Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Freedom Wars

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 26, 2014

A hunter style action RPG for the PlayStation Vita develop by Sony's Japan Studio, Dimps Corporation, and Shift.

Anyone picking up Freedom Wars?

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I've been looking forward to this game all year and it finally comes out next week!

If you don't know it's a Monster Hunter style game with future teen prisoners using the mobility stuff from Attack on Titan to fight giant monsters on the Vita.

Here's Chris from Gamespot looking at the game at E3.

MrRojan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmm.. Probably won't have anybody to play with me though.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, looks like one of those games that will be great to play for a bit before bed.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

I was thinking of picking it up, I really like the way it looks. But I've never played a Hunter style game before and I don't have any friends I could play this with so I may wait and see.

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking it up when it's out in the UK. Looks great. The Vita is such a great system -- it's a shame to see these kinds of games get released relatively unnoticed. Here in the UK Ive seen there's apparently no physical copy; the game won't have any retail presence at all.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feive_vz: There will be a retail release in the EU after EU Vita owners got vocal about it to SCEE. That doesn't mean you'll see it retailers though since most of them rarely if ever stock many Vita games. When I went to pick up Tearaway they didn't actually put it out on shelves, you had to go up and ask for it.

I might pick this game up but I'm worried about how it'll play. I do a lot of my Vita gaming offline and this looks very much like an online game. I'm also worried it might end up like Soul Sacrifice, which was a good game but I could just never really get into.

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Ah I see. What a confusing situation. I'm guessing the UK gets the physical version as well as EU then? If it really is only £28 digital il probably go for the digital version for ease. Vita cards are genuinely not so fun to carry around.

I play offline mainly too, and enjoyed Monster Hunter 4 offline. I'm sure this'll be fine as long as you don't mind not directly showing off your fancy gear to people:)

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feive_vz: Amazon are selling EU/UK copies for about £22 if you want a retail copy. I'll probably check out the local stores and see if they have them if I decide to pick it up, I like retail copies still.

I don't care about showing off to others, but I read yesterday that the end part of the game kind of requires teamwork. I'm not against playing online, I just play offline a lot in most games because I'm either away from a wifi spot or the wifi in the place is spotty at best.

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: After resigning myself to the digital version I think il end up there anyway. I never thought I would choose digital over physical though lol.

Obviously it being unreleased means I can't say for sure but, apparently the end game is totally doable on your own, just hard. I'm gonna do my best to solo it :p I'm sure it's nothing some gear grinding won't fix anyhow. Grind out some upgrades while watching Netflix or something :p

Pascy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Pascy

@feive_vz: Im in the the UK too, feel like playing some co - op with me? Not too into playing online either but this seems like a good game to get into that component. Im waiting for my physical copy to arrive so I will probably get it either Friday (if Im lucky) or Saturday. My PSN id is Pascy1000 if you feel like having some casual sessions from time to time.

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By feive_vz

@pascy: For sure. Looking forward to trying it out. :) I always wanted to try Monster Hunter with other humans but never knew any. It'd be great to try this online. Have you any experience with the vita and voice chat? May be best to be able to communicate but I've never tried it. I'm only really curious as to the quality.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slyspider

I plan on keep track of it, if people like it I'll pick it up!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hearing Jason talk about it made it seem rad. Will probably pick it up when I eventually get a PSTV.

Avatar image for smashed_pumpkins
    smashed_pumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I picked it up. I like it so far but I have only just finished the tutorial (I think). I had a preorder for the physical copy but that releases on Friday and the PS Store version was a little cheaper so I downloaded it. (Whenever there is a physical release of a Vita game, normally choose that because of the stupid expensive memory cards).

I know very little about the game. Not sure if there is matchmaking for the MP or what the MP really is. Will keep an eye on this thread.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By whitegreyblack

I think this will be a good one when I get a PS TV.

Is the game mainly online, or is there a decent offline single-player campaign?

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a few hours of playtime it's pretty fun. Really wish I was playing it with a DS4 though so getting this on PS TV might be the way to go.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By slax

@hunkulese: Is that feasible? Or is some content multiplayer only (or at the very least impossible to do on your own). Nevermind, watched the rest of the video. Although he seems cagey about it, sounds like you can be successful offline.

Pascy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Pascy

@feive_vz: Looking forward to it! Sorry, I dont have much knowledge on the Vitas voice chat except that I think the the microphone is fairly passable from what little I heard of it from playing Tearaway and setting up a party chat is quite easy. Im fairly awkward when using a mic however and I do usually have a lot of activity going on in my room which may get annoying, just thought I would let you know but I guess we will see how it fares when we get around to playing :)

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pascy: I'm fine with being fairly mute anyhow lol. Well here's hoping it works out soon. Is there any confirmation as to whether we need to be in the same city panopticon to play together? D:

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked this up Saturday morning and I like it so far. It's pretty neat. So far I've found I really like dragging an enemy down and then jumping on it to hack it's limbs off.

I picked the London Panopticon because it's the closest to where I live. If anyone feels like playing any time my PSN is Tuimic. I don't know if you need to be in the same Panopticon's to play together, I doubt it though because that would be incredibly silly to split the player base up so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.