Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Frozen Synapse

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 06, 2011

A simultaneous-turn-based tactical strategy game by Mode 7 Games.

Gosh this game is so complex.

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By technom

Hello Giantbombers!

I started playing Frozen Synapse. Wow, such a beautiful but complex game! I'm playing the singleplayer campaign before playing online, I fear the ultimate defeat online if I don't do so.

Am I right?

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By technom

Hello Giantbombers!

I started playing Frozen Synapse. Wow, such a beautiful but complex game! I'm playing the singleplayer campaign before playing online, I fear the ultimate defeat online if I don't do so.

Am I right?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yea, it's pretty complex and hard to understand. The first mission said, "If you went through the training, this should be easy"; it took me two tries to get through it with one guy left, and I suspect the game dropped the difficulty down to let me achieve this.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By SteamPunkJin

From the previews it just looked like setting targets and paths and then hitting go....there's so much more to it.

It's actually pretty daunting, the amount of detail you have to pay attention to.

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By technom

@Video_Game_King: Okay, thank you for the comment!

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Shivoa

I find a key thing to remember is there is no dice rolls in Frozen Synapse. When a dual happens (two people are capable of shooting each other at the same time) then there is pure (totally obscured - read the help files for some of the rules they use and check their forums for an exhaustive listing of the maths that decide the 'winner' who gets the first hit and so gets the kill) method to the outcome.

Once you get comfortable with the game you can turn the lights off (fog of war) and it becomes another huge leap to get good. So much depth, I just with they'd show the maths for duals so people would be able to see what they did wrong / how they could have won that engagement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is something I discovered way too late, and it's not really stated anywhere in the game (to the best of my knowledge), but you can also give orders to the opposing units. Then you can simulate to your heart's content. Think you'll be able to take out a dude with a shotgun if you both turn the corner at the same time? You *can* simulate it.

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By technom

: Yeah, I discovered the effects of Stillness, Cover, Distance on a duel. I'll follow your method of turning the fog of war on!

: Oh! Nice! Thank you!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.