I expected more IRL Fruit Ninjas

#1 Posted by Fobwashed (1899 posts) -

After watching Norm's shameful fruit ninja swording abilities (baseball bat swings?), I went to youtube in hopes of filling the hole in my heart I didn't know I had. There are only 2 videos and both of them pretty awful. How is it in a world where you can find ridiculously specific nonsense on youTube, there aren't more people either irl fruit ninjaing?

Someone, please fill this void.

#2 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

You're right, these YouTube videos are terrible.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

It would have made a specific user even angrier! Eat your fruits and vegetables, kids.

#4 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I hope you realize there are starving kids in Africa that would have loved to eat all those delicious fruits Norm was cutting down. 

EDIT:  Yeah, none of those videos are any good.

#5 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

Well I think you've found yourself a new life's mission Mr. Fobwashed.

#6 Posted by Fobwashed (1899 posts) -

@Fripplebubby: If I had a sword, I'd be out there right now making a video. Those things are expensive =\

#7 Edited by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

@Fobwashed: Well, for a full tang sword yes. Smaller percentages of tang are cheaper.

Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge on swords, but one time my friend bought one and it said "full tang" on the box, and it was the source of much ridicule from me.

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (259 posts) -

Was anybody else surprised that Norm didn't run somebody through? Not exactly the most coordinated of the WM brethren.

#9 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -

@courtney12490: Yeah every time he started to swing I expected it to fly into Will. For the first time ever I was legitimately scared for them.

Completely unrelated note: I am very sad I didn't get a new John Drake avatar...

#10 Posted by Obsidian (346 posts) -

I found it simultaneously hilarious and terrifying. I really thought that thing was going to go flying out of his hands. Now I just want to him to practice some more so I can see what he can do as a true fruit ninja.

#11 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Gallagher was the ultimate fruit ninja.

#12 Posted by TyrellOCP (327 posts) -

I don't think they picked Norm because of his skills with a sword, they picked him because he's Asian.

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (7053 posts) -
#14 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -
@Fobwashed:  Check out Shihan Kenneth. I think he holds the world record for most slicing the most apples in one minute 

#15 Posted by Fobwashed (1899 posts) -

@mijetman: I think he proved today that his membership had been revoked years ago if not at birth -_-;; Apparently, he swapped it with Shihan Kenneth.

@Masha2932: Not bad. I half expected him to slice off a finger every time he got all caught up resheathing his blade. Impressive but I want someone throwing fruit at him as he goes ninja crazy on em. It's nice to want things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.