Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FTL: Faster Than Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 14, 2012

In this roguelike space sim, players are tasked with commanding a customized starship on an important mission through a randomized universe, with vile rebels nipping at their heels.

FTL Naming Conventions

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seaborgium

I'm noticing this really tiny strange thing about FTL. In the hangar, if I name a character (say) "Bob Smith," it will call that character "Smith." However, if I name the character "Bob Smitheroon," it will call that character "Bob." It doesn't consistently go with the last name, or the first name, or whichever name's shorter. I'm not sure what the algorithm is, and as a result it's tough to give my characters the full names I want and also give them the display names I want. It's not a huge deal (I can just name them the desired display names, e.g. just "Bob"), but it's a little curious. Does anyone know more about this?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

I noticed that, too. It seems to have to do with the length of the name and where the space is placed. With some creative abbreviation, you can get pretty much any name to work.

Bonus: I name all my rock guys after Rocky movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.