The Giant Bomb Forza Motorsport 4 Car Club

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -

@slowbird said:

@PsEG: Is there any chance that this might have something to do with cars that have been modified locally and are out of sync with the shared version?

I don't think this is the case, because it's happening to me when I initially share the cars. I haven't tried modifying the ones I already shared successfully though, just in case that breaks it too.

#152 Posted by Kingloo (87 posts) -

Hi guys. I would love an invite to my favourite car club on the Citadel.

My gamertag is Kingloo, same as Whiskey username.

#153 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

Been having a lot of fun, with rivals mode and trying to beat the other team members! Also some really nice cars are getting uploaded; kudos!

#154 Posted by xElement180x (1 posts) -

My tag is xElement 180x send me a club invite plz!!

#155 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

I know im late to the party here, but i just picked up my copy yesterday not thinking it was gonna grab me (just another driving game after all) and blew through the first 3 seasons in one sitting before spending the entire rest of the night on multiplayer, this game is ace!

I know space is tight in the group, but i'll throw my tag up here anyway just in case space opens up

GT :- TheOmegaPirate

Peace! x

#156 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

@OmegaPirate: I'll send ya some cars later :D

Also the share garage black square thing has nothing to do with paintjobs. I tried several time to add an R2 Sesto Elemento Lambo, each time it turned into a black box instantly. While other cars that I have changed since sharing are fine(2 RUFs, Scooby, Golf etc)

#157 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

Is there any indication that this sharing bug is being experienced by a large number of people?

#158 Posted by slowbird (1759 posts) -

I noticed that my cars appear fine in the club garage, even though I thought PsEG said one of them was a black box. I don't know if it somehow fixed itself, or if it's a black box for everyone but me or something.

#159 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@slowbird: This is for newly shared cars, not cars shared before this issue was cropping up.

@Hulsey90 said:

Is there any indication that this sharing bug is being experienced by a large number of people?

Yes, there's a pretty long few threads about it on forzamotorsport.net about it, and Turn 10 has said themselves that they're looking into it to users who have asked.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: all new cars are being black boxed, and it's likely because something on Turn 10's servers cannot properly produce a screenshot/preview data for the cars in question. While black boxed cars are technically usable, there is no workaround that I'm aware of. ALL newly shared cars will experience this issue (cars being resynced that were already in the garage appear fine). As a result, most especially once we're certain the issue is corrected, any cars that are black boxed will be unshared eventually by me.

Please do not share new cars until this issue's dealt with unless you absolutely must do so.

That matter aside, my computer fried a few days ago due to a power outage and a malfunctioning battery backup unit, so I'm on low-quality backup resources for the time being. This has temporarily affected my ability to monitor the club roster, as my roster spreadsheet had not yet been backed up and there's not another computer in this household that can handle a SATA drive for recovery. I'm due to receive a SATA to USB converter on the 26th, at which point I'll merge the data from my Excel spreadsheet into my temporary Google Docs spreadsheet.

Why does this matter to any of you? Once I've merged all the data together and confirmed everything's halfway functional again, I'll likely be making the first inactivity cuts to the car club. Users with driver levels well below the club average and with no sign of progress in recent history will be investigated and potentially cut if I have no reason to believe they're still active. At that point, a few of you who are on the waiting list (which is also on my old SATA drive) will likely receive invites, with perhaps a biased priority given to people that I see have remained active even after requesting an invite.

...and on that note:

@Alex_Carrillo said:

Would it be wise to send @PsEG a message on XBL, or am I good with just my forum request?

There's no need to do anything further, as you're on the waiting list to get in. Just keep on keepin' on in Forza, and an invite should arrive your way when space permits.

#160 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@PsEG: Shit- I shared a car last night and it appeared fine to me.  I shall unshare it if it truly isn't working- it's the Ferrari F50 GT I shared.  Also if anyone else is saving up credits to buy a revention or the crazy car equivalent from Lambo, you should share it.
#161 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@mfpantst: If you look in the club garage, it should be a black box at the far right, along with seven or so other cars. Nothing that is freshly shared is working properly in this regard.

#162 Posted by Sitoxity (544 posts) -

I'd totally be up for joining you guys if you have any room.

I do try to play often, so I'm pretty active if not on everyday. (Uni and other commitments as well as other games stop that.) I'm definitely on multiple times a week and weekends I can blast away if I'm not studying/drinking too hard.

