Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Franchise Reboot

Concept »

The idea of taking an existing franchise and starting over from scratch, overhauling the gameplay and sometimes going so far as to remove it from any connection to previous games in a series. Such is sometimes done when attempting to revitalize a franchise that is showing its age and has fallen into disfavor.

Favourite 2013 reboot

• 54 results
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Poll Favourite 2013 reboot (207 votes)

DmC Devil May Cry 29%
    Killer Instinct 3%
    Rise of the Triad 3%
    Shadow Warrior 3%
    Tomb Raider 50%
    other... 11%
     • 
    Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For me, it was Tomb Raider, easily.

I know it was a reboot, of the series, but it was the first game in the series that I played all the way through. I tried Tomb Raider: Legend, but I didn't finish it. I felt that game was mediocre.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@altairre said:

Difficult choice between DMC and Tomb Raider but I'll go with Tomb Raider. You could do some really cool stuff in DMC though.

Loading Video...

Had the same dilemma and came to the same conclusion. I really enjoyed both games, thought they were fantastic reboots, but Tomb Raider just had more meat on those bones. I'd go as far as to say Tomb Raider is probably my Top 3 for this year.

dionysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Tomb Raider reboot was the first Tomb Raider game I've actually enjoyed thoroughly enough to finish. As far as a reboot goes, that's about as good as they could do... To be fair though, I haven't played enough of the other games to form any sort of opinion about them at all ...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I wish Tomb Raider was longer and more open. It was fine as a straight shot shooter with some stealth and traversal elements, but I feel its combat, which was actually quite fantastic, was wasted by its linearity. It doesn't have to be the Far Cry 3-type of open, but more open area encounters like that one ambush part would've made it alot more memorable. Very much looking forward to the next one. I really do hope there is a next one!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.