Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

From Dust

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 27, 2011

As a benevolent god known as 'the Breath', players must lead their people to safety and help them retrieve the lost knowledge of their ancestors by manipulating the shape of the terrain of the world in this spiritual successor to Populous.

OH! THE POWER! COURSING THROUGH MY FINGERS!!!!!! RAAAAAARRR!!

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan
    "And the last thing the little jungle dude saw before his entire village was wiped clean from the earth was a mysterious gap begin to form in the dirt wall surrounding his village. As the sad, lonely faces of his village elders and people began to bounce off the walls of his mud hut, silently mouthing "Help... Me", he realized that today was the day. The day when the vengeful God he had sanged and danced for suddenly decided to divert the course of the river into his home. As he struggled above the waterline for his last, desperate breath, he was at least thankful that this was just a demo..."

Yes my friends, From Dust is probably the most evil game I've played in a long time. Two levels took me about 2 hours to complete after feeling the raw power of planet changing coursing through my God-like fingers. First on the menu? Create a massive wall of earth, making the little jungle peoples think they were safe. Protected. Loved. Then I created a massive atoll island. And again the little jungle peoples thought that their God was giving them a nice view to behold and that they were still loved and safe.  

But I grew tiresome of their constant thumping and drum beating. Their melodies no longer pleased me. No, too much time had passed. Their wicked ways and primitive minds held no love for their master. They MUST BE TAUGHT TO OBEY! LET LOOSE THE ATOLL! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!! 

And with that, the village was no more. 

Yeah, I totally must get From Dust when it comes down in price, or else I'm going to start going back to magnifying glasses and ants. : (
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan
    "And the last thing the little jungle dude saw before his entire village was wiped clean from the earth was a mysterious gap begin to form in the dirt wall surrounding his village. As the sad, lonely faces of his village elders and people began to bounce off the walls of his mud hut, silently mouthing "Help... Me", he realized that today was the day. The day when the vengeful God he had sanged and danced for suddenly decided to divert the course of the river into his home. As he struggled above the waterline for his last, desperate breath, he was at least thankful that this was just a demo..."

Yes my friends, From Dust is probably the most evil game I've played in a long time. Two levels took me about 2 hours to complete after feeling the raw power of planet changing coursing through my God-like fingers. First on the menu? Create a massive wall of earth, making the little jungle peoples think they were safe. Protected. Loved. Then I created a massive atoll island. And again the little jungle peoples thought that their God was giving them a nice view to behold and that they were still loved and safe.  

But I grew tiresome of their constant thumping and drum beating. Their melodies no longer pleased me. No, too much time had passed. Their wicked ways and primitive minds held no love for their master. They MUST BE TAUGHT TO OBEY! LET LOOSE THE ATOLL! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!! 

And with that, the village was no more. 

Yeah, I totally must get From Dust when it comes down in price, or else I'm going to start going back to magnifying glasses and ants. : (
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

Dragon Ball Z thread.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpawnMan
    @EuanDewar: Wha?
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Vexxan

Every time your village burns down a kitten dies.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@EuanDewar said:

Dragon Ball Z thread.

It's obviously Dragon Ball GT

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpawnMan
    @Vegsen: Nooo!! :..( 

Oh well. I'll just create new ones with my God-like power.
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TotalEklypse

I've done worse in the Black and white games. 

Ever teach your pet to play catch with the villagers or to poop on them. 

Classic. 

But yea I already preordered on steam lol. 

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By WickedCestus
    @SpawnMan said:
    sanged
    Sanged. 

Sanged. 

Sanged. 

SANGED.
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpawnMan
    @supermike6: BAHAHAHA!!! ; ) 
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpawnMan

Annd now I have the full game! Totally awesome lava flows! Although I accidentally set fire to my fire and destroyed their village. THen trying to save them ended up diverting a river into them too... Restart! ; )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.