Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 5

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Forza Motorsport's debut on the Xbox One.

Permanently cut prices and more in upcoming update.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By falconer

UPDATE - Here is Turn 10's weekly community post and includes all of the information straight from them. It sounds like more math was put into this update and the cut prices just average out to 45%.

Everyone's favorite video game front man Dan Greenawalt (that was sarcasm, fyi) spoke to IGN about an update coming to Forza 5 this month.

• 45% cut from on disc car prices (average)
    • 50%+ credit payout
    • Drag Race and Tag modes return to Forza

That's a pretty dramatic change to the in game economy. I'm curious if this price change will apply to DLC cars. Will they automatically come in at this cut price?

Like all other launch games, Forza 5 was clearly rushed out the door. But that doesn't excuse the fifth game in the franchise for missing key game types and features. That being said, it's nice to see them adding Virus Tag within a month of release.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 bigsocrates  Online

They're listening to the community and responding. It doesn't excuse the BS condition the game launched in, but it's much better than the alternative. If you love Forza this is nothing but a step in the right direction.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#censorship

Whatever happened to freedom of speech in the once great US OF A?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is nice to see that a lot of criticism actually can change all this Stuff. Microsoft or better Turn 10 had to react to the outrage and that is a good thing.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Still no proper free play mode.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

If Microsoft were a Doctor they would be fired and probably jailed for murdering patients promising to get it right next time.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who hasn't played alot of Forza before, I'm really enjoying my progression in Forza 5. I already feel like I'm earning enough credits after each series to buy a new car for the next series, but I do get about +20% bonus on assists and +20% on drivatar difficulty.

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Grnd_Lb_Knt

So their whole idea of EXCLUSIVITY and OWNERSHIP with these cars is pretty much out-the-window, right? Because of that sale, and tokens I feel like I already own more cars than I'm going to use. And now they are doing that permanently.

@isomeri said:

Still no proper free play mode.

I think if they just would have added this, adjusted the tokens, and added in the rest-of-the-game, everything would have been mostly okay.

But I'm glad they are listening. I'm glad they are able to get out new content while adjusting the economy.

It is a shame how all this takes the focus off of the core of the game. The driving is REALLY good and so is the sound design. I'm glad they are being responsive and nimble as most software companies are required to be now-a-days

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

#censorship

Whatever happened to freedom of speech in the once great US OF A?

What?

@falconer said:

That's a pretty dramatic change to the in game economy. I'm curious if this price change will apply to DLC cars. Will they automatically come in at this cut price?

I think that the game has paid DLC at all is kind of scummy. Say what you will about the implementation of microtransactions in Mass Effect 3, but at least they made all the multiplayer DLC free. I think for Forza they should have the same model apply to every car in the game, whether it be on the disc or not. If they are going to give you the option to pay real money for the stuff that's on the disc, you should conversely have the option to unlock DLC cars with in game currency. If you have to pay for the DLC and then pay credits (or more money) to unlock the car in game, that is just real shitty.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So that's 50% extra for my difficulty settings, 50% extra for the VIP pack, and 50% faster on top of that too. Plus the rewards payouts (3 million credits so far). Looks like I'm going shopping.

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If Microsoft turned the Xbox One into the Xbox One-80, is this Turn 10 pulling a J-Turn 10? OK that was bad...

Glad to see the changes, I had been complaining about this here and on twitter for a while now, even convinced a friend to return his copy (would have been his first Forza game, not the right way to start), but my chief issue with free to play mode is still not addressed. Still an improvement at least. Will fire it back up once I finish AC4.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By spraynardtatum

How nice of them. Turn 10 are heroes...... yay.......this means they care......

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm one of the few who actually prefers progression as it is now. This isn't going to ruin my experience as I just like driving the cars, tuning and hot lapping, but I really enjoyed not having a billion cars in my garage like I did in FM4. FM5 forced me to make tough decisions and stick with them. I kind of enjoyed that. But I'll happily take one for the team if it means more people will play and enjoy the game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[...]Honestly if you look at free-to-play games they usually have things called paywalls, where you're slowly wearing something down and the only way to get around it is to pay. That's not what we implemented in Forza 4 and that wasn't our goal in Forza 5 either. We don't have paywalls. We have acceleration, and that was based on feedback from players in Forza 4 - there's a small group of players that can't be bothered to do things and they have disposable income. They're the sim guys in a lot of cases. They don't want to do the career, and they don't value those aspects, and that's alright by me. With Forza 4 we had car tokens that range from one dollar to three dollars - the most expensive car was ten million credits in game, and it only cost three car tokens which would have been three dollars. That felt like it was not making the car exclusive enough for those who are willing to pay. So we made car tokens equal to credits - it's not about making more money, it was actually about saving people's time when doing the grind.

From the eurogamer article.

Does he seriously expect anyone to believe tokens and booster packs were put in the game for the sole purpose of saving the time of "a small group of players that can't be bothered to do things"? Really? Does he think his audience is that fucking naive?

What the fuck.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ericdrum

@slashdance: I don't think Dan is trying to sell us that it's the sole purpose. I mean obviously, they get paid money for doing it and I'm sure that it's enough to make it more than worth their while. Is there a false barrier for not paying for tokens or boosters though? I don't think so at all.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@ll_exile_ll: *shrugs* That's the way it's always worked. Doesn't bother me.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@ripelivejam: All he seems to do is troll in topics about Xbox. Ignore him.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ericdrum said:

I'm one of the few who actually prefers progression as it is now. This isn't going to ruin my experience as I just like driving the cars, tuning and hot lapping, but I really enjoyed not having a billion cars in my garage like I did in FM4. FM5 forced me to make tough decisions and stick with them. I kind of enjoyed that. But I'll happily take one for the team if it means more people will play and enjoy the game.

Agreed, I enjoy having a small stable of only the cars I really love.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlashDance
    @ericdrum said:

@slashdance: I don't think Dan is trying to sell us that it's the sole purpose. I mean obviously, they get paid money for doing it and I'm sure that it's enough to make it more than worth their while. Is there a false barrier for not paying for tokens or boosters though? I don't think so at all.

Saying "it's not about making more money" is a blatant lie. It's absolutely the only reason this shit is in the game at all. If they want to save people's time, they can put in cheat codes. I hate the idea that cheat codes would somehow break the game, but as soon as you make people pay to do exactly that then it's suddenly okay.

sushix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They wouldn't have to do anything with the economy if they just unlocked all stock versions of cars for use like F4.

At least tag modes are coming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.