Giant Bomb Forza Race Night: Thursdays, 10:30 PM ET

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1901 Posted by Falconer (1709 posts) -

@slowbird: Here's that thing I wanted to tell you about last night.

#1902 Edited by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@falconer: Well shit. That's pretty cool. I'm sorry for doubting you! (But I still wasn't going to let you pass.)

#1903 Posted by Legion_ (1557 posts) -

Starts 4:30 in the AM in my time zone. Worst part is that it doesn't bother me at all.

#1904 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

Hi-res carnage:

And that was race night

#1905 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

Music volume is a little louder than intended.

#1906 Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt (179 posts) -

#1907 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

This video makes us look incompetent at Forza. I'm finally (and slowly) starting to work on some kind Hyper Series video that will hopefully showcase how super awesome we actually are, or at least show we can go a lap without rolling over.

#1908 Posted by Falconer (1709 posts) -

@dethfish: You should totally send that to Jeff and Ryan to show them just how "serious" we are.

#1909 Posted by Jugnutts (437 posts) -

You guys are amazing; I want to have your collective baby.

#1910 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

I love so many of the videos that come out of our races, but the slow motion shot at 1:07 in is probably my favorite of all time. Just ungodly hilarious and awesome.

It's a damn crime that only 30 people or so have seen such glorious Jeep air.

#1911 Posted by Jugnutts (437 posts) -

@pseg: Agreed, I wish I had the means to easily make videos of some of our shenanigans.

#1912 Edited by Falconer (1709 posts) -

Car soccer is still haunted.

#1913 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6395 posts) -

@dethfish: Way late to the party, but that video was the bee's knees. Laughed damn near the whole way through.

#1914 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@falconer said:

Car soccer is still haunted.

GOOD JOB, YOU BROKE IT.

#1915 Posted by SushiX (138 posts) -

#1916 Edited by RandomHero666 (3183 posts) -

Good to see you guys are still going strong.

Question.. Forza 5, Xbox one, how many people here are gonna jump on that when it comes out?

Dead Rising 3 and GTA V already have me sold, it would be great to know some Race night action would come from it too.

<3 Fuzzy

#1917 Edited by SushiX (138 posts) -
#1918 Edited by slowbird (1756 posts) -

I think as a proper send-off of the Xbox 360, we should do some kind of special event, whether it be at our normal Race Night time, or some other day of the week, where we go through all the Forza games...we can play Forza 3 and drive on the long version Rally de Positano, and that stupid New York track, and we can play Forza 2 and the ridiculous Sidewinder track in all its variations...we could even hit Forza Horizon again for some rallying/virus tag/randomness.

#1919 Edited by spookytapes (269 posts) -

Goddamn, I wish I would've noticed this thread sooner. I love me some Forza. Are any of you planning on getting an Xbone / F5? I think having a rad community of duders to race with is about the only thing that could sway me toward getting one...

#1920 Posted by RandomHero666 (3183 posts) -

@sushix: ok good to know, me too. If not at launch, within a few weeks.

I haven't played a driving game since selling my xbox over a year ago... gonna be fun :P

#1921 Edited by SushiX (138 posts) -

@slowbird: I can bust out my old XBox for some Forza 1 :p

#1922 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

I'm going to try real hard to have an X1 and FM5 on launch day. Need that new forza.

#1923 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@sushix: oh man I didn't even have one of those but you should go for it. Drive the FULL New York course for us.

#1924 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

Hooning.

#1925 Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt (179 posts) -

Hey Guys,

Remember that Panoz race from last week on Tsukuba? Remember when some (myself included) blamed the crash on @slowbird? I saved the replay to see what happened and finally got the video just right to see the important bits. Turns out the initial crash wasn't his fault.

From the video. I'm in first. Slowbird is in second. Sushi in 3rd. Hay4z in 4th. The camera is following Hay4z. Give the video a watch.

The video absolves him of some of the blame. Just something I thought was worth looking into. What a race though, huh?!?

#1926 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -
#1927 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -
#1928 Edited by Falconer (1709 posts) -

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_LE_Announce

We all knew it was going to happen, and now we know what we're getting. Basically the same stuff as last year. *sigh* Never again will we see a Forza LE as cool as FM3, aka the best Forza.

I think the VIP thing is useless. I'd rather see the season pass tied to the LE like with Halo 4. I probably wouldn't have gotten any of H4's DLC maps if it wasn't for the LE. Also, my FM4 art book is still in the shrink wrap. Glad they didn't waste time with that this time around.

#1929 Posted by Jugnutts (437 posts) -

@falconer: Yeah pretty much knew what the LE would be. I'm still on the fence though. If the XBone doesn't support my Fanatec wheel i might got get the system or game....

