Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Freedom Fighters

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 01, 2003

Freedom Fighters is an alternate history squad-based shooter from IO Interactive, critically hailed for its simple yet deep squad mechanics.

They should do a Freedom Fighters quick look.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

It should be on either September 11th, or the 4th of July. Also, not concerning a quick look, I think they need to re-release this game on the current consoles with updated graphics, to tell fans "Hey, guess what!? We're finally making a sequel!" There needs to be a sequel! This game was so good, I remember playing it back in 04 around my 14th birthday, my brother bought this, and I got Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox. I wasn't exactly interested in playing Freedom Fighters, as I couldn't really get the handle of it on the PS2 when it came out in 03 when we rented it from a local Hollywood video, but as many may have had problems with Ninja Gaiden since it's known to be difficult, I simply stopped playing it because I got to one of the bosses and I didn't know that I could upgrade, so there was no way I was going to make it through.  

Anyways, I stopped playing Ninja Gaiden, and started playing Freedom Fighters, that game quickly grew on me, and it turned out I missed on a fantastic game from the year before because I just didn't want to learn how to play it with my puny little brain power. After I beat Freedom Fighters, again, and again, I had finally got back, and played Ninja Gaiden through, finally noticing that I could upgrade once I went back. I had a great birthday. Yes, Freedom Fighters, amazing. If you haven't played it, go buy it if you can find it. Its 720p backwards compatible on 360, find it on PC, or try to play it on your Wii if you have it on gamecube, or play it on a backwards compatible PS3 if you have it on PS2, or if you're still playing your PS2, get it on that. It's too good to be missed. I think I may just take it out and play it very soon here. 

There's nothing for me to celebrate - they'll be back - with bigger guns and more soldiers.  
    -- Chris Stone hinting that there'll be a sequel in 2007. 

Oh wait... I guess there really wasn't anything to celebrate after all.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It was a great game. I'd love to play a sequel.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Goly

Yup the game was the shit. And it usually it takes a couple games in a franchise for IO to get it right (remember the first Hitman? Or more recently Kane and Lynch, those games are awful) but Freedom Fighters was nearly flawless.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ramone

This is one of the few games that I genuinely believe need a sequel. I effin loved this game back in the day

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO

I have a sealed copy collecting dust on my shelf.  

Is it worth opening, or should I just let it's value go up?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM
    @EVO: Open it up. By now, I don't think you'll be able to get a lot of money off of it. It'll be years until that happens. It's a must play.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

I loved everything about Freedom Fighters. It is one of the few games I have played over and over and over again. Unfortunately I think it has joined The Suffering in the stable of modust commercial successes which will probably never get a proper sequel.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM
    @CenturionCajun: At least The Suffering got a sequel, but I understand how you feel.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

If only.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.