Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

Video of Kinect Head Tracking

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By 617_jbug

This is from Inside Xbox.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

doesn't this just shit on Shift 2? (assuming it works)

If it does work, I'm fucking getting a kinect. Sorry guys.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

This is one game where I can believe the "works better with kinect" on the box.  It works a lot better than I would have imagined.. 
    But there still needs to be some actual games for me to be interested, I wouldn't buy one just because of this.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bubahula

i probably just don't understand how it works, but when i turn my head left or right, does that mean i am looking out of the corner of my eye to see whats on the screen?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Bubahula: I think it's meant more for slight movements, such as leaning your head when you're turning corners.  Not super useful, but it helps create a more realistic experience.
    Using it to actually look out of the side windows would really require 3 tv's..
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm nit into realistic racing games so I'm not sure if this is what fans want. Just looking from the outside though it looks pretty cool and I hope Kinect improves on what other games have tried with a regular camera.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zombie2011
    @Bubahula said:
    i probably just don't understand how it works, but when i turn my head left or right, does that mean i am looking out of the corner of my eye to see whats on the screen?
    Your not turning your head that much, when you drive a car, to look in your side mirrors you only move your head slightly. Same concept here.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

It's definitely very interesting to see someone using Kinect as a game enhancer as opposed to the game being totally centered around Kinect.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By trace

This could be pretty useful for Forza 4. The default in-car view doesn't always have the mirrors in-frame, depending on what car you're using. Alleviating that matter would be rather nice, as it's one of the main reasons I refuse to use in-car in multiplayer racing, where mirrors are a must (unless you like closing the door forcefully in turns and getting hit unexpectedly).

As for whether this is something players would actually want, I have to imagine that if TrackIR and its headtracking became a thing for the PC, which it did, this Kinect functionality will be no different.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Sin4profit

Boy that Bridget's got a mouth on'er...family show indeed. 

I'm curious as to the quality of head tracking using the Kinect so this'll be interesting to me. Maybe i'll play Forza 4 in cockpit view if it works well enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Looks laggy. Also, the pedals moving when the guy brakes in the video shows how seriously you should take it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.