does it make me a bad person to look forward to free realms

#1 Edited by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I'm not joking I actually think free realms when it's on the ps3 looks fun
I don't know its free and you can be a chef or miner or postman or ninja it actually looks fun

#2 Posted by MrGetBonus (782 posts) -

Yes, yes it does.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8024 posts) -

No sir, it could actually be really awesome, even though I wish for a EQOA 2.

#4 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

Yeah I'll definitely give it a try but I don't wanna get sucked it, seems far better than Home neways

#5 Posted by bjacobs (19 posts) -

I wish this site had a thumbs-up like facebook does, because I would give this thread one :D

#6 Posted by pissedoffthewitch (516 posts) -

Isnt that a kids game

#7 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
pissedoffthewitch said:
"Isnt that a kids game "
it looks like a kids game but it also look pretty fun
#8 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'm interested to see how it turns out on PS3, but it probably won't be appealing in a game-sense to me.

#9 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
Diamond said:
"I'm interested to see how it turns out on PS3, but it probably won't be appealing in a game-sense to me."
have you seen some of these videos they've been putting out? some of them seem like lots of fun actually
#10 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
trophyhunter said:
"Diamond said:
"I'm interested to see how it turns out on PS3, but it probably won't be appealing in a game-sense to me."
have you seen some of these videos they've been putting out? some of them seem like lots of fun actually "
It feels like the entire world is such a cash in type experience.  Rips off WoW, and then they go the extra mile to rip off any other potential thing teens would want to sink their parent's money into.  I think the full thing is out on PC right now, but on PC there are already a lot of experiences like it, I'm curious how it'll feel as a PS3 game, and it'll be kind of unique in that way.
#11 Posted by DoMiNiC147 (25 posts) -

Never heard of it I'll have to look it up.

#12 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
Diamond said:
"trophyhunter said:
"Diamond said:
have you seen some of these videos they've been putting out? some of them seem like lots of fun actually "
It feels like the entire world is such a cash in type experience.  Rips off WoW, and then they go the extra mile to rip off any other potential thing teens would want to sink their parent's money into.  I think the full thing is out on PC right now, but on PC there are already a lot of experiences like it, I'm curious how it'll feel as a PS3 game, and it'll be kind of unique in that way."
but its free how could you sink money into something that is free
and yeah its a rip-off of wow,cooking mama,bejeweled,paperboy,mario kart, and couple other things but its all in one with character you made lol

#13 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
trophyhunter said:
"Diamond said:
"trophyhunter said:
"Diamond said:
It feels like the entire world is such a cash in type experience.  Rips off WoW, and then they go the extra mile to rip off any other potential thing teens would want to sink their parent's money into.  I think the full thing is out on PC right now, but on PC there are already a lot of experiences like it, I'm curious how it'll feel as a PS3 game, and it'll be kind of unique in that way."
but its free how could you sink money into something that is free and yeah its a rip-off of wow,cooking mama,bejeweled,paperboy,mario kart, and couple other things but its all in one with character you made lol "
Because they're going to charge you for tons of good items and neat things.  It's one of those MMOs that get money by selling people items and objects.
#14 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

Plus there is a tie in CCG! I have played some, and it feels like they threw in everything but the kitchen sink. The way it downloads as you play was also not doing it for me, as it kept messing up my Pandora stream.

#15 Posted by PenguinDust (12558 posts) -

According to John Davison from whattheyplay.com, it definitely has a family-friendly focus, but that doesn't mean it's just for kids.  Like good Disney/Pixar movies the MMO is designed to appeal to both kids and their parents.  Sure, the UI is very WOW, but there are dozens and dozens of other free-to-play MMOs who also mirror WOW's interface.  Would you want to learn a completely new UI for something you may only play for a half-hour from time to time?  Each of the professions have their own group of mini-games based off popular casual games.  At the very least, you could use the game world as a hub for playing Bejeweled, Mario Cart, Cooking Mama and all the other mini-games. 

I'm interested in the game, as well.  Really, would you rather dance by a fountain in HOME or go play Diner Dash in Free Realms?

#16 Posted by Altered_Confusion (197 posts) -
chililili said:
"Yeah I'll definitely give it a try but I don't wanna get sucked it, seems far better than Home neways"
I completely agree. At the bare minimum it has a point to why you'd be using it, and fingers crossed, you're not having to download something everytime you go to a different area.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.