Needs to be on mobile devices....

#1 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

I love this game. But while playing it on my PC is great and all the whole time I am just thinking...

God I want to play this on the iPad sitting right next to me.

I might try remote desktoping this... I know it is crazy but I just want to play this on the iPad and not on the PC for some reason. It is just too perfect as a mobile game.

That being said, this game is awesome.

#2 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

I wish this upon many games i own like Super Meatboy, Gratuitous space battles, Magicka, Bastion and many more.. DS lite, 3Ds or even android. Any and all would be awesome

#3 Posted by Sanity (1900 posts) -

Yea, i dont own a tablet but i can see how this game would work well on a touch screen.

#4 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2495 posts) -

I could see playing FTL on a tablet for sure. The only extra button you would really need on-screen would be a pause button.

#5 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@McShank said:

I wish this upon many games i own like Super Meatboy, Gratuitous space battles, Magicka, Bastion and many more.. DS lite, 3Ds or even android. Any and all would be awesome

1. Super Meatboy would be terrible on a touch screen because it needs precision. 3DS or vita would be kinda cool.

2. Bastion is on the iPad and I have played it. It is very well done.

#6 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Bastion on IOS sucks as I Highly dislike apple and their products.

#7 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@McShank: Yes. That makes a lot of sense.

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4601 posts) -

Put everything on Vita. Please!

#9 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

Absolutely, this would be perfectly suited to iOS/Android devices.

#10 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

PLEASE GOD NO! DON'T DO IT!

I have things in life that need to be done. If this game is on mobile devices, I'm so fucked. It's the only thing I'll ever goddamn do!

WHY DO YOU WANT TO CURSE ME SO, ?!?!?!

#11 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

PLEASE GOD NO! DON'T DO IT!

I have things in life that need to be done. If this game is on mobile devices, I'm so fucked. It's the only thing I'll ever goddamn do!

WHY DO YOU WANT TO CURSE ME SO, ?!?!?!

I hate myself also, your pain is an unfortunate side effect.

#12 Posted by jehrco (35 posts) -

@McShank said:

MMmmm Mobile Meat boy on vita would be amazing but I can't imagine Magicka on anything other than PC. Maybe a Sega Genesis with 6 button controller. Yup that is the only way. Maybe a fight stick.

#13 Edited by Cubidog1 (222 posts) -

I could not imagine this being on an Ipad or anything like that. This seems perfect to me on PC. Also playing Bastion without a controller seems impossible to me. It felt perfect.

#14 Posted by blueneurosis (98 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Put everything on Vita. Please!

You know, it kind of hit me out of the blue. If Sony wanted to throw a hail mary for keeping the Vita relevant, they'd dump a ton in creating a port department that approaches indy developers and try to rope as many of them into making Vita versions. Hotline Miami, FTL, Fez....that might make me want a Vita!

#15 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2025 posts) -

I was totally thinking this too sometime after this came out. I'm surprised no one has tried porting it yet to mobile devices since it'd be perfect for that.

#16 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -
@McShank

Bastion on IOS sucks as I Highly dislike apple and their products.

Ugh. That's just stupid.
#17 Posted by posh (477 posts) -

I've been aching to play FTL on my iPad mini, it's such a perfect size for games. It's a shame there's only like 16 games I want on iOS out of the millions that get churned out. There's a particular lack of decent strategy games even though the iPad lends itself perfectly to that genre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.