My gamertag is the same as my Whiskey ID: Sitoxity

:)

#163 Posted by Trucker_Sean (46 posts) -
@PsEG

Just saw the post about the inactivity cuts on the 26th. Want to throw out there that I had to travel a few thousand miles away from my xbox for a week to go to a wedding so I haven't played since last Wednesday. I'm flying back tomorrow and have an extra day off work so I'll be grinding out some more levels before the cuts. Just curious though, what is the average club level anyway?

Gamertag: Udir
#164 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@Trucker_Sean: Our average level's about 32 at this point. I wouldn't worry about your situation too much, though, as your status doesn't appear to be in any danger for a while.

Since I can't trust in Xbox Live to give me an accurate last played date anymore, I'm working off of two criteria: a member's level, and the last time I saw evidence they were active. While it's not the most sound theory, I think most active members will likely gain at least one level over the span of two weeks. This is especially true if they're one of our lowest level members, since it doesn't take much to level up early on.

I'm currently using a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone's levels, and whenever I see any evidence of a user being online (be it messages, seeing them online in the roster, or seeing their driver level's grown), I note their latest date of activity. Combined with a little conditional formatting, I'm using this to judge who the least active users in our club might be.

This spreadsheet is in Google Docs right now, and once I'm able to add in data from the Excel workbook I had on my fried computer, I should have a picture of the roster that might even be clear enough to share openly. We'll see.

#165 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (608 posts) -

@PsEG: Just a heads up that I would like an invite if a spot opens up. My gamertag is zombienutz. I just got the game, so my level is only around 7 right now.

#166 Posted by Trucker_Sean (46 posts) -
@PsEG Damn man, much props to all the work you are putting into this. I just have one more question though. Is it better for the club if I focus on gaining DL or if I just try to improve my leaderboard rankings?
#167 Posted by slowbird (1759 posts) -

I saw this posted in another forum that has their own car club, and I thought it might be a decent guideline for our club garage. It's a bit strict, perhaps, but I like the intent.

Car Club Upload's? Not So Fast Buddy
We're looking for your most driven cars.
Car with hours spent haggling over a single PI between lighter wheels or a thinner flywheel.
We want the cars you're beating us by in Rivals, because as we get better, you'll get better too.
We want the cars that are rare, hard to come by, and valuable.
We do not care that you won a Toyota MR2.

I need everyone to keep in mind we now have 82 members in the car club.
I need you guys to at least remember that the club garage is for online and rival modes ONLY.
Having a stock Honda NSX isn't doing anyone any good, because you can choose it from the Make in Select Car.
However, if you take that same stock NSX, tune it the way you like and get it ready for online racing,
And tune it to the top of the class AT MINIMUM
Then you'd have a car worth entering into the club garage.

Of course, cars that just look cool are great too, but we're even more likely to use them if they're competitive in their class. It never hurts to ask for tuning help.

#168 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@Trucker_Sean said:

I just have one more question though. Is it better for the club if I focus on gaining DL or if I just try to improve my leaderboard rankings?

Technically, it's better if you improve your leaderboard rankings, as nothing with driver level improves the club's overall standing.

Don't take that to mean you need to run the leaderboards, though. The club ranking only takes into account the fastest club member on each leaderboard, and club ranking isn't good for anything more than e-peen or maybe reminding Brian Ekberg and Turn 10 (and the elite clubs) that Giant Bomb's still a thing. You should do whatever you like to do in Forza the most, and odds are it'll help the club in some way.

@slowbird: I might set a few standards like that in stone (part of the problem, since my ADF drift car's still stock), but given there's 200 garage spots, I think the attitude's going to float towards not posting stock/prize cars, but everyone getting a freebie to share otherwise. Once someone puts two or more cars in the shared garage, though, he/she is subject to much stricter scrutiny, and should be prepared to defend shared cars in this thread if somebody feels their car's not necessary.

Not sure if we'll work towards that strictness, especially since I want to promote stylized/good-looking cars in the garage, but it's something to keep in mind for when the black box issue is finally dealt with and we can get back to normal with the shared garage.

#169 Posted by slowbird (1759 posts) -

@PsEG: I understand not wanting to be too strict. I can see leaving some cars alone. For example, your drift car is stock but we use it like that anyway, so no big deal. I guess cars are shared to be looked at as well as raced. Just saying, if someone shares a car and it never gets used, then it may be a good candidate for some tuning.

