Fracture Review (IGN)

#1 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
5.9, ouch. Will read the review later but that's disappointing. I enjoyed the demo somewhat and was going to rent it.
#2 Posted by jangofett88 (324 posts) -

That's gonna hurt in the morning.

#3 Posted by manwithnoname (23 posts) -

The Destructoid review was worse. They gave it a 2.0

#4 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

Pretty much what I expected. My thoughts on this were "This is going to be just liek Haze". That's what I think of Dead Space, too. I think Dead Space has a better chance of being non-Haze though. A bit.

#5 Posted by Snail (8467 posts) -

I wonder why doesn't this surprise me, it is the same feeling I had when Mercs 2 came out (note the sarcasm).

#6 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

After playing the demo this doesn't surprise me.. which sucks because i had some hope for it back when it was announced.

#7 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
manwithnoname said:
"The Destructoid review was worse. They gave it a 2.0"
Another one of Jim Sterling's bitchfests? I don't care who the reviewer was, really, and I have no faith in this game nor do I care about it, but it definitely wasn't a 2.
#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Anyone who is surprised with this review and any other review has been sitting with their heads in the dirt. There was never any doubt in my mind that this game would be anything more than average. You can try to surprise me, but you will fail.

#9 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -

I played the demo and liked it, so it might be a good buy when the price goes down a bit.

Kush said:

"Anyone who is surprised with this review and any other review has been sitting with their heads in the dirt. There was never any doubt in my mind that this game would be anything more than average. You can try to surprise me, but you will fail.
2.0 is not average. A 2.0 is incredibly low. I do not feel that many games hit this mark, and especially I do not think so after playing that demo.
#10 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

I'd assume everyone should of expected this. But no even if dead space isn't absolutely amazing I'm pretty sure it won't be quite this bad., and from what I've seen it looks awesome to me anyway.

#11 Posted by John (828 posts) -

Yeah that demo was wonky anyway. No surprise here.

#12 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

This game has looked terrible from the start. Any time a game is based around a single gimmick, it is destined to fail.

#13 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

I'll still give it a rent.

#14 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -
Joker said:
"I played the demo and liked it, so it might be a good buy when the price goes down a bit.

Kush said:
"Anyone who is surprised with this review and any other review has been sitting with their heads in the dirt. There was never any doubt in my mind that this game would be anything more than average. You can try to surprise me, but you will fail.
2.0 is not average. A 2.0 is incredibly low. I do not feel that many games hit this mark, and especially I do not think so after playing that demo."
Yeah, even if the game never got any better than that demo it's not as if the game is horribly broken or anything. Like a lot of gaming blogs, Destructoid are pretty bitchy and arrogant.
#15 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

damn the demo was reall  good, what happend? =/

#16 Edited by Max_Chill (162 posts) -
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"damn the demo was reall  good, what happend? =/"
LMAO!!! WHat?? 

anyways, thought it was gonna get a 6 or 7s......but 2s and 5s..........meh, who cares
#17 Posted by zitosilva (1837 posts) -

2 seems to be a little low. But I never expected it to be any good. It's a boring concept in itself.

But I still have high hopes for Dead Space.

#18 Edited by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

I kind of expected as much after playing the demo. A 2.0 is pretty harsh though. I would've given the demo a 6.0.

#19 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

IGN sucks.

#20 Posted by ZeroCast (1870 posts) -
Kush said:
Well actaully this was a surprise because the game looked like it had lots of potential.
#21 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
Solid_SnakeXx said:
Ok, now i know your completly out of your mind. Sell your copy of MGS4 and Gears of War, you dont deserve to play them.
#22 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"Solid_SnakeXx said:
Ok, now i know your completly out of your mind. Sell your copy of MGS4 and Gears of War, you dont deserve to play them."

Yeah, fuck him for enjoying a video game, right?

NEEEeeeEEEEEeeeEERDS!!!!

#23 Posted by PJ (1137 posts) -

I expected more but doesnt really come as a huge shock but still a bit surprised. Stll might check out the game if the story is somewhat good.

#24 Posted by ObsideonDarman (634 posts) -

And I thought this Game was going to be Good....Ah well

#25 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

The game looked interesting for multiplayer with the terrain deformation feature, but other than that...it seemed like terrain deformation was the only thing it had going for it.  An interesting new mechanic to add another layer in the shooter market...but sadly, the game just didn't have any personality from what I saw of it.  =  /

#26 Posted by Knives (698 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"I'll still give it a rent."
Of course you will. You're open minded about shitty "next-gen" games, but fuck the Wii, right?
#27 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

I was definitely getting the 'Haze' vibe from this.

#28 Posted by Nik_NYG (558 posts) -

I thought the demo was about as exciting as the WNBA.

#29 Posted by MKHavoc (1305 posts) -

I was always on the fence about that game.  It looked a little to gimmicky.  Now I'll make sure I stay away from it.

#30 Posted by Alphazero (1530 posts) -

I've played most of the way through the first act, and I gotta tell ya... I like it. Not the most original gameplay in the world, but the terrain deformation bits are fun, you get in some fast paced firefights that I liked... throwing up some cover whenever you need it is interesting. The weapon variety is great. I particularly like the Black Widow and the funny Bugs Bunny tunneling torpedo gun.

It doesn't feel as deep as Gears of War, character-wise or gameplay-wise, but this is a fun game. A 20% review is crazy to me.

Three (wait for it) and a half stars. 70%. Fun.

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

We just got 4 copies of Fracture in at work for the customers to try out, so I'm going to brave the supposed horrificness of it and write a review up since there are none to be seen so far.

If you don't see me again...ah, hell...y'all will just party about it.  = P
#32 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Braved the first act of the game.  Think it's enough to give a fair review of it, given that it seems there isn't much else to the game.

Review should be up in the next couple days.
#33 Posted by Tearhead (2102 posts) -
Tarsier said:
"Not surprised.. =p"
Me either. Plus the demo was just "eh". Just like the Gamespot review said "... the reality is you'll raise the ground to reach ledges and lower it to get under some walls, but not much else." When this game was first announced I was kinda excited, but they didn't take the "I can control terrain!" thing as far as it could have gone.
#34 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Didn't everyone expect this sort of response anyway. Its a shame it did turn out that way because it looked like it could have been an interesting game and the video special feature for it that came with Too Human definately made it look promising. On the plus side, one less game that comes into consideration for my money which is handy with all the other great looking games coming out soon on my radar.

#35 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Got my review up.  Hope it helps people know not to buy this game.

In other news, what I didn't say in my review is that the first 2 and a half hours or so can net you an easy and solid 300+ gamer points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.