shep9toes's FTL (PC) review

• shep9toes wrote this review on .
  • shep9toes has written a total of 2 reviews. The last one was for FTL

Challenging, seldom frustrating.

It wasn't really the quick looks or the lets plays that made me interested in FTL because when you watch it with untrained eyes it is really quite stale, impressive with all of its micromanagement and the administrative look of it sure, but it's just not very visual.

That said, I am so glad that the good things I heard about it convinced me to buy it(It helped that it was cheap and would work fine on my potpal) because this baby is the Sci-Fi'est Sci-Fi that ever Sci-Fi'ed. And I love my Sci-Fi. The delegation of crew, the management of the limited powersupply and the random elements that makes the short but highly repeatable journey feel alive make for an adrenaline filled ride.

And it's tough, very tough. I highly doubt that I'll ever play on normal difficulty again.

Other reviews for FTL (PC)

FTL for Linux: Rogues in Space! 0

This review, like the ones to follow, will focus both upon the game itself and its Linux implementation. The reviewer dual-boots into Windows 7 and is thereby better equipped to cross-reference performance issues and the like.If FTL is any indication of the sort of quality we can expect from the games the Internet has collectively Kickstarted this year, Linux users should be prepared to lose hundreds of work hours to gaming in the coming months. Though the zeitgeist surrounding it has cooled som...

Game of the Year every year. 0

Be a paragon of justice. Build impenetrable overshields with bot defenses and save the unfortunate from certain death.Or, be ruthless, kill everyone and take everything they own. Create an arsenal of wave beam and missile weapons. Bot drones, heavy lasers and ion chargers with chain shots to tear apart anyone willing to become a victim to your onslaught.Get to know different species and what specialties they can bring to your team.Earn different ships by doing various and inpromptu quests throug...