Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FTL: Faster Than Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 14, 2012

In this roguelike space sim, players are tasked with commanding a customized starship on an important mission through a randomized universe, with vile rebels nipping at their heels.

Possible for this to be on the 'Big Live Live Show: Live 3!'?

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Would anyone want this to be Quick Looked on the Big Live Live Show: Live 3!, does this idea have any support, or would everyone just rather have a normal Quick Look?

Reason I am even making a Topic about this is:

(1) The game is pretty awesome!

(2) It gets released on 14 of September (This Friday, same day as BLLSL3)

(3) I think it would be pretty awesome for dave, vinny, etc to all play this game live.

(4) It a rogue-like game.

(5) It could use up some time on the show and it's pretty enjoyable to watch.

Discuss? (Should it be on the show, or not, or am I completely wrong, and I should get lost?)

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

I imagine Vinny would be pretty damn busy and the games kind of slow paced for the action packed big live live show live 3 isn't it?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

If it comes out on the same day, I doubt it. Odds are, they have everything planned out and set up already. Jumping into a game none of them know a thing about sounds like a recipe for disaster.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Naw, that should just be a Quick Look.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

It would be pretty baller if they QL'd it live on the show but my money's on them doing a regular QL sometime after.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BisonHero

@BraveToaster said:

Naw, that should just be a Quick Look.

I agree. And I've been meaning to give you a follow for some time now, so now is as good a time as any.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cubidog1

I would like a quick look around 40 to 60 minutes long of this. Unless it isn't as deep as I thought. That would suck.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SSully

@Cubidog1 said:

I would like a quick look around 40 to 60 minutes long of this. Unless it isn't as deep as I thought. That would suck.

Depending on how well you do, a run to the end takes about 30 minutes on easy. Normal takes a bit longer and the game in general is pretty difficult when you first start off.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BisonHero

@SSully said:

@Cubidog1 said:

Depending on how well you do, a run to the end takes about 30 minutes on easy. Normal takes a bit longer and the game in general is pretty difficult when you first start off.

30 minutes seems low, though I've only played easy once or twice. There's still 8 sectors on easy, right? That only gives you about 4 minutes per sector, which I just don't see happening. You end up doing multiple fights per sector, and even when you're way stronger than the ships you're fighting, fights can take anywhere from 30 seconds to like 2 or 3 minutes if the ship you're fighting has a decent shield and gets a lot of lucky dodges. Or are you assuming that the person playing is just making a bee line for the sector exit, despite that being inadvisable?

I guess it depends on whether you still read all of the text in the game or not, but I feel like 8-10 minutes per sector is much more accurate.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Milkman

A space sim strategy game doesn't seem like a good fit for the Big Live Live Show.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SSully

@BisonHero said:

@SSully said:

@Cubidog1 said:

30 minutes seems low, though I've only played easy once or twice. There's still 8 sectors on easy, right? That only gives you about 4 minutes per sector, which I just don't see happening. You end up doing multiple fights per sector, and even when you're way stronger than the ships you're fighting, fights can take anywhere from 30 seconds to like 2 or 3 minutes if the ship you're fighting has a decent shield and gets a lot of lucky dodges. Or are you assuming that the person playing is just making a bee line for the sector exit, despite that being inadvisable?

I guess it depends on whether you still read all of the text in the game or not, but I feel like 8-10 minutes per sector is much more accurate.

I should note that I always get to the end, but never manage to beat the last sector. Each time it is between 30-45 minutes. Maybe thats why I keep losing, I get through the sectors to quick. Also I am at the point where I barley read the text.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BisonHero

@SSully: Yeah, I think it really helps if you spend as much time in each sector as possible. That might even be one of the tooltips the game tells you at the beginning? Obviously the advancing fleet forces you forward at a certain point, but try to figure out a route that allows you to zigzag around and still leave the sector before they catch up to you. You'll end up with more scrap to upgrade your ship with, plus the more beacons you visit, the better your odds of encountering an event that gives you a free crew member or weapon, which is also a nice bonus.

Also, any run where you can buy a Scrap Recovery Arm from a shop within the first 1 or 2 sectors (and then follow my suggestion of spending as much time as possible in each sector) almost guarantees that you beat the boss, because you end up getting a fair amount of extra scrap.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By ElCapitan

Oh man, watching Vinny just get obliterated in this game would be so awesome. I hope they do a QL, BLLS or not.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It'd make for a good quick look, but I wouldn't necessarily call it live show material.

Avatar image for purplemoustache
    PurpleMoustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By PurpleMoustache

It for sure should be a Quick Look. Love the game, and its one of the best Kickstarters I backed!

Loving the fact that its getting massive press just before the release mainly through word of mouth from YouTubers.

MosaicM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By MosaicM80

@ArbitraryWater said:

It'd make for a good quick look, but I wouldn't necessarily call it live show material.

Agree with this, would make a good QL. But doubt it will be or should be in the live show. Will say I was disappointed FTL wasn't mentioned in the podcast this week, not even just as a game being released this week. Maybe next week after all this live show business is put to bed, I'm sure the crew are quite busy!

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Okay I understand that it would be pretty slow for something that is on the BLLSL3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.