Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

starting position in races

JoelHulsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoelHulsey

In Forza 3, my starting spot would be based on my car's performance number. Since there was no qualifying to earn a pole position, this was the only way I could start up front. Not ideal, but it worked. But in Forza 4, you always start around number 8. Is this an option somewhere I can turn off? I hate always having to fight around the first lap. Yes, I could just smash my way to the front, but I'm trying to actually race, not play bumper cars.

Worst decision ever!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

Nope, you're stuck there. I agree, Turn 10 was retarded for doing that.

matt_wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By matt_wickstrom

I don't dislike starting in the middle of the pack. It presents a challenge and is more fun than just starting up front every race and pulling away from the start. What I dislike is how the AI seems to not recognize where you are on the track. I constantly find them forcing me into the grass when I'm attempting a pass, and them divebombing corners early in the race, taking me and other drivers out.

gnarlycore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gnarlycore

Hate hate hate starting in 8th, for all the reasons you guys already listed.

thorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thorkins

Then try and pass them without hitting them, if you always started in pole the game wouldn't be as much fun. Holding pole is nothing like fighting your way through to earn a first place finish.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jetsetwillie

this is why i like F1 2011. the practise and qualifying is just as important as the race. on high AI difficulty if you don't qualify high you won't win. unless as you say you just barge through the cars at the start. but in F1 you'l loose you nose.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By wrathofconn

@thorkins said:

Then try and pass them without hitting them, if you always started in pole the game wouldn't be as much fun. Holding pole is nothing like fighting your way through to earn a first place finish.

If the AI didn't magically get slower after you take over first place that might not exactly be the case.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.