#1930 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@jugnutts: you should just join iRacing and use your wheel for that.

#1931 Posted by Falconer (1709 posts) -

@jugnutts: It's a new console generation. I don't know why you're expecting it to. I mean, I realize you spent money, etc etc. But logically it will never happen.

#1933 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@jugnutts: I read this part and LOLed:

"The Mad Catz Force Feedback Racing Wheel for the Xbox One should be shipping around the time Forza 5 comes out. It will probably cost a billionty-five dollars."

#1935 Posted by Falconer (1709 posts) -

So if anyone is still reading posts here, something interesting to know. Criterion is now only ~15 employees and the majority of the team left to form Ghost UK, the developers behind NFS Rivals. I don't think that's enough for me to buy a second racing game at launch, but definitely something to know for the future.

#1936 Posted by slowbird (1756 posts) -

@falconer: WHY DID EVERYONE ELSE ABANDON US???????? IT'S SO LONELY HERE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME BACK EVERYONE ;_;

#1937 Edited by slowbird (1756 posts) -

EDIT: WHY DOES THE FORUM KEEP DOUBLE POSTING AND MAKING ME LOOK BAD

#1938 Edited by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

Hey, I finally finished that hyper series video! Was the wait worth it?! No, definitely not. It's kind of long too, so if you watch it you might need like a sandwich and a beverage before embarking on the adventure. I didn't do a normal recap type video because its been so long that I can't remember any positions, laps or winners. Also, there were too many individual races for that to be fun to keep track of anyways. So instead I just kind of mushed everything together. Way easier.

I did have fun writing fake-ish driver biographies for each of the participating drivers in the style of like an old arcade racing game (e.g. Jet Moto 2) or those wcw trading cards jeff reads on UPF. I ended up not using them because I hit the description character limit on youtube (I didn't even know there was one) and because they might possibly upset some people.

I'm basically done with another jelly car video too, but I'm not really liking it. I may fix it or maybe just forget about it. I don't know.

#1939 Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt (179 posts) -

So will the last FM4 race night be, the 21st, or will too many people be camping out for the XONE? Mine is being delivered from Amazon on the 22nd so maybe I'll miss some of the initial frustration/hangups.

#1940 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

What are your guys opinions on the FM5 special edition? Is it worth the extra $20 or not?

#1941 Posted by SushiX (138 posts) -

@dethfish: I got it for the P1, 787B, and Veyron SS.

#1942 Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt (179 posts) -

@pseg @dethfish Honestly I got it for the steel case and $10 in car tokens which seem like it will buy about 6 in-game cars.

#1943 Edited by Falconer (1709 posts) -

@grnd_lb_knt: Ordered mine straight from the source. If my Surface last year was any indication, I'll hopefully get my XONE in the AM.

@dethfish: I got it because... well, I have all the others, so might as well at this point, right?

#1944 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

Wow, as we've taken to the TweetZone, we've let this thread slip, haven't we? That's just as well, because in roughly two weeks, it will be locked, and a brand new Race Night thread for Forza Motorsport 5 will spring up in its wake.

We celebrate four years of wild, awesome, and straight-up dumb racing tonight. I suggest perusing this playlist if you need a reminder of just what the hell's happened since 2009. Otherwise, I hope to see many of you in the lobby at 10:30 PM EST.

Three more weeks of Forza 4.

#1945 Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt (179 posts) -

@pseg

But seriously, Forza 5 is gonna be awesome! I can't wait.

We should also be aware that on the last race night for Forza 4 we are probably going to run into xbox live problems .

#1946 Edited by Trace (3576 posts) -

Our final Forza 4 Race Night is about to begin, and so this thread comes to a close.

The next major thread for Giant Bomb Forza Race Night, featuring Forza Motorsport 5 and a new start time of 9:30 PM EST, will be up within the next 12 hours or so! I hope you'll join us then as we carry forward into a scary new world.

EDIT: Oh, right, we might have parting words. I'll temporarily unlock this until the new thread's back up.

#1947 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -

Before this gets re-locked, bye everyone! Maybe I'll see you all in 5ZA at some point down the road, until then it's been fun! Thanks for the "memories".

#1948 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

It's been a heck of ride, Forza Motorsport 4 thread. We had some great times, didn't we? I'm gonna miss you buddy.

#1949 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6395 posts) -

It's been a riot watching this forum thread's videos and keeping up with all your shenanigans. I hope to join all of you one day for some Forza madness.

#1950 Edited by slowbird (1756 posts) -

4ZA IS DEAD. LONG LIVE 4ZA.

SEE YOU ON XBOX ONE! (eventually)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.