#170 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@slowbird: Oh, absolutely, no denying that. I think we should attempt to work towards every car in the garage being member-tuned to its class max, with very few exceptions (drift or drag cars, for example).

#171 Posted by Trucker_Sean (46 posts) -

@PsEG: I kinda failed on DL gaining (only got to 22) because I got hung up on leaderboard races. I did manage to do some damage on the E Class boards though so I have no regrets XD

#172 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

That's fine by all means, dude! Whatever you have fun doing in Forza 4. Your enjoyment is far more crucial than the club's needs.

Now, then. I did indeed manage to scavenge the old club data from my exploded computer today, which gives me an excellent picture of the current club roster and potential future members.

At the risk of doing something wrong and unleashing chaos, I thought I could share this information with everyone, so people can see that the process is not entirely arbitrary.

Here's the link to the Google Doc workbook I'm using. That contains the current roster, the waiting list, a sheet that will eventually hold any users removed for inactivity, and two other sheets showing off prize cars that help me manage the garage from time to time.

Something to note about the roster: I update that sheet once a day, with maybe a few quick updates throughout the day to quickly update dates for active members. However, it's not meant to be used as a daily monitoring tool. Rather, it's simply meant to monitor activity just enough to tell if someone's been around in the last two weeks. For that reason, don't get up in arms over any of that data if it seems off. Chances are any errors will be corrected in the days that follow.

The more red there is by a user's name, the more likely they are to be considered for removal when we go through and remove users for inactivity to make room for people on the waiting list. While there is an order in the waiting list, the order of new invites may be different based on the other data I'm recording. The first wave of those removals/invites will likely happen within the next few days.

#173 Posted by enthalpy (35 posts) -

If possible, I'd be appreciative of your consideration for the waiting list for some GB Car Club action! As a side note, turns out this invite request format is in Emily Post. Who knew?

I'm not particularly fast nor am I in a time zone where I can appreciate race night for the foreseeable future, but I'm really enjoying this Forza iteration and I'd love to get in and drop some blazing (plodding) rival/Weekly Challenge times on you jerks (wonderful people) and hopefully learn some things from you fast cats. My gamertag is stemplaza.

#174 Posted by Renahzor (1001 posts) -

Last night I started scrolling through leaderboards and setting times for circuit tracks where GB club has none set yet. In about an hour I was able to improve our circuit club ranking to 50 from 56. Anyone who's bored and wants to try out some new tracks or cars should just scroll through, find tracks with no times (or only dirty lap times) set and run a couple quick laps. You don't get driver level or anything but it's certainly fun. Test track seems to me nearly entirely empty of times in most classes on many configurations!

On the car/garage issue, I was thinking of doing a weekly review of a specific car from the garage to give people an idea of the performance etc, or maybe a weekly top pick or something. In addition, only my chevy Spark seems to be decently tuned from the number of people using it, many seem to have used it for Rivals mode which is great!

If anyone wants to do some tuning I have 2 other cars that are likely very lackluster in the tuning dept, my Chie Lexus IS-F (A600, needs to have forza splitter and rear wing aero upgrades, don't care about the rest) and my "Gambler" Nissan GTR which is S class. If anyone has some good tunes for those 2 cars I'd update them and hopefully get them some more use!

#175 Edited by Trace (3577 posts) -

OK, as of 16 or so hours ago, the black box issue appears to be fixed for our shared garage.

Let me reiterate a few points before anyone goes nuts sharing cars: The shared garage is only useful for rivals mode, multiplayer, and leaderboards. It won't help anyone out with World Tour or the events list.

It's safe to say that the crux for most of these modes is PI. If you're sharing a car that hasn't been tuned to the top of its class (with a few minor exceptions up in the R3-R1 range), expect it to come under scrutiny. Shared cars that are completely stock will be removed, as there's no point to sharing a car you could otherwise select in these modes.

Yes, that means if you're sharing a unicorn car, you should upgrade it to the peak of one of the classes.

Bias will be given to cars with awesome user-made designs, but don't assume an awesome design will be enough to save something like a car set up at B423. PI is still king.

