no assists no lines etc.

#5 Posted by bibamatt (1089 posts) -

Has this got the Kinect head-tracking in it? The demo I played at Eurogamer didn't.

#6 Posted by Trace (3562 posts) -

@bibamatt said:

Has this got the Kinect head-tracking in it?

It does not. There's not much in the way in options for changing anything in the demo, which is kind of a shame, because I'd really like to swap handbrake and clutch on the controller and get familiar with manual w/clutch shifting in 4.

#7 Posted by Harmonican (63 posts) -

After spending about 1,5h with the demo I love it. Sure, it's just a demo so I don't want to go too far off but the driving felt great. All those subtle little changes made both the cars and track come alive in a way that previous Forza games haven't. The Zonda is a beast and with the new lighting everything looks beautiful.

The only thing that worried me a little was that by the third race I started posting lap times seconds faster than the best AI drivers, even though they had higher rated cars.

#8 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

When has Forza not had horrible music? I guess I'll go download this later.

EDIT: Yup, this is definitely Forza.

#9 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

Just finished downloading the demo, but can't play it until later. I'm really excited to check it out, especially after seeing the positive feedback you guys have provided!

#10 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Gonna give it a shot tomorrow, only heard good things about this game so far.

#11 Posted by slowbird (1720 posts) -

One of the songs kinda gave me a Nyancat vibe. Other than that, I didn't notice the music. I was too busy manhandling the Mercury Cougar through the sweeping turns. I can't wait to lower that thing to the ground and put big wide tires on it.

#12 Posted by Falconer (1691 posts) -

@slowbird: Then it might actually be driveable.

#13 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

It is horrible.

Can't you play your own soundtrack like in every 360 game?

I might try it out and blare out some Drive sountrack...

#14 Posted by Falconer (1691 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: You've always been able to play your own music on the Xbox 360.

#15 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@ShaggyChu said:

@Doctorchimp: You've always been able to play your own music on the Xbox 360.

Yeah that's what I thought. He was complaining about not shutting the music off.

#16 Posted by Grilledcheez (3949 posts) -

Yeah it's good, no surprise there. You're right, the music while driving is not good.

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@Edin899 said:

It is horrible.

Can't you play your own soundtrack like in every 360 game?

I might try it out and blare out some Drive sountrack...

You're onto something there, though it's not exactly the best drive-faster music. Still my best memories of Forza 3 involve relaxing to my own music and going for really long drives, like the endurance races. Those were great.

#18 Posted by Reuben (622 posts) -

I'm so glad that jaggies have been toned down. I'm surprised they were able to tone those down while still getting the game to look better all around. Driving is much better than Forza 3's, it's nothing special in the demo but it's at least up to date with GT5's driving which was better.

I might actually see how much I can get off GT5 for Forza 4 lol

#19 Posted by handlas (2685 posts) -

I like. It good.

#20 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

Does the demo let you do that mode where you explore the cars and what not?

#21 Posted by Harmonican (63 posts) -

@Mikewrestler5: No. There's only quick race and rivals mode (time trial).

#22 Posted by slowbird (1720 posts) -

@ShaggyChu said:

@slowbird: Then it might actually be driveable.

If you don't think it's driveable, then I can't wait until you get into your El Camino Camaro for the first time. ROFL

#23 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -

The game looks gorgeous but I thought the demo was rather boring.

#24 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

Just played the demo. My only gripe is that the AI often seems unaware of where you are, and will cut into your lane, resulting in a collision that gets your car out of shape, or causes you to slow down or take evasive action to avoid them. Either way you lose time. Hopefully this is corrected in the final product.

Other than that, the demo is great. Gameplay, graphics, feel of the car, etc. is awesome!

#25 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

I love it, was thinking about not buying it but after the demo I ordered the special edition.

Also.. to turn off the music, guide button then play your own music.. then pause your own music or use the volume slider :)

#26 Posted by gnarlycore (86 posts) -

Wish I had not downloaded it, made the one week wait that much harder. Also wish I didn't read all the reviews today, that made the 4 day wait seem forever. Need to finish Rage this weekend somehow too.

#27 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

@natetodamax said:

The game looks gorgeous but I thought the demo was rather boring.

I found it incredibly dull, even with all the assists turned off, I loved the hell out of Forza 3 so I'm not sure what's happened.

#28 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

@gnarlycore said:

Wish I had not downloaded it, made the one week wait that much harder. Also wish I didn't read all the reviews today, that made the 4 day wait seem forever. Need to finish Rage this weekend somehow too.

I'm kind of in the same boat; but i still need to finish Gears 3... and i have no regrets!

#29 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

@Bouke said:

@gnarlycore said:

I'm kind of in the same boat; but i still need to finish Gears 3... and i have no regrets!

I have two days to finish both! Aaaaaah anticipation.

#30 Posted by Andorski (5331 posts) -

As a "I don't know anything about cars, but I like the go VROOM VROOM" kind of guy, I was disappointed in the UI for the demo. FM3's menus looked so slick and clean.

Graphics look pretty real though. Physics felt real. I spinned out plenty of times.

#31 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

I am so glad they included the rivals mode in the demo. It's fantastic and probably my favorite game mode so far. Can't wait when this game hits my mailbox with full speed this upcoming week. Too bad us Euro duders has to wait a couple of days more than the N.A duders, though i'm pretty sure i'll get it earlier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.