Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Freedom Wars

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 26, 2014

A hunter style action RPG for the PlayStation Vita develop by Sony's Japan Studio, Dimps Corporation, and Shift.

I am having a pretty fantastic time with this game.

zockroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like it needs a "Shin Megami Tensei:" before it's actual title. If the bombcast is any indication, Jason is playing it. I wonder what he thinks.

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

it's more like freedom fighters/republic command with some elements from monster hunter and lost planets
    if you plan to ignore the whole AI teammate command system and your huge selection of firearms, you're gonna be very frustrated with the game later when they introduce humanoid enemies

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By feive_vz

I've been loving it too. I'm only at Level 2 clearance and I feel like I'm still kinda in the tutorial, but it's pretty great. I'm just wondering if we'll see more enemy variety in the big monsters later on. The thing that kept me going back to Monster Hunter 4 time and time again was working my way up to bigger and badder monsters to hunt.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Are you guys playing it on your own or multiplayer?

zockroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zockroach

I'm playing it mostly on my own. I just started Code: 4. If anyone wants to play let me know, my psn name is zockroach. Just let me know you are from Giant Bomb when you send the friend request : ). BTW still really loving it. The sound design is great too. The sound effects remind me a little of PSO for Dreamcast.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting for the Quick Look cause I have absolutely no clue what this game is. It looks interesting and I'm all for supporting the Vita, but I'm confused how much is multiplayer and how much is single player and what you even do in the game. Everyone says it's like Monster Hunter but I've never touched that either.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a really solid game. Easily on my top 10 for GOTY this year.

And I've mostly been playing on my own.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: How much is multiplayer depends entirely on how much multiplayer you want to play. You can do everything except pvp solo and you can also do most things as multiplayer.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've ordered my copy anyway so should arrive next week. I've got the Playstation TV preordered as well so I'm looking forward to trying out Freedom Wars on the big screen.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Been thinking about grabbing this, but I've gotta ask, is the progression/leveling MH style or is there an more traditional EXP leveling system? I find that i burn out on MH style games once I hit the midgame and have to fight the same monster 10 times to get a rare drop, so after the bevy other MH vita games i'm wary of playing halfway through another one.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elwoodan: I've only played a little of the game (couple of hours) but so far I've seen no indication of XP in the game. You collect materials while on missions from the enviroment and from killing enemies but you don't get any XP directly from the. I don't know if I'd call reducing your sentence XP, since it doesn't seem to matter how many enemies you kill as a mission has a set amount of "years" it rewards you with.

I could be wrong and maybe someone else who is further into the game can tell you, but I think it's just MH style and you're going to be grinding out those monsters for drops.

I'm enjoying what I've played so far. It looks and sounds great and the Thorn weapon makes for great gameplay. I love latching onto the Abductors and cutting their limbs off or latching onto a wall of a building and shooting at enemies from above.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked it up yesterday. It seems pretty fun, once you take out the anime bullshit (I'm okay with anime, but I don't like anime bullshit). I cannot wait when the game opens up more than it is right now.

Question though: will I be able to equip more than 2 weapons at the start of a mission?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like a cool idea, but I've read some things that have put me off from it, which is a bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.