FTL is a perfect endurance run game

#1 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2857 posts) -

I hope you and the bombcrew have been playing this game half as much as I have. It'd make a perfect E Run because each "game" is usually only 10 to 120 minutes. Who's with me!!

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Oh no...

What have you wrought?

#3 Posted by Shaka999 (447 posts) -

No, you know what would make a great endurance run? New Super Mario Bros. U Think about it- potentially 5 players, the game can't be that long, they could rotate in who is playing so you don't have the same 5 guys in every episode so if someone needs to get work done, they can invite someone else in for the day. It would be amazing!

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@GERALTITUDE said:

@Jeff I hope you and the bombcrew have been playing this game half as much as I have. It'd make a perfect E Run because each "game" is usually only 10 to 120 minutes. Who's with me!!

No. 
#5 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

Too late, they're already re-enduring an Endurance Run for DP:DC.

#6 Posted by MaxxS (193 posts) -

@Shaka999 said:

No, you know what would make a great endurance run? New Super Mario Bros. U Think about it- potentially 5 players, the game can't be that long, they could rotate in who is playing so you don't have the same 5 guys in every episode so if someone needs to get work done, they can invite someone else in for the day. It would be amazing!

I would absolutely watch Giant Bomb stumble their way through a New Super Mario Bros game.

#7 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Here...we ...go.

#8 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (140 posts) -

no. it would not.

#9 Posted by Pabba (306 posts) -

Operation: Endurance Run Everything?

#10 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Another option would be running this on TNT along with something else though I could easily see this as a single go through video of it.

#11 Posted by Shaka999 (447 posts) -

@MaxxS: Right? It could totally work and it would be enjoyable if the Wii version's quick look is any indication

#12 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

No. Stop it. All of you hush.

#13 Posted by InsidiousBliss (38 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE: I love this game, but I like games with more interesting stories for the endurance runs. Don't get me wrong, each FTL run has its own story based on what the player adds from their imagination; however, I am not sure it is going to have the same impact if I am watching someone else play. Maybe if they did more with FTL it could be in a feature like Breaking Brad. Then again, I feel like I have seen everything FTL has to offer.

#14 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

*sigh* this thread again

#15 Posted by TheHumanDove (2499 posts) -

This is a bad idea and in turn you should feel bad for thinking it.

#16 Posted by konig_kei (595 posts) -

God damn it you scared them away! Never mention endurance runs they'll do it by themselves.

#17 Posted by AndrewB (7439 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

Too late, they're already re-enduring an Endurance Run for DP:DC.

Rendurance Run: Persona 4 - The Golden and Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut and the DS version of Chrono Trigger, simultaneously.

#18 Posted by ViciousReiven (815 posts) -

It'd make a good Breaking Brad game, but that kind of game just doesn't fit with the spirit of the ER.

#19 Posted by Peanut (953 posts) -

It's not even close to ER material.

#20 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

If it hasn't got a story it's probably going to be a boring ER game.

#21 Posted by ch3burashka (4992 posts) -

...No, it's not.

#22 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2857 posts) -

Yeaaaaaaah. I just wasn't sure if it was Breaking Brad material. There are internal achievements I suppose. And I never really associated Endurance Run with story actually, just enduring.

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

And I never really associated Endurance Run with story actually, just enduring.

Have you watched the Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition Endurance Runs?

#24 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2857 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah, all of P4. Missed 1 or 2 DP videos though (knowwhatimsayin!).

I dunno, maybe I'm crazy but it never occurred to me that Endurance Runs would have to exclusively be story heavy games. I just feel FTL is good recurrent Giant Bomb Video material.

#26 Posted by The_Nubster (2037 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah, all of P4. Missed 1 or 2 DP videos though (knowwhatimsayin!).

I dunno, maybe I'm crazy but it never occurred to me that Endurance Runs would have to exclusively be story heavy games. I just feel FTL is good recurrent Giant Bomb Video material.

I think a lot of the focus is on unique games, which leave a lot of room for commenting and fun. FTL is kind of a static screen of a ship with text. I don't think I'd want to watch it over and over again. Amazing to play, but there isn't much going on for a viewer.

#27 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2857 posts) -

Fair enough about the static screen, but I feel the game is really different and dynamic during every play through. The text is short, so it's easy to read aloud, and the game is mad hard. Just imagine all the burning ships and hilarity that would ensue.

#28 Posted by bucifer (88 posts) -

Maybe Dave could do this Endurance Run, think about it it makes total sense. The Dwarf Fortress videos were pretty cool, an no story in that game either.

#29 Posted by yellownumber5 (353 posts) -

@fox01313: I agree. Endurance runs are supposed to be epically long games, Although a single run-through of FTL with good luck can feel a little epic, there are no guarantee's that an endurance run of FTL could replicate that. A secondary TNT run would be perfect though. This game deserves exposure.

#30 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Oh yeah, blow the one Endurance Run every 2 years on a 1 hour long game.

The game could literally be beaten in a Quick Look if they got lucky enough.

#31 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

@Wraith1 said:

*le sigh* this thread again

fixed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.