We have 200 garage slots. That means an average of two cars per member. If you're sharing two or more cars, they should be be competitive and of decent quality; otherwise, you're depriving other members of spaces they could use to share cool cars.

...and yes, before anyone asks, I've removed my ADF drift car for the time being, as it wasn't at the peak of A Class. I'll add it back once I'm comfortable with its upgrades.

#176 Posted by Trucker_Sean (46 posts) -

@Renahzor said:

Last night I started scrolling through leaderboards and setting times for circuit tracks where GB club has none set yet. In about an hour I was able to improve our circuit club ranking to 50 from 56. Anyone who's bored and wants to try out some new tracks or cars should just scroll through, find tracks with no times (or only dirty lap times) set and run a couple quick laps. You don't get driver level or anything but it's certainly fun. Test track seems to me nearly entirely empty of times in most classes on many configurations!

Yes! I did this a few days ago on all the E class tracks and it made a big difference in not only my overall circuit leaderboard ranking, but it took the club's overall rankings up a few notches too. Definitely something to think about.

#177 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

How does one go about locating unicorn cars in the auction house? I noticed there is a tab that says "Unicorn cars only" (or something resembling that), but when I go there the search results are blank. Am I doing it wrong?

#178 Posted by Renahzor (1001 posts) -

@matt_wickstrom: They are only put up rarely, so keep checking there if you have tons of credits (I assume less than 10M wont come close to buying one at this point). Alternatively join the community race things from T10 and hope!

#179 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

@Renahzor said:

@matt_wickstrom: They are only put up rarely, so keep checking there if you have tons of credits (I assume less than 10M wont come close to buying one at this point). Alternatively join the community race things from T10 and hope!

I have a serious problem with saving up credits. This presents quite the dilemma. I'll be keeping an eye out for community events for sure now!

Plus I'm still waiting on my unicorn car for preordering the game...

#180 Edited by Trace (3577 posts) -

You might not be successful getting a unicorn car through the auction house at this point. There's apparently a glitch where certain users have inadvertently received a billion credits for doing something that apparently might not be sleazy or improper. While Turn 10's supposedly cautioned people against using these ill-gotten gains on their forums, you can bet that such advice will be promptly ignored by the majority.

Seems like there's a lot on Turn 10's plate to fix or rectify right now.

#181 Posted by FrostTee (31 posts) -

@PsEG: Hiya, would love a invite when there is space, GTag: Frost Tee.

Cheers

#182 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

Righto. With Frost Tee on the waiting list, it stands 28 people strong. Now that we're getting away from the fervor of Forza 4's release, the weekly culling process will slowly begin.

Provided the users I've looked into don't suddenly become active, There will be a rough turnover of five removals and five invites over the next few days. Those who just barely missed getting into the club should be prepared to accept invites within the very same time period.

In addition, since I don't see anyone beyond Jeff and gpbmike on the Whiskey staff playing Forza 4 (and Ryan didn't accept an invite), I've opened up the reserved staff spot and fired off an invite to a specific user on the waiting list who appears to be extremely devoted to Forza. Hopefully forzamotorsport.net isn't lying to me.

#183 Posted by enthalpy (35 posts) -

@enthalpy said:

If possible, I'd be appreciative of your consideration for the waiting list for some GB Car Club action! As a side note, turns out this invite request format is in Emily Post. Who knew?

I'm not particularly fast nor am I in a time zone where I can appreciate race night for the foreseeable future, but I'm really enjoying this Forza iteration and I'd love to get in and drop some blazing (plodding) rival/Weekly Challenge times on you jerks (wonderful people) and hopefully learn some things from you fast cats. My gamertag is stemplaza.

I don't mean to just bump my request here, but I think you may have missed me with the latest waiting list add. Could I please be tacked on to the waiting list? If there's a particular reason to keep me off, that's fine, but please let me know if that's the case. :) Thanks!

#184 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

I figured this would be the best place to let people know, I currently have a selection of Drag cars specced to its class (so far, F / A / S / R3 Class) to start getting us competitive on the Drag leaderboard. (if there is a specific class of car anyone would like in the Shared Garage I'll get on that ASAP)

Also if anyone is a better painter than I am, I would be grateful for a more professionally done paint job. (I'm looking for a design all the cars will share and the base or highlight colours will reflect the class it belongs to Dark Red for A-Class for example). I'll gift over the cars if you need to work on them directly. Though I'd like to see some of your work beforehand :)

Thanks.

