Halo Warthog featured in Auto Vista

#1 Edited by Falconer (1679 posts) -

Revealed at PAX by 343/Turn 10. The car will be an "Easter egg" (Dan Greenawalt) for players to unlock, but only viewable through the game's Auto VIsta mode. Part of the reason why it is not drivable due to the fact that it isn't a real vehicle, so Pirelli and Turn 10 have nothing to base the tire physics on. (Also, that shit has independent four wheel drive.) The model used is from Halo 4, provided to Turn 10 by 343 Industries.

#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Not drivable? 
 
Preorder cancelled

#3 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

Oh man..oh man!

#4 Posted by Daiphyer (1301 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
Not drivable?  Preorder cancelled
CANCELLED!
#5 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

Cool i guess. I would like some easter eggs in racing sims.

#6 Posted by Bouke (1401 posts) -

Yeah this is pretty cool!
#7 Posted by Yamoto (111 posts) -

That is pretty dumb

#8 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

The thing I'd do to be able to race that bad boy in-game...

#9 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

@Yamoto said:

That is pretty dumb
#10 Posted by CallofSpartansofWar1337 (95 posts) -

omg i want dis game n0w!!!1!

#11 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

In-game advertising eh?

#12 Posted by ch3burashka (4991 posts) -

REAL bummer that it's not driveable. Who the hell cares what it looks like, or that you can look around and in it if you can't actually use it?

#13 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

That's cool, but why wouldn't they make it drivable. Kind of kills it of you ask me.
 
Also, that's a really weird looking hog. Halo 4 redesign or something?

#14 Posted by HumanityPlague (251 posts) -

That's interesting and all, but the real question is, Why isn't Jeremy Clarkson narrating the video? :)

#15 Posted by Falconer (1679 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

That's cool, but why wouldn't they make it drivable. Kind of kills it of you ask me.

Because, even if they could get the four wheel drive working properly, they would have no idea how to do the tire physics since they don't have that information.

Also, that's a really weird looking hog. Halo 4 redesign or something?

Yes, that's the Halo 4 model provided by 343 Industries.

#16 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@ShaggyChu said:

@Slaker117 said:

That's cool, but why wouldn't they make it drivable. Kind of kills it of you ask me.

Because, even if they could get the four wheel drive working properly, they would have no idea how to do the tire physics since they don't have that information.

I guess that's true, but still. Just use it as a skin for an existing car or something. It's a little easter egg thrown in there for fun, they don't need to worry themselves with hyper realism.
#17 Posted by Falconer (1679 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

@ShaggyChu said:

@Slaker117 said:

That's cool, but why wouldn't they make it drivable. Kind of kills it of you ask me.

Because, even if they could get the four wheel drive working properly, they would have no idea how to do the tire physics since they don't have that information.

I guess that's true, but still. Just use it as a skin for an existing car or something. It's a little easter egg thrown in there for fun, they don't need to worry themselves with hyper realism.

Agreed. But as an Easter egg, I'm not going to complain. Turn 10 is meticulous about the cars they put into their game, and if they can't make it perfect then it's not going to be available.

#18 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -

Looks pretty good, maybe a playable version will be added as DLC down the road?

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (6947 posts) -

WETA made a fully working Warthog years ago. Don't cheap out Turn 10.

Online
#20 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

cool, except i can't drive it... i wouldn't care about looking at a car unless i can drive it.

#21 Posted by Trace (3543 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

WETA made a fully working Warthog years ago. Don't cheap out Turn 10.

This is my thought on the matter. Microsoft showed a Warthog that was supposedly drivable during Halo Fest at PAX Prime. I don't care if it's competitive or not, I'd like to drive it.

I understand the whole car fanaticism angle Turn 10's going for, but this is still Forza Motorsport. Obsessing over cars should always involve the enjoyment of driving them.

Moderator
#22 Posted by Fattony12000 (6947 posts) -
@PsEG said:

@Fattony12000 said:

WETA made a fully working Warthog years ago. Don't cheap out Turn 10.

This is my thought on the matter. Microsoft showed a Warthog that was supposedly drivable during Halo Fest at PAX Prime. I don't care if it's competitive or not, I'd like to drive it.

I understand the whole car fanaticism angle Turn 10's going for, but this is still Forza Motorsport. Obsessing over cars should always involve the enjoyment of driving them.

  
September 2007. 
 
Absolutely no excuse for not having it available. What do you mean it won't be competitive? It has a fully automatic, electrically-powered, anti-aircraft machine-gun (firing about 900 rounds per minute of 12.7x99mm armour penetrating ammunition) mounted to it.
Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.