Forza Motorsport 4 Has a DLC Season Pass, If You're Into That Kind of Thing

• 69 results
#51 Posted by Aranel (25 posts) -

@jasondaplock said:

@FourWudesaid:

In the far off future of the year 2014, Bro Wars 2 is released:

a: You can spend $70 to get the Access package which lets you play the game as the developers "originally intended it", access to both SP and MP is limited.

OR

b: You can spend $40 on the Micro-Transaction package which lets you play the bare-bones single player run through. Individual extra unlocks can be bought to upgrade.

OR

b: You can spend $140 on the Total Package which lets you play all the content that has been created for the game.

More like Bro Wars 1.5...

Yep, that's the way things are heading.

#52 Edited by Elow (45 posts) -

I'll just wait for the price of the game to drop to $30 and pay $30 to have the complete game for $60! I'm a genius!

#53 Posted by aspaceinvader (257 posts) -

Seems like every game is now going online pass, Some even limit the level you can reach with out paying for one.Seems like games are now gonna cost you a fee to play them online for the full experience other wise you won't get it.

#54 Posted by MeatSim (10925 posts) -

I am not against these DLC passes yet. The LA Noire pass was a good deal.

#55 Posted by Scodiac (479 posts) -

@Alex: OK. It clicked. I misunderstood. It is a good deal if you plan to get all the DLC.

#56 Posted by Jerome85 (258 posts) -

Sim racing on a... console. LOL Jokes

#57 Edited by Branthog (5592 posts) -

I'm getting tired of this bullshit. Almost every game I've bought recently now has a $15 or $30 "season pass" (aka - actual price of game). Just fucking raise the price of games to $75 or $90, already. This DLC scam is bullshit. Especially when the details are usually lacking. The LA Noire thing seemed like a good deal, until the DLC actually came out and turned out to be the cutting-room floor crap that really belonged left on the cutting room floor.

#58 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

Very interesting, i bought most Forza 3 DLC so this is probably something i would do... Don't know about those muscle cars though, i like cars to actually have handling...

#59 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1770 posts) -

Dammit, I am going to buy this.

#60 Posted by Hosstile17 (768 posts) -

Count me in.

#61 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

charging $90 for the full release game kinda sucks. but whatever.

#62 Posted by slowbird (1746 posts) -

I figured this would happen, and all I have to say is, FORD FAIRLANE THUNDERBOLT FUCK YES I'M BUYING TWELVE SEASON PASSES JUST FOR THAT CAR NOW.

#63 Posted by Devil240Z (3403 posts) -

Seems interesting. Don't really care about muscle cars. More interested in additional single player content.

#64 Posted by Fokma (29 posts) -

Funny... I was thinking on my way to work this morning that I hope they have a season pass for Forza 4

#65 Posted by ixnay (39 posts) -

@thornie said:

So I guess Season Passes are now a "thing"? This really is a "monkey see, monkey do" business huh? Who is going to make the "Season Pass" wiki entry?

Not it.

Done! DLC Season Pass

#66 Posted by TobyD81 (1230 posts) -

I'm definitely for this. I'll pay up front for a mess of Forza cars.

#67 Posted by SharkMan (672 posts) -

season pass is an excuse for laziness.

#68 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

Here in Canada that Season Pass will cost almost 40$ (when you add taxes). After seeing all the DLC that is available (for sale) before the game is even available in stores, it kinda turned me off buying this game.

I loved Forza 3, I finished it completely but hearing that the 4th game is so similar to the last one and now knowing how much money I would need to spend to get all the content for this new Forza game made me go from "Day One Buyer" to "May Not Even Bother, Ever".

The crazy thing is that I am almost happy that I found that out before buying the game !

#69 Posted by hxcaleb (86 posts) -

I've fallen into the Forza rabbit hole. I picked up Forza 3 on a whim last week with a racing wheel, and now I'm addicted to it so I preordered forza 4 on Sunday...needless to say yes I am getting the season pass haha

#70 Posted by blastershift (65 posts) -

my wife just found Forza 4 at toys or us for $60 for the collectors edition

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.