New car suggestions for Jeff?

• 82 results
#51 Posted by h83r (470 posts) -

He loves Tokyo Drift, why not get a drift-friendly car? Mazda RX-7, Mitsubishi EVO, Subaru WRX STi...?

#52 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

@SmashingTimes said:

BMW E46 M3

Don't do it...great car to drive, lousy car to maintain. You need inspection I or inspection II every 30,000 miles, with nothing wrong with my car I was ~1200 and II was ~3200. Not worth it for a car that now has a used value of ~20k.

#53 Posted by Lukeweizer (2709 posts) -
#54 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1873 posts) -

@Scooper said:

Peel p50

this.

#55 Posted by Selftest (72 posts) -

I'm 6'4 and 280 pounds. Pretty similiar to Jeff, I would guess. I drive a 2007 VW GTI and it is the most comfortable, roomy car I have ever driven. Reading that he doesn't like German cars, I have nothing to add.

#56 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Evo X 

I'd buy one.
#57 Posted by Mikemcn (6997 posts) -
Corolla Sport! I own a slightly older model and it's great, jeff's a tall dude though so it may be a little cozy.
#58 Edited by goudaj (76 posts) -

I think Jeff has it right, a Challenger or an IS250. There's probably a lot more room for bass and bitches in an IS250, though. So I'd recommend that.

#59 Posted by ArcLyte (887 posts) -

jeff should just go ahead and get the Lexus IS F, that thing is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick and it comes with a dealer installed pussy magnet.

#60 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I'm a straight function kind of guy. I'd say get something reliable with good gas mileage. Nothing else matters.

#61 Posted by gnarlycore (86 posts) -

If Jeff can afford a $60k car, why waste it on an ISF? Watch the top gear review of it, apparently not the best bang for the buck. I not the biggest fan of American muscle but the new Mustang has been getting great reviews for the most part, but if you want comfort and performance in your American muscle I would take a look at the CTS-V.

#62 Posted by 71Ranchero (2782 posts) -

Some terrible suggestions in this thread.

He should not get a Charger, might as well get Fred Flinstones car if thats the route your going down.

#63 Edited by sungahymn (1023 posts) -

That Challenger looked pretty sweet.

Not that I'm an expert on cars...

#64 Posted by Butcherpete (6 posts) -

New mustang. V-6 is 300 horsepower and 30 highway.

#65 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

VW Scirocco. Fast, spacious-ish for a coupe, excellent mileage in the diesel too and it looks freaking sweet.

#66 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

he needs to get some wreck out of a junkyard and fix it up. then slam it, throw some neon on and hella base.

#67 Posted by gnarlycore (86 posts) -

Unfortunately, can't get a scirocco in the states.

#68 Edited by iWonder (454 posts) -

Ford Challenger, Lancer Evo, Nissan GTR in that order. There are no other options. NONE. >:O

#69 Posted by oct_ONES (65 posts) -
@Joker369: i wouldn't consider a rotary engine good on gas 

I'd recommend an older Audi S model or a newer GTi/ Turbo Beetle with DSG
#70 Posted by SgtSphynx (1490 posts) -

I think he should get a Challenger, but I'm a little biased since I drive one.

#71 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

@oct_ONES said:

@Joker369: i wouldn't consider a rotary engine good on gas

Yeah. 22 mpg in a 3000 lb car with 230 hp is horrible. Hell, Jeff could get a 4300lb SRT8 challenger with 500 hp and get the same mileage.

#72 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

I hear Hummers get really good gas mileage...

#73 Posted by ikwal (225 posts) -

He was talking about getting a mustang (or was it a challanger) which I though sounded like a bit of a waste of money. I would get an Audi or some other german car but it sounds like repairs are expensive for german cars over there, which is unfortunate because they're great.

#74 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

@W0lfbl1tzers: I have a GTI and haven't had problems with expensive mechanics or parts. You can get most of your part needs online at places like germanautoparts.com. Never go to the stealership to order something.

#75 Posted by SmilingPig (1340 posts) -

Mercury-Topaz 1987,

my first (and best) car, it had no oil in it for an entire summer and still would not die.

#76 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Mercurys dont need oil they run on broken dreams

#77 Posted by supermike6 (3586 posts) -
PAUL WALKER DROVE THIS CAR. I THINK THAT'S ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID.
#78 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

Jeff needs to roll in a fly caddy.

#79 Posted by Michaelblack18 (223 posts) -

jeff,that challenger has your name written all over it get it don that tracksuit and show the world why no one messes with Dr,Tracksuit.

#80 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34

#81 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

@ModerateViolence said:

My girlfriends friend bought an old style double decker London bus for £17,000 added a toilet and a kitchen and a massive sound system, this is the only thing I ever want to drive and the only thing I can recommend.

That is the most badass shit i've ever heard. As someone who has lived in london my whole life i can honestly say i never would have ever of concieved of that.

As for Jeff's car, the audi A4 Saloon is the highest rated car in that class (2008-) model. And an incredible car for sure. My 6'3'' cousin drove it very comfortable and i think Jeff stands around 6'5''?

For something with more grunt and luxury the Audi A5 is really the only car i can think of thats not a BMW, a Jaguar or Mercedes.

Audi A4 Saloon
#82 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -

Dunno. My family's never had a car from the same decade as we were living in. Our newest car is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that cost $980, because it was a salvaged vehicle. Next newest is a 1995 LS 400 that has had the check engine light on for the entire ~5 years we've owned it, with the exception of about a week or so every time it's just out of the shop. Other than that, we have a 1964 Impala SS that was my dad's great aunt's when she was ~65, a 1961 Studebaker Hawk that's sat in my grandma's driveway for ~2 years with a non-operational registration, and a 1966 VW hatchback that hasn't been registered or driven since 1990, when my parents brought it back from Florida after a friend of my grandma's died.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.