starting position in races

#1 Posted by JoelHulsey (71 posts) -

In Forza 3, my starting spot would be based on my car's performance number. Since there was no qualifying to earn a pole position, this was the only way I could start up front. Not ideal, but it worked. But in Forza 4, you always start around number 8. Is this an option somewhere I can turn off? I hate always having to fight around the first lap. Yes, I could just smash my way to the front, but I'm trying to actually race, not play bumper cars.

Worst decision ever!

#2 Posted by Falconer (1695 posts) -

Nope, you're stuck there. I agree, Turn 10 was retarded for doing that.

#3 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

I don't dislike starting in the middle of the pack. It presents a challenge and is more fun than just starting up front every race and pulling away from the start. What I dislike is how the AI seems to not recognize where you are on the track. I constantly find them forcing me into the grass when I'm attempting a pass, and them divebombing corners early in the race, taking me and other drivers out.

#4 Posted by gnarlycore (86 posts) -

Hate hate hate starting in 8th, for all the reasons you guys already listed.

#5 Posted by thorkins (8 posts) -

Then try and pass them without hitting them, if you always started in pole the game wouldn't be as much fun. Holding pole is nothing like fighting your way through to earn a first place finish.

#6 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

this is why i like F1 2011. the practise and qualifying is just as important as the race. on high AI difficulty if you don't qualify high you won't win. unless as you say you just barge through the cars at the start. but in F1 you'l loose you nose.

#7 Posted by wrathofconn (1463 posts) -

@thorkins said:

Then try and pass them without hitting them, if you always started in pole the game wouldn't be as much fun. Holding pole is nothing like fighting your way through to earn a first place finish.

If the AI didn't magically get slower after you take over first place that might not exactly be the case.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.