the_red_mage's From Dust (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

Visually impressive but gameplaywise dissapointing

As a software engineer I have to give Kudos to the development team and especially to the physics-guys as the water in this game is just stunning and hauntingly beautiful. The gameplay on the other hand kinda disappointed me. Its not the core mechanics though because these are beatifully implemented. It's the variety in gameplay and the given scenarios. I kinda lost interest in the game after the first half because I had the feeling that the game started to repeat itself. That is basically all.

In a summer of arcade with less stellar titles (i am looking at bastion over here) it probably would be a gem.

Other reviews for From Dust (Xbox 360 Games Store)

How God looked down upon its people, and smited them with poor AI 0

So summer comes along and game developers forget gamers exist. Microsoft’s solution to this drought is Summer of Arcade. A yearly assortment of Xbox Live Arcade titles, giving you a reason not to venture outside.  Ubisoft’s, From Dust is one of these titles, the aim is simple; adventure across the land with your tribe, build settlements, avoid the elements, and move on. Each area is its own little sandbox - a little slice of island paradise - more than likely plagued with tsunamis, flash...