Breaking Brad: FTL

#1 Posted by IgnisPhaseOne (56 posts) -

Especially with the success of Team Brad, we need to bring him down a peg. Think FTL could do it?

ROGUE. LIKES. WHAT

#2 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

Breaking Brad is supposed to be achievement based, what achievement would he be going for?

Does FTL have achievements?

#3 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

@psylah said:

Breaking Brad is supposed to be achievement based, what achievement would he be going for?

It doesn't have to be achievement based, it would be nice for them to branch out and play games on different systems.

#4 Edited by Zaktius (5 posts) -

FTL has achievements, it's how you unlock new ships.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@IgnisPhaseOne said:

Especially with the success of Team Brad, we need to bring him down a peg. Think FTL could do it?

ROGUE. LIKES. WHAT

Technically, ROGUELIKE-LIKES. WHAT

#6 Edited by psylah (2161 posts) -

@Ramone said:

@psylah said:

It doesn't have to be achievement based, it would be nice for them to branch out and play games on different systems.

If he's not playing to get a specific achievement, then he's playing to demo the game (a Quick Look / Random-Ass PC Game) or playing until he either completes it or cannot go any further (Endurance Run).

#7 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -

I would rather just have a quicklook with some combo of brad, vinny, dave and drew

#8 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

YEEEESSSSS. Maybe a Flight Club?

#9 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

Is this going to be come the new "they should do an endurance run of ______"? And it's not just about playing a hard game, it about getting a specific achievement that is really hard. I would prefer another installment of doom II. He was making some good headway last time

#10 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1932 posts) -

Brad will not survive.

What's the quickest one can get to the last boss and win, anyway?

#11 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

Brad will not survive. What's the quickest one can get to the last boss and win, anyway?

With fighting enough dudes to gain enough scrap to level and shit, 2 hours.

#12 Posted by Rayeth (1021 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus: I think there is too much variation and randomness to say definitively. I mean if you get no weapon stores, or all enemy ships, etc etc.

#13 Posted by OtakuGamer (1222 posts) -

@alternate said:

I would rather just have a quicklook with some combo of brad, vinny, dave and drew

#14 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Hopefully there will still be a quick look.

#15 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Roguelikes or like-like-likes might make for funny content in general. I have a soft spot for Shiren the Wanderer.

#16 Posted by pyrodactyl (1854 posts) -

To long, my winning run was about 3h long. Multiple runs would be very long. It could take him a day to beat the boss if he's not good at the game.
And a full day of brad playing ftl would be AWESOME!

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

I don't want another breaking brad for months. Let the high of his previous success have it's own time for appreciation than bring out BB later on.

#18 Posted by LikeaSsur (1486 posts) -

@IgnisPhaseOne said:

ROGUE. LIKES. WHAT

Nope. Nothing can ever bring Brad down ever again. It's official, "Pulling a Brad" is now a compliment, not an insult.

#19 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3759 posts) -

I'm all for this. Set it on Normal, his goal is to beat the boss.

I BELIEVE IN BRAD.

#20 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4902 posts) -

@alternate said:

All four of them.

#21 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

I dunno. The game is a bit too reliant on random chance to be necessarily enjoyable to watch from that perspective. Nah. I'd rather watch Brad slog through Doom 2 and get lost when the path forward is super obvious.

#22 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

I'm all for this. Set it on Normal, his goal is to beat the boss.

I BELIEVE IN BRAD.

+1

#23 Posted by Zereta (1363 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

I dunno. The game is a bit too reliant on random chance to be necessarily enjoyable to watch from that perspective. Nah. I'd rather watch Brad slog through Doom 2 and get lost when the path forward is super obvious.

Well, he did try Spelunky on the BLLSL for Breaking Brad so randomness is fair game apparently :)

Not immediately. Let the #teambrad victory hang for a while more. And then when the dust settles, let this new challenger arise and kick Brad's ass, just as nature intended

#24 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1932 posts) -

Yeah, in hindsight from my personal experience with FTL, this would be a solid candidate for Breaking Brad. I'd say teambrad has a chance...

Provided several iterations of Brad getting destroyed several times, but he can definitely do it if they gave him like a long stream or three.

#25 Posted by JSwan13 (274 posts) -

I'd really like to see this happen.

#26 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Every playthrough takes like 1 to 2 hours, and typically ends by the Flagship spamming Boarding Drones until you die.

Fuck it, do it.

#27 Posted by Zereta (1363 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

Every playthrough takes like 1 to 2 hours, and typically ends by the Flagship spamming Boarding Drones until you die.

Fuck it, do it.

This is precisely why its worth it.

#28 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5156 posts) -

Assuming he plays on normal the chance of him getting to the flagship consistently is like 10-15%

Aside: Boarding Drones aren't that much of an issue with upgraded doors, just ignore the one they send unless it lands somewhere particularly vital, only kill it if absolutely necessary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.