With Thursday Race Night out there to scratch the itch for all of us who enjoy racing against each other, it seems like the leader boards are a great way to compete against each others times and improve our club ranking on the global leaderboards. That being said a thorough perusal through our car club's leader board shows very few car class / race track combinations that everyone has done. Seems like the best way to populate the boards and get some competition is to have a weekly event with a specific class and track (and even specific section if so desired).
Here is a direct link if you don't know what I'm talking about - http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/community/leaderboard.aspx or you can access the leader boards in game.
|Week||Leaderboard Type||Car Class||Environment||Tracks||Winner||Winning Time|
|12||Circuit||R1||Indianapolis Motor Speedway||Grand Prix||Vigilante HD||00:01:11.807|
|11||Circuit||C||Rally di Positano||All||Vigilante HD||00:02:10.169|
|10||Circuit||S||Circuit de Catalunya||All||lvlxANTHMANxlvl||00:03:51.204|
|8||P2P||B||Fujimi Kaido||New Downhill||SushiXXX||00:04:59.967|
|7||Circuit||R3||Twin Ring Motegi||All||SushiXXX||00:03:52.849|
|6||Circuit||A||Sunset Peninsula Raceway||All||Nat3TheGreat13||00:05:20.715|
|5||Circuit||R2||Suzuka Circuit||Full Circuit||Nat3TheGreat13||00:01:54.953|
|4||Circuit||A||Nurburgring Nordschleife||Full Circuit||SushiXXX||00:08:17.818|
|2||P2P||S||Fujimi Kaido||Old Down Hill||Laz PsEG||00:03:35.602|
Here's the breakdown:
1) Assists and difficulty level - whatever you would like. All on, all off, a slight mixture, however you like to race is how you get to race.
2) Race week ends Monday at noon PST. Each challenge will then begin when it has been announced, if nothing has been announced by 10 am PST Tuesday morning I'll name the challenge (doubt this will ever happen).
3) Winner each week picks the following weeks' race. My XBL name is the same (j3ffro919), winner can send me a message either here or on XBL and I'll update this thread Tuesday morning.
4) Winner picks type (Circuit/Rivals/Drag/Etc), Car Class (F-X), Environment (Bernese Alps/Suzuka Circuit/Etc), and if they would like to break it down further to an individual part of that track they can.
5) You need to be in the Giant Bomb Car Club to win. I know there's a number of people waiting to get in, and I don't want to discriminate against them, but how the leader board is calculated is Overall, Car Club, or Car Club plus Friends and trying to coordinate everyone being friends with everyone else would be a nightmare.
6) Smack talk is highly encouraged and just this side of mandatory.
7) Please don't cheese the times. If there's a glitch way to race a car in a class it shouldn't be, please wait until the weekly contest is over to run it. This is mostly to challenge driving skill, and part of the fun is seeing the different cars in play, if everyone has to use the same car to even get close it is not nearly as fun.
Note: This is a continuation of this thread (http://www.giantbomb.com/forza-motorsport-4/61-33400/weekly-challenge-week-1-circuit-c-class-hockenheimring/35-521084/?page=1), just more appropriately named to last the test of time.
Edit: Switched up the table to read upwards instead of down, also updated/clarified the beginning of a challenge, no point in waiting til Tuesday morning if it's announced Monday afternoon.