#185 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@enthalpy: Whoops! Yeah, I did end up missing you while getting caught up writing about the garage bug. Sorry about that!

#186 Edited by subyman (669 posts) -

@PsEG Go ahead and throw me on that list as well. I'll be playing for quite sometime, so its no bother to wait it out. Thanks

EDIT: I guess you need my gamertag: Trappeys

#187 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Just picked up Forza today, I'd be interested in joining up and contributing as I'll be playing a lot but as stated its no rush, GT is ModerateThreat, I like driving '69 chargers, long walks on the beach and I'll be making all my old designs from Forza 3 again, look forward to playing with guys here.

#188 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

I've got some cars that are x-classable. will others helping out in your endeavor help?

#189 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@mfpantst: If you really want to upgrade a car to X Class and set some times, that'd be fine, but hotlapping in that level of car is slightly less fun than sitting at the movie rendering screen in replays. Don't ever feel obligated to do so unless you're terribly bored.

Plus, we're ahead of almost all the clubs I wanted to be ahead of at this point on the overall circuit leaderboard, with the exception of an achievements website club or two, so there's not a pressing urge to drastically cut our time with leaderboards we'll never touch again.

#190 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

K so I haven't played Forza in a few days.. Battlefield and all.

I will try to make it on friday morning to thursday night race night, and beat your times on Fuj

#191 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

It's becoming somewhat of a bad habit as of recent, but the first post could use a little updating. I'll get to that soon™.

So! Update on the membership situation. A few of the most inactive users were removed, with two users semi-protected because I know them, despite their inactivity. While they're not completely safe, I'm going to give them another week or two to see if they have time for Forza. If not, they'll be booted to open up space.

Three invites have been sent out, and as of this writing, none of them have been accepted. I'll give those invites another day or two, and then I'll continue down the waiting list and fire off more invites for those spots. Until these three spots are filled, I have no intention of removing any more potentially inactive members.

Now, I have a few tips for those of you on the waiting list looking to get in:

PsEG's Tips for Waiting List Success

1. Continue to play Forza. That doesn't mean you have to be leveling all the time, much less some of the time, but I think I've found a way to determine whether or not a user has been active recently, and it makes my ability to track users a lot easier.
  2. Upload a picture to your storefront. It doesn't have to be special or anything -- just upload a picture and let it sit there. Sometimes forzamotorsport.net won't tell me what level you are, or if you belong to a club. I've found a way around this, though! If you have a photo in your storefront, I can search for that and discover your current driver level and club membership that way.
  3. If you're in a club right now and it's just a temporary club you made/joined while waiting for a GB club invite, post in here and let me know! You'll still get an invite eventually either way, but I might delay sending you an invite over someone who doesn't belong to any club. After all, how am I to know you didn't give up on joining Giant Bomb? It wouldn't surprise me, given how long it's been for a few of you. If I've already passed you over on the waiting list because I saw you were already in a club, letting me know you're looking to leave that club for GB will typically put you next in line for an invite.

Hopefully that's all clear and coherent, given that it's late and my vision's blurring. Also, apologies in advance if I've passed you over on the waiting list because I assumed you gave up on us and joined another club.

#192 Posted by FrostTee (31 posts) -

@PsEG: Thanks for the update, I'm currently in a club waiting for a Giant Bomb Club invite.

Cheers

#193 Posted by eXists (137 posts) -

@PsEG Please add me on that list as well. I'm in for the long run especially with the major investment I made: a Forza PlaySeat and the Fanatec CSR Wheel/Pedals/Gearbox! :-)

GamerTag: tsarIvan

#194 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

Unfair, short warning: I want to fill the two vacant spots in our club that have been sitting there for almost a week, and I'm getting the feeling that the beginning of the waiting list is chock full of people who have already moved on from Forza. For that reason, I just finished sending out a FRENZY of invites (i.e., six) down the waiting list. First two to accept get the spots. If both spots remain open when I do my Saturday check, six more invites will go out.

Nobody will lose their spot in line for not getting to one of these invites fast enough, unless I go around at the next wave and Forza tells me you already have a GB club invite pending, which means you didn't touch it at all.

