Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Freelancer

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 04, 2003

A free roaming space sim which puts you in the shoes of a down and out pilot, and then gives you the freedom to earn your riches by performing missions for the various factions, trading or simply shooting other ships and taking their cargo!

Such a fun game

librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By librariangmr

I love space sims. I remember hearing about this because Chris Roberts (of Wing Commander fame) had worked on it. MOdding the game ended being the most fun part, as I was able to fly Serenity and Spike Spiegel's ship. Changing the music to tracks from both Cowboy Bebop and Firefly really added an extra layer of awesome to the whole thing.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

Freelancer is a fantastic game. I played it a lot when I was younger, so I'm probably biased, but it is easily one of my favorite games.

dethmunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dethmunky

Wow.  Just bouncing around forums and I can't believe people have been talking about Freelancer recently.  I played the crap out of that game back in the day.  Been feeling nostalgic for a space-sim, so I was thinking of picking up X3 .

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Morien

Although it's kinda dated now, you should check out Freespace 2, another great space sim!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Getz
    @dethmunky said:
    Wow.  Just bouncing around forums and I can't believe people have been talking about Freelancer recently.  I played the crap out of that game back in the day.  Been feeling nostalgic for a space-sim, so I was thinking of picking up X3 .
    X3 is one of the slowest games I have ever played. The depth and excitement are all there, buried under the longest learning and acquisition curve I've ever experienced.
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Zurv

Yeah this game is great. I'm hoping Chris Roberts new project is the Freelancer he always wanted to make. A lot of the grand stuff he said back when he was working on Freelancer (which clearly computers back then couldn't handle) is what is he talking about for Star Citizen. One can only hope!!

I tried to play Freelancer today.. yeah u can get the rez higher.. but.. hrmm.. i couldn't do it :)

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.