Buy Bastion, From Dust, etc. = Get The Maw for Free!

#1 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

If you're planning on buying From Dust next week, or still haven't picked-up Bastion yet, you may want to do those things through the Microsoft Store.  They will give you The Maw for free!   

Here are the links:  

It also shouldn't mess-you-up, if you're trying to get Crimson Alliance, by purchases all 5 Summer of Arcade Games!  It mentions it in the fine print at the bottom of each page.   

That could potentially be 7 games for the price of 5!  Cheers!  
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I thought they already gave everyone The Maw for free via email? I got it, and I usually never get stuff like that.

#3 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@Luke: What's lame is that you don't get to use Microsoft Points. Thanks for posting here, though I already saw it elsewhere. 

I like seeing game deals on Giant Bomb, too, once in a while.
#4 Posted by HadesTimes (802 posts) -

I got the Maw free a while ago, but thanks.

#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Hey cool, so I just look up The Maw and download it free now? I'll go try it out.

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

So hey, what happens if I bought Bastion before this was even announced? I got it yesterday and saw nothing about The Maw, and now when I look up The Maw, it's still $10.

#7 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Am I the only person who bought The Maw.

#8 Posted by MetalBaofu (1350 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
Nope.  There are at least two of us.  Got it back when it first came out.
#9 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
So hey, what happens if I bought Bastion before this was even announced? I got it yesterday and saw nothing about The Maw, and now when I look up The Maw, it's still $10.
Yeah, it wasn't a deal until 1 day after Bastion was released, I believe.  Also, you have to buy it through the Microsoft Store, which believe it or not, is not actually the same thing as Microsoft's XBOX Marketplace.  

I guess hopefully, you'll be interested in From Dust and get this deal anyway.  I know I'd be kinda miffed too, if I wasn't going to buy From Dust myself.  

Does that make sense?  
#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@Luke: Well, I'm just hoping From Dust turns out to be really good.
#11 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

Hmmm, buy the only two games I want from summer of arcade and get a 3rd game free?

Sounds good to me.

#12 Posted by Chris2KLee (2329 posts) -

Hmm, seems like a good deal. Still need to get Bastion.

#13 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

Too bad I already bought Bastion.

#14 Posted by Portis (1285 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Nah. I bought it for PC and XBLA.

#15 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Well this seems to be a needlessly awkward implementation.

#16 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
@metalhead87 said:
@LordXavierBritish said:
I bought it too. feel like a fool now if everyones getting it for free.
#17 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Any way to buy from the MS store with our MS Space dollars? I already bought a $50 card to pick up Bastion/From Dust and would hate to go spend another $15 but I'd really like The Maw (yes of course, I could buy it and the 3 chapters with the left over points, may end up doing that)

#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Wish I would have known. Would have bought Bastion there instead. :/

#19 Posted by MetalBaofu (1350 posts) -
@Taklulas said:
@metalhead87 said:
@LordXavierBritish said:
I bought it too. feel like a fool now if everyones getting it for free.
I don't.  Bought it two years ago and loved it.  I have no problem with them offering it as part of some deal to people that may not have ever played it any other way.    Now if I had just bought it last week or something, then I might would be kinda annoyed.
#20 Posted by Cameron (595 posts) -

It looks like this is US only. The billing address requires a state and zip code and the offer isn't available on the Canadian version of the store.

#21 Posted by JasonLeeson (201 posts) -

Yes FYI:

Offer only valid on the U.S. Microsoft Store website; not valid on previous orders or at Microsoft Store retail locations. U.S. residents only.

Bummer.

#22 Posted by xyzygy (9896 posts) -

Good thing I read the fine print and didn't get this, I'm in Canada!

#23 Posted by JasonLeeson (201 posts) -

Here in Europe, we pay for our Maw.

#24 Posted by siddarth0605 (116 posts) -

wow I followed the link and went to the store and now somehow I am downloading from dust on my 360 a day before its supposed to be released. How the fuck did I just do that!!!

#25 Posted by PoToSkull (104 posts) -

I just bought it too! About to play it right now!!!!!!!!!

#26 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Cameron said:

It looks like this is US only. The billing address requires a state and zip code and the offer isn't available on the Canadian version of the store.

As fucking usual. Thanks, Microsoft.
#27 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@Azteck said:

@Cameron said:

As fucking usual. Thanks, Microsoft.
#28 Posted by ReaganStein (86 posts) -

Has anyone been able to get this deal today?  Seems like microsoft took the linked pages down after the early release fiasco and I can't seem to get a page with the deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.