#195 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

OK, one more update before I shut my yapper for another week or so. The two open spots have been taken by Flaime92 and Devil240Z. Because of the time it took to fill these spaces, the next round of boots/invites will take place sometime next week (I'm thinking Friday, November 11th). Expect up to ten spots to change hands, given the level of inactivity I'm seeing right now.

I've also learned, based on how much time it took to fill three bloody spots in the club, that our waiting list may be full of inactive users. That makes turnover really annoying to deal with, especially when there's potentially a bunch of users at the bottom of the waiting list who are continuing to play Forza and be awesome. From here on out, anyone on the waiting list who appears to be inactive in Forza for over a month or doesn't respond to invite attempts may be bumped to the back of the line or removed from the waiting list entirely.

Finally, there's a new mission up. If you bought the November DLC, there's a Rivals event I'd like you to take part in. I think our club garage needs a BMW M3-GTR, because the humor in Falcon's frustration has completely worn out.

#196 Posted by ApolloJ85 (242 posts) -

@PsEG: Hey, I'd like to be added to the waiting list. Just got the game, intending on playing it quite regularly for quite some time. I've already posted a time in the bmw rivals event, so fingers crossed i'm a lucky winner...

GT: Texas Hogride

#197 Edited by Devil240Z (3442 posts) -

Right in the club now. Basically just doing rivals now. See you guys on thursday.

Oh also when I am playing online I am usually in "E Class Circuit"

#198 Posted by JohnLocke (274 posts) -

Hey, I am in the club (Garfield, I have had a name change here). So to remain in the GB club I basically need to keep playing the game? Or are there other requirements to be involved in the club?

#199 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@JohnLocke said:

Hey, I am in the club (Garfield, I have had a name change here). So to remain in the GB club I basically need to keep playing the game? Or are there other requirements to be involved in the club?

In short: Playing Forza 4 at least once every two weeks would be advisable to staying in the club, yes, since there's a lot of people who'd like a spot. It's not so much a requirement as an attempt to keep the club full of as many active users as possible.

In long:

Users who have been inactive in Forza for more than 15 days may be removed to make room for people who are waiting to get into the club. Right now there's 29 people who are waiting for a spot in our club, and the cycle of removing idle users and inviting new people will continue until everyone who's asked to get into our club has been given an opportunity to join.

I monitor club activity daily, using driver level to measure a player's activity. If a player's level hasn't changed in over 15 days, I might investigate their activity further (through leaderboards, uploads, storefronts, etc.) to see if there's any proof they've been playing the game recently. If I can't find any evidence, I may remove the person from the club. The process is also slightly biased by level in comparison to the rest of the club, so lower-level users will likely be kicked faster than higher-level users.

Really, it boils down to whether you've been active in Forza. If you have, you should be fine. If not...well, if someone else wants in, and you haven't been playing for a while anyways, then surely an active player would appreciate the spot in the club more, right? You can always ask to rejoin once you're active in Forza again.

#200 Posted by JohnLocke (274 posts) -

@PsEG said:

@JohnLocke said:

In short: Playing Forza 4 at least once every two weeks would be advisable to staying in the club, yes, since there's a lot of people who'd like a spot. It's not so much a requirement as an attempt to keep the club full of as many active users as possible.

In long:

Users who have been inactive in Forza for more than 15 days may be removed to make room for people who are waiting to get into the club. Right now there's 29 people who are waiting for a spot in our club, and the cycle of removing idle users and inviting new people will continue until everyone who's asked to get into our club has been given an opportunity to join.

I monitor club activity daily, using driver level to measure a player's activity. If a player's level hasn't changed in over 15 days, I might investigate their activity further (through leaderboards, uploads, storefronts, etc.) to see if there's any proof they've been playing the game recently. If I can't find any evidence, I may remove the person from the club. The process is also slightly biased by level in comparison to the rest of the club, so lower-level users will likely be kicked faster than higher-level users.

Really, it boils down to whether you've been active in Forza. If you have, you should be fine. If not...well, if someone else wants in, and you haven't been playing for a while anyways, then surely an active player would appreciate the spot in the club more, right? You can always ask to rejoin once you're active in Forza again.

That is completly reasonable to me, just so I know, will we get any warning if we are about to be kicked (I ask as I would love to stay in the club but with some of the big games coming around I am unsure if I will have plenty of time to get my level up in Forza 4).

But that aside, kudos to you for keeping this club going and making the Forza experience for users such as myself more enjoyable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.