the_red_mage's From Dust (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

Visually impressive but gameplaywise dissapointing

As a software engineer I have to give Kudos to the development team and especially to the physics-guys as the water in this game is just stunning and hauntingly beautiful. The gameplay on the other hand kinda disappointed me. Its not the core mechanics though because these are beatifully implemented. It's the variety in gameplay and the given scenarios. I kinda lost interest in the game after the first half because I had the feeling that the game started to repeat itself. That is basically all.

In a summer of arcade with less stellar titles (i am looking at bastion over here) it probably would be a gem.

Other reviews for From Dust (Xbox 360 Games Store)

Dusty Prospect 0

From Dust centres around the player as ‘the breath’, a god-like force of nature able to control the world around it, and has them manipulating the environment to claim a number of villages before exiting to the next area. It’s a very interesting concept and brings a type of game play to consoles that hasn’t really been done before. It’s a fun game with good level designs that, although lacking in places, ends up being a fairly decent prospect.The essential mechanic here is that you can pick up a...

A neat twist on being God... well sort of God 0

From Dust largely remained under the radar for me. Any real previous exposure to the game was some tech demo trailers showcasing the innovative flow of the game's natural elements. I was impressed enough to remember the name so I jumped on it when it came out on XBLM.From Dust separates itself from other God games in that rather than focusing on purely influencing your people, you focus on altering the land in order for them to survive and progress.You play as 'The Breath' a god like entity summ...