The Giant Bomb Car Club
Plenty of us on Giant Bomb are extremely fast, talented folk. Some of you are incredible tuners, others amazing painters, and I sincerely believe there's a few fairly fast drivers, as well. With the car club functionality, we should gather our forces together and make our mark known in the Forza Motorsport universe. Right? Right.
Our car club is called Giant Bomb, appropriately enough. Joining our club will put [GB] before your gamertag when racing in Forza 4. You'll also help our leaderboard ranks against other clubs, have access to club cars, and receive far too many game invites for Forza Race Night every Thursday.
Pretty awesome, no?
How To Join
THE CLUB IS CLOSED, AS WE MOVE ONTO A NEW VERSION OF FORZA MOTORSPORT. Sorry!
Any members who haven't been active in 30 days may be removed from the club to make room for other users.
I'll usually check every leaderboard and anywhere else I could potentially monitor activity before booting somebody. This process may be biased by the leaderboard performance of users, with us looking the other way for faster people a little longer. Building up your driver level is also a great way to ensure you stay in the club longer.
Please note: If you've been removed from the Giant Bomb car club, don't assume you've done anything wrong. Being inactive happens, and it's nothing personal if we boot you to make space for someone who really wants in. Trust me, if you did something bad, I'd make sure you knew.
If you find yourself on the outside looking to rejoin, feel free to ask to be let back in, and we'll gladly work on getting you a new invite.
Note: Giant Bomb staff will not be subject to this rule, as this club would not be possible without them.
Perhaps the coolest part of being in a car club is our ability to share cars with each other! That said, please consider the following guidelines for sharing cars:
- If you're just looking to share a car for the achievement or badges, that's cool. However, if you're sharing an unremarkable car for said achievement, please consider unsharing it right afterwards so as to limit the clutter in our garage.
- Don't just share every car you win or earn. Cars automatically tuned by Forza (the ones you earn when leveling up) are generally shit, and you'll only irritate people by sharing them without doing anything fancy to improve their look or performance.
- Don't share stock cars. You can already use stock versions of all non-unicorn cars in any modes where the club garage is relevant. DLC cars can't be used by people who don't own the DLC this way, so you're not tricking Turn 10 with this method. Stock unicorn cars are silly, too. At least upgrade it to the peak of a PI class. C'mon.
- Only the owner of a shared car can muck with it, so don't worry about any shared garage vandalism. However, if you want to make changes to a shared car's setup, give it an awesome paint job, or otherwise try and improve someone else's car, consider asking the owner for permission to borrow it via gifting. Be polite! If I hear someone's abusing this to steal or sabotage cars that don't honestly belong to them, they won't last long in the club.
If you fall astray of any of this on a regular basis, I may fire a message off in your general direction. Willfully sabotaging the club garage in order to make it completely unusable by others is grounds for permanent ejection from the club.
Terms for Unsharing
Eventually, we may hit club garage capacity, which means a few cars would have to be unshared. I also want to keep the garage somewhat neat, so I'll look through periodically for cars to unshare. I don't want any of you angry with me saying, "PsEG YOU BULLY YOU UNSHARED MY CARS AND I HATE YOU I'M LEAVING," so realize this is only ever done to keep our garage relevant and open for really cool cars in the future.
If we hit our garage capacity, I'll use the following criteria to determine if a car should be removed, roughly in this order:
- Are there any duplicate make/models of this car in the garage?
- Is this car upgraded to a PI that would make it competitive in its class?
- Does the car have a really freakin' awesome design/paint job/appearance?
- ...is this car upgraded at all? Not necessarily counting the prize car auto upgrades, since as stated before, those are shit.
- Is the car rare to the point where a normal club member would have a very hard time gaining access to it otherwise?
- Is the club using the car at all?
Don't fret about this whole unsharing process too much. No one's getting in trouble over our shared garage unless some jerk refuses to stop sharing some utterly worthless car for reasons beyond human comprehension.
There are three tasks you can undertake if you wish to help improve our club:
Mission 1: Enter monthly Rivals competitions for a chance at unicorn cars.
Every month so far, Turn 10 has at least one event in Rivals mode in which they give away 100 BMW M3-GTRs a week to random participants. If you get one of these, you can tune it and share it with the club, and Falcon can finally stop whining about how Forza 4 is ruined because it's missing his favorite car. Same goes for any of the rarer unicorns.
Mission 2: Improve our club ranking on the leaderboards.
I've added a tab on our Google Docs spreadsheet of our club's rankings on the various leaderboards. If you want to help improve our standing, perhaps you could set some fast times in less competitive areas! Remember, only the fastest time in the club rolls through from each individual leaderboard.
Mission 3: Just be active and awesome.
Frankly, if you just enjoy yourself, drive what you like, and focus on driving as clean as possible, you'll probably accomplish mission 2 without even trying.