Can we expect the PC version to feel 'porty'?

#1 Posted by Immuniity (239 posts) -

I'm tossing up if i should get this game on xbox or on the PC. My gut tells me given the genre of game it might be better with a mouse however im concerned it will have that distinct 'port' feeling.

Any word on this or should i just wait it out and see what happens?

#2 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

can you explain this port feeling. not sure what you on about.  

#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

It was supposed to come out on both 360 and PC on the same day, so no. There must have been an issue (Like the freezing the 360 version currently has) that made it get pushed back.

#4 Edited by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

Why would anyone know this? You'll have to wait and see for yourself.

Personally, I'm totally fine with the console version and I have no control issues (I'm currently at level 11).

#5 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Probably will.

#6 Posted by Korwin (3029 posts) -

I'd probably put good money on a yes. It's entirely likely it will drop with forced mouse smoothing and acceleration and texture resolution no higher than the Xbox version (the dead give aways of a sloppy port).

#7 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@jetsetwillie said:

can you explain this port feeling. not sure what you on about.

Can you explain your avatar, not sure what you on about.

#8 Posted by Immuniity (239 posts) -

@jetsetwillie:The feeling that it was ported from the console to PC. You know, stuff like 'press the B button', having to navigate the menus with the arrow key and generally awkward support for keyboard and mouse.

@CptBedlam: I havn't been following so i didnt know if there was any release information, videos or developer blogs that would give me an answer. Seemed like a fair question.

#9 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

As a representative of the marketing division at Ubisoft I say:

No comment.

#10 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Most of the gameplay seems to consist of grabbing, dragging and dropping stuff. Not sure how anyone could mess that up. 

#11 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

@S0ndor: This. Just pre-pruchased.

#12 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

Maybe you should wait for the PC reviews.

#13 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

Actually in the latest Bombcast the guys mentioned, that the controls are more tuned a mouse.

#14 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

It looks very much like a PC game, but this is Ub-I-Soft so I fully expect them to fuck it up.

#15 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@S0ndor said:

Most of the gameplay seems to consist of grabbing, dragging and dropping stuff. Not sure how anyone could mess that up.

We're all fucked :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.