Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Friendly Fire

Concept »

In many games that feature team-based competition, "Friendly Fire" is the ability shoot or somehow directly impair ones own teammates.

Crazy Friendly Fire Incidents

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BombKareshi
    I stared in horror at the sight of my cousin's bleeding corpse lying sprawled before me, then grabbed for the nearest weapon with which to avenge his death – by brutally murdering my own father!

So I was playing some Alien Swarm with family and friends last night. I ran ahead with my flamethrower to take out some swarm eggs, but as soon as I had turned my back, my dad somehow managed to waste my cousin with his M42 Vindicator (friendly fire wasn't even on hardcore mode). Now, as this was pretty early on in the mission, I figured we were going to restart anyway... so I promptly took out my flamer unit and produced a tongue of flame that ensued my dad and burned him to a crisp. The best part, of course, was hearing my girlfriend's voice over the mic as she giggled at the family feud.

Of course, there were no hard feelings, and we all had a very good run the second time through. But the ridiculousness of it all had me thinking for a while. I'm sure some of you guys have had way more hilarious friendly fire incidents than I have. So let's hear about 'em!
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

he shoulda fucking grounded you

that would've been awesome xD
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

How are you making threads and how is your thread the only thread I can see?

Also on topic, I TK half my team most the time when I'm feeling like the most electrifying player in gaming entertainment.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Good old family-friendly murdering. What's better than that?

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BombKareshi
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" he shoulda fucking grounded you
    that would've been awesome xD
    "

As awesome as that might have been, he couldn't even if he wanted to. I'm 26 and independent. Also, I was the host.

@KaosAngel said:

" How are you making threads and how is your thread the only thread I can see? "

It's just one of my many special talents.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By zityz

I remember playing L4D and we were on hard with some friends. Here's a bit of a tip; it you happen to be holding a shotgun and there are oncoming zombies approaching. It's a very wise choice to NOT jump in front of  said person while  they're firing off rounds. You...you tend to die faster... that way.

True story.
    BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BombKareshi
    @CaLe said:
    " I remember my first trial for a CS clan years ago, I was so nervous and accidentally headshot the clan leader after he ran round a corner. Ended up going -1 and 14 or something. They still recruited me and I certainly upped my game after that. "
    They recruited you even after you headshot the clan leader? They must have really wanted you!

@zityz:
    Good advice.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By frankxiv

i just so happen to have an image of mine here on giantbomb

No Caption Provided
    i tried to stick this guy with a grenade, he jumped, and it stuck to my friend.
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mosespippy

I was playing Warhawk with the dropship expansion. We had a flag carrier in a jeep being carried by the dropship and about 4 guys in the dropship. I accidently hit them in the underside with a TOW missile, the most powerful weapon a plane has in the game. -25 points for a flag carrier TK, -1 for each person, -2 more for each in the dropship because TOW missile air to air kills were worth 3 at the time. Total of -38 points. I think I ended the round with a +1.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BombKareshi

I'm not sure if injuring hostages counts as friendly fire, but my fellow CTs have massacred many a hostage in the most gruesome ways by complete accident in Counter-Strike. Sometimes I really feel they deserve it, though, for running straight into the crossfire, or for blocking my movement. We play co-op against bots almost exclusively, though – I'm not much of a competitive player.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

There's lots of amazing moments in Halo3/Reach games where friendly fire can occur in very crazy ways.

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By DrFidget

In Halo 3 a teammate and I both re-spawned at the same time in front of a third teammate as he was firing a rocket. All three of us died.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.