Does Friendly Fire makes you more cautious?

#1 Posted by Worm (83 posts) -

We all know the feeling, we sometimes get into a server, and, let's say it's game like Counter Strike or Rainbow six, we throw a Grenade, unfortunately it bumps into a wall, or any other obstacle and falls right next to your buddies feet "Next time i'll aim better" you think and try to forget about it, not before seeing that friend blowing up in an explosion that means only one thing, "Friendly fire".
Yup, Friendly fire is a frustrating tool, yet, in order to pull out the best tricks and moves, we need to be more cautious and not run'n'spray (like some of us might want) so it also might improve your shot instead of just kill-die-forget loop.

So, what do YOU think about friendly fire?

#2 Posted by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

Im not against it, but i prefer playing without friendly fire.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14424 posts) -

No, It doesn't make me more cautious, it just makes me kill allot of dudes on my team.

#4 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

Only time I loathe Friendly Fire is on CoD4 hardcore maps. It's not realistic when your team is wandering around and you have no idea where they are, only to be surprised when they turn a corner and you accidentally kill them.

#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I prefer friendly fire. Sure, you have to be a little more cautious, and it's inevitable you're gonna blow up your teammates occasionally, but I think it makes it all more fun. It sucks when people abuse it and you get a dude on your team that just keeps shooting your teammates so your team loses.

#6 Posted by MB (12948 posts) -
Demilich said:
"Only time I loathe Friendly Fire is on CoD4 hardcore maps. It's not realistic when your team is wandering around and you have no idea where they are, only to be surprised when they turn a corner and you accidentally kill them."
I never found that to be an issue.  The only part I hate about hardcore in COD4 is that there is more often than not some douche who thinks it's funny to blow up his entire team at the start of a round with an RPG.  Ahh, Xbox Live is the greatest, isn't it?
#7 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Friendly fire ain't so bad if the punishment (for the person dieing) wasn't so bad. In matches like hardcore or CS in general more teamwork is essential, but I accepted friendly fire more in Warhawk where your death didn't mean that much because you always respawn (that is until they patched it so there is no more friendly fire).

#8 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I hate it, but I understand why some people like to use it.

#9 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I love friendly fire and it does make me more cautious. If it didn't make you more cautious then I wouldn't want you on my team.

#10 Posted by Shasam (468 posts) -

I always try to play with Friendly Fire on if I can, because it makes it more realistic. We play a lot of LAN CoD4 at University (instead of learning) and having Hardcore mode on is so much better. In that situation, killing a Team Mate by accident results in some of the best banter.

But balancing it is an issue, especially with the fools on Xbox Live who enjoy Team Killing. They need to be punished a lot, where as someone who does it by accident shouldn't be. I think that king of balancing is important to getting the feel right and making sure you don't piss people off.

#11 Posted by hendersonman (161 posts) -
Kush said:
"I love friendly fire and it does make me more cautious. If it didn't make you more cautious then I wouldn't want you on my team."
You like Friendly fire so you can shoot me. Especially in Haze... I had no idea why I started shooting everything uncontrollably. You Jack*** :P
#12 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

It doesn't make me more cautious, just makes me say sorry a lot more.

#13 Posted by mikevanpwn (401 posts) -

I just hate it when I go to fire an RPG or a Sniper Rifle and a friendly happens by chance to run right in front of my fire at the exact wrong moment.  Its happened quite a few times. :/

#14 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"No, It doesn't make me more cautious, it just makes me kill allot of dudes on my team."
Word
#15 Posted by maimran91 (361 posts) -

I like Friendly Fire, I mean those are just games

#16 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@Shawn said:
" It doesn't make me more cautious, just makes me say sorry a lot more. "
this
#17 Posted by TheDuke (231 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" No, It doesn't make me more cautious, it just makes me kill allot of dudes on my team. "
this
whenever a teammate turns the corner i accidentally shoot them 
damn twitch but other than the turning the corner accident, I almost never kill my